- Members shall control their conduct during club workouts, activities, and at races whilst at all times being respectful to all teammates and opponents and shall conduct themselves in a manner that will ensure the safety of others so as to not reflect negatively on the club and its members.
- Members shall choose their words carefully and shall refrain from talking negatively about others when interacting with teammates, other running clubs and opponents when at club workouts, activities, races, or via the Internet in public forums.
- Members shall conduct themselves in a manner that will ensure a comfortable and welcoming club environment. Members are expected to interact with all persons in a manner that avoids behavior that could be construed as discrimination or sexual harassment. Sexual harassment is defined as “Unwanted sexual advances, or visual, verbal or physical conduct of a sexual nature.” Members are expected to respect the age, religion, ethnic background, gender, and sexual orientation of other members. Members are to recognize that the club operates as a sport and social club, however also are to understand that discrimination or unwanted and/or continued advances toward other members will not be accepted and that all members have the right to an environment free from all forms of discrimination, including sexual harassment.
- Members should acknowledge the accomplishments and efforts of others, encouraging all teammates and opponents to excel whilst keeping in mind you represent the club as an ambassador to the community at large.
- Members are responsible to ensure that this Code of Conduct is followed and are expected to report any inappropriate actions or behavior to a club officer.
- Membership may be terminated by resignation of a member, or by a majority vote of the club officers for violations of this Code of Conduct.
- Members are expected to adhere to all of the rules of competition in races in which they participate. Members found to be in violation may face reprimand, suspension or other action.To our members:
The Board takes concerns seriously about code of conduct violations, buying, selling or giving race numbers, or any other violations of the rules of competition. Members who are found to violate the rules of competition will have their membership terminated for 12 months, after which they can reapply for membership. The best way to address a concern directly to the Board is to write to these two emails (address your note to one, and copy the other): email@example.com, and firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you.