The Dashing Whippets Running Team is a New York based running team that is founded on, and driven by, the diversity of our team members.
To be the preeminent running team in the New York City area and enable our members to be the best runners they can be.
The Dashing Whippets Running Team is a New York-based running team founded upon, and driven by, the diversity of our team members. Comprised of runners from all over the city, the country and the world, with greatly different running goals, our team finds unity in recognizing and appreciating our differences, our mutual enjoyment of running, and participating together in the New York running community and beyond. Together, our goal is to help one another become the best runners that we can be and to fulfill our potential as athletes. Our team spirit, expert coaches, and training plans help our members achieve and exceed their varied goals. As a team, we aspire to enrich and actively engage with the running community through hosting multiple training sessions per week, maintaining accessibility to all with a low annual membership fee, cheering at races, and giving back to the community through volunteering and fundraising for local nonprofit organizations.
Dashing Whippets Running Team is a 501(c)(3) non-profit running organization operating under the Road Runners Club of America (RRCA) and a club member of USA Track and Field (USATF). (Please see our Governance Documents, below.)
We charge $30 in annual dues, but new members may try out the team for 90-days (more info).
Our goal is to be inclusive as possible. We keep our dues low, and each November, we invite our members to participate in a Voluntary Contribution Drive, to contribute whatever they wish to the club, in accordance with their own means and the value they feel they have received from the club.
All contributions to the Voluntary Contribution Drive are 100% tax-deductible. Thank you, members!
You can get more involved by joining our Committees:
- Pandemic Events Response Committee (No Chairperson)
- Finance Committee (Co-Chairs: Kathleen Servide and Anthony Amato)
- Legal Committee (Chair: Kathleen Servidea)
- Conduct Committee (Chairs: Kathleen Servidea and Jacquii Alexander)
- Apparel Committee (Chairs: Brigette Kolson and Megan Alliston)
- Inclusion Committee (Chair: Brigette Kolson)
- Public Relations Committee (Chair: Garrett Burger)
- Virtual Race Committee (Chair: Terrence McGovern)
- Partnerships and Sponsorships Committee (Chair: Michael Alcamo)
- Track Meet Committee (No Chairperson)
- Strategic Planning Committee (No Chairperson)
Join our Communities
If you’re on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Garmin, please join our communities:
- Join our Facebook Group.
- Like our Facebook Page.
- Follow us on Twitter.
- Join us at LinkedIn.
- Join us on Garmin.
Good Governance is Important to Us
- Here is the DWRT Certificate of Incorporation and the IRS’s record of our Tax ID number, which is: TIN 27-3516495.
- Here is the RRCA’s January 29, 2010 Group Tax-Exemption Letter from the IRS and the RRCA’s January 4, 2011, confirmation that we are included in the Group Determination Letter.
- Here are our current Team Bylaws, adopted February 28, 2018.
- Our Club Conflicts of Interest Policy and Directors’ disclosure, under the RRCA and the New York Not-for-Profit Corporation Law can be found here. (Signed annually by our Board members).
- We also file our records with the New York State Attorney General’s Office Charity Bureau. Our NYS code is NYS 45-49-22.
- Here is our most recently filed financial information and Form 990s.
- You can also review our 2013 Annual Report and our 2014 Annual Report.
Dashing Whippets Running Team, Dashing Whippets, DWRT and our team logo and designs are Registered Trademarks owned by Dashing Whippets Running Team, Inc., a New York non-profit corporation. You can find trademark information for each at www.uspto.gov.
Use of our trademarks on any media or product, now or invented in the future, whether tangible, digital, or otherwise, by any person or corporation, without the advance written permission of Dashing Whippets Running Team, Inc. is prohibited. Unauthorized usage of these trademarks is subject to statutory damages.
This means, among other things: (a) If you are not a team member and would like to use a photograph or drawing that contains the team logo, the words “Dashing Whippets,” or “DWRT” in any way, any configuration, or for any reason (eg., on an article of clothing, a book cover, a training plan, etc.), you need to ask the team Board of Directors for permission in writing ahead of time. If you are a journalist and are writing about the team and believe a “fair use” exception applies, we welcome knowing ahead of time of your plans. (b) If you are a team member and wish to use the logo or the words “Dashing Whippets” or “DWRT” on anything (eg., pint glasses, sunglasses, apparel of any kind), you also need to ask the Board of Directors for permission in writing ahead of time.
The team’s Board of Directors reserve all of its rights to decline permission for any reason or to require the payment of a royalty for use of our trademarks.
Many of the photographs on our site were taken by Ben Ko, Da Ping Luo and Tom Flanagan. Please contact us or these individuals if you would like to receive permission from these talented photographers to use these images. Their work is valuable, and they are the owners of the copyrights to such photographs. The photographs are not “public domain”, and they are within their rights to require payment of a fee.
This website was conceptualized by the Dashing Whippets website committee and designed and developed by Jerlyn Thomas.
© 2019 Dashing Whippets Running Team, Inc. All rights reserved.