Welcome to this week’s edition of our weekly news and events roundup of all things Whippet-related.
Races Nearing Capacity
If an upcoming race is nearing capacity and you want to do it, make sure to register! It’s almost impossible to get in once the race fills up. The following races are nearing capacity:
- The Shape Women’s Half is now nearing capacity: https://www.nyrr.org/races/
- Our annual team meeting is next week. Check out info here: https://www.meetup.com/
- Join teammates to watch the Olympic Trials this weekend (good luck to Grace and Jessica!): https://www.meetup.com/
- If you would like to meet the Westchester group on March 7 for a run at Rockefeller State Park, with transportation provided by Volvo, RSVP here: https://www.meetup.com/
- Jenna and Andrea are organizing a track workout at Astoria Park. Check out the meetup for information: https://www.meetup.com/
- DWRT Track Meet registration is open. See here: http://trackmeet.
- Spring and summer NYRR races are now open. These include the following points races:
- Queens 10K: June 21 (https://www.nyrr.org/races/
- Team Champs: August 1 (https://www.nyrr.org/races/
- Bronx 10M: September 20 (https://www.nyrr.org/races/
- S.I. Half: October 11 (https://www.nyrr.org/races/
Thanks a ton to Martina, who is writing up the results! If you have any non-NYRR results and would like to be featured on our Weekly Wag and have the result in our database, make sure to fill out the results form here: http://www.dashingwhippets.
- Genevieve Coffey (23:48) was the 7th woman OA at the 2020 NYRR Al Gordon Brooklyn 4M, leading the women to 2nd place. Naomi Nakai (24:48) and Lauren Dorsky (26:40) placed 5th and 10th in their AG. They were followed by Olivia Kramer (27:49) and Marissa Connelly (28:57). Carol Stickler placed 9th in her AG, finishing in 30:02.
- On the men side, Frederick Hines (22:34) and Jordan Wolff (22:39) placed 4th and 6th in their AG. Terrence McGovern (23:26) and Sever Garcia (26:26) both placed 9th in their AG. Carl Kulo (29:46) and Bob Parsons (39:00) placed 5th and 8th in their AG.
- At the NYCRUNS Central Park Half Marathon, both Brian Reis (1:20:45) and Jennifer DiMascio-Donohue (1:28:33) placed 1st in their AG.
2020 Points Races
a. Washington Heights 5K (full): March 1 (https://www.nyrr.org/races/
b. UAE Healthy Kidney 10K (full): March 28 (https://www.nyrr.org/races/
c. Run as One 4M (full): April 26 (https://www.nyrr.org/races/
d. Brooklyn Half (full): May 16 (https://www.nyrr.org/races/
e. Queens 10K: June 21 (https://www.nyrr.org/races/
f. Team Champs: August 1 (https://www.nyrr.org/races/
g. 5th Avenue Mile: September 13
h. Bronx 10M: September 20 (https://www.nyrr.org/races/
i. S.I. Half: October 11 (https://www.nyrr.org/races/
j. NYC Marathon (full) (https://www.nyrr.org/
k. Ted Corbitt 15K: December 13
All of our apparel is now at one spot at our sponsor, Finish Line Physical Therapy at 119 West 23rd Street, 3rd Floor.
To order gear:
- Pom pom hats: https://www.meetup.com/
- Arm sleeves: https://www.meetup.com/
- New Nike Singlets: https://www.meetup.com/
- New Balance Singlets (only women’s sizes left!): http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Short Sleeved Shirts: https://www.meetup.com/
- Long Sleeved Shirts: https://www.meetup.com/
- Gloves: https://www.meetup.com/
- Winter short distance plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
content/uploads/2019/12/DWRT_ TrainingPlan_Winter2020_ ShortDistance.pdf
- NYC Half Marathon Plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
- Boston Marathon Plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
- NJ Marathon Plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
content/uploads/2020/02/DWRT_ TrainingPlan_NJMarathon2020_ v2.pdf
Brooklyn Half Plan coming soon!
The coaches are now providing an individualized coaching option. Please see information here: http://www.dashingwhippets.
Injury Questions for Finish Line Physical Therapy
Have an ache or pain? Ask our new strength and mobility coach, Emmi Aguilldard, about it here to receive advice ASAP! http://bit.ly/DWRTinjuryq
If you shop for running gear at http://www.runningwarehouse.
Picky Bars Discount: https://www.meetup.com/
SkratchLabs Discount: https://www.meetup.com/
Free Spin Class at Swerve: https://www.meetup.com/
DWRT’s 2020 Wellness Partners and Sponsors
For health and wellness needs, please consider our Wellness Partners. Thank you, Wellness Partners!
- Sports acupuncture: RunnerClinicNYC www.runnerclinic.com
- Physical therapy: Finish Line Physical Therapy www.finishlinept.com
- Physical Therapy: Sloane Stecker Physical Therapy http://sloanestecker.com/
- Sports Podiatry: Lori Weisenfeld, DPM www.loriweisenfelddpm.com
- Therapeutic Sports Massage, Sarah Sanborn LMT: https://www.sarahsanborn.com/
- Real Estate: RoomUnity is a tech-enabled real estate company serving buyers, sellers, renters, working alongside investors. www.roomunity.com
- Automobile: Volvo Car USA. https://www.volvocars.com/
Thank you also to our friends at Amity Hall and Running Warehouse!
Our friends at Ragnar are providing $100 off DWRT team registrations to 2020 overnight Ragnar Relays. See “deals and discounts” on Meetup, here:
Follow us on:
- Instagram: http://instagram.com/
- Twitter: http://twitter.com/
- Facebook Page: http://facebook.com/
- Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/
- DWRT Strava Group: https://www.strava.com/clubs/
dashing-whippets – please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you’ve tried to join the Strava group and haven’t been approved yet!