Welcome to this week’s edition of our weekly news and events roundup of all things Whippet-related.
Races Nearing Capacity
If an upcoming race is nearing capacity and you want to do it, make sure to register! It’s almost impossible to get in once the race fills up. The following races are nearing capacity:
- The Shape Women’s Half is now nearing capacity: https://www.nyrr.org/races/
- So is the 5.8 mile race on the same today: https://www.nyrr.org/races/
- If you would like to meet the Westchester group on March 7 for a run at Rockefeller State Park, with transportation provided by Volvo, RSVP here: https://www.meetup.com/
- Jenna and Andrea are organizing a track workout at Astoria Park. Check out the meetup for information: https://www.meetup.com/
- DWRT Track Meet registration is open. See here: http://trackmeet.
- If you’re doing the Washington Heights 5k, RSVP here: https://www.meetup.com/
- If you’d like to volunteer at the NYC Half, RSVP and information are here: https://www.meetup.com/
Thanks a ton to Martina, who is writing up the results! If you have any non-NYRR results and would like to be featured on our Weekly Wag and have the result in our database, make sure to fill out the results form here: http://www.dashingwhippets.
- Both the Men and the Women’s Open Teams placed 1st at the 2020 NYRR Manhattan 7 Mile. Brian Reis and Karim Bendouma placed 4th and 9th OA, finishing in 38:50 and 40:48. Matthieu Grigoresco (42:07) and Jonathan Meythaler Falcones (44:07) both placed 4th in their AG. Joseph Pennacchio (44:34) placed 6th in his AG.
- Rose Willey, Lauren Dorsky and Jennifer DiMascio-Donohue placed 4th, 6th and 8th OA for the women, finishing in 44:12, 45:05 and 45:50. Tara Lyons (47:53) and Adiel Schmidt (49:35) paced 4th and 6th in their AG. John Narducci placed 9th in his AG, finishing in 50:52.
- Mark Dani won the 5000 in 15:38.27 and Frederick Hines placed 2nd OA at the USATF NY/NJ Championships 5000m, finishing in 16:06. Eric Morley ran 17:14.93 and Chris Fortio ran 17:55.35. Sam Geha won the mile in 4:14.91. Also running the mile was Cam Coneys (4:36.9), Afshin Rostamizadeh (5:16.57), Paul Dobrynin (4:54.25), Yoon Lee (5:27.89), and Terrence McGovern (4:57.31). Anne-Laure White was third in the mile in 5:22.66, followed closely by Meghan Bongartz (5:23.46), Jess Chen (5:38.28), and Sophia Siciliano (6:20.67). Caile Martinez won the 3000 in 10:12.85. Billy Washer ran the 3000 in 9:56.8
- Russell Turley finished the NJ Trail Series 10K in 48:22, placing 4th OA.
- Allan Acosta ran the Sprouts Mesa Marathon in 3:32:33.
2020 Points Races
a. Washington Heights 5K (full): March 1 (https://www.nyrr.org/races/
b. UAE Healthy Kidney 10K (full): March 28 (https://www.nyrr.org/races/
c. Run as One 4M (full): April 26 (https://www.nyrr.org/races/
d. Brooklyn Half (full): May 16 (https://www.nyrr.org/races/
e. Queens 10K: June 21
f. Team Champs: August 1
g. 5th Avenue Mile: September 13
h. Bronx 10M: September 20
i. S.I. Half: October 11
j. NYC Marathon (https://www.nyrr.org/
k. Ted Corbitt 15K: December 13
All of our apparel is now at one spot at our sponsor, Finish Line Physical Therapy at 119 West 23rd Street, 3rd Floor.
To order gear:
- Pom pom hats: https://www.meetup.com/
- Arm sleeves: https://www.meetup.com/
- New Nike Singlets: https://www.meetup.com/
- New Balance Singlets (only women’s sizes left!): http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Short Sleeved Shirts: https://www.meetup.com/
- Long Sleeved Shirts: https://www.meetup.com/
- Gloves: https://www.meetup.com/
- Winter short distance plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
content/uploads/2019/12/DWRT_ TrainingPlan_Winter2020_ ShortDistance.pdf
- NYC Half Marathon Plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
- Boston Marathon Plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
If you would like to use the team’s plans via the VDOT program (it’s a really cool app that makes training much easier), email the coaches at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The coaches are now providing an individualized coaching option. Please see information here: http://www.dashingwhippets.
Injury Questions for Finish Line Physical Therapy
Have an ache or pain? Ask our new strength and mobility coach, Emmi Aguilldard, about it here to receive advice ASAP! http://bit.ly/DWRTinjuryq
If you shop for running gear at http://www.runningwarehouse.
Picky Bars Discount: https://www.meetup.com/
SkratchLabs Discount: https://www.meetup.com/
Free Spin Class at Swerve: https://www.meetup.com/
We now have four chapters of the team! If you have friends in Boston, Westchester, or NJ, please send them the following links:
- Boston: https://www.meetup.com/
- NJ: https://www.meetup.com/
- Westchester: https://www.meetup.com/
DWRT’s 2020 Wellness Partners and Sponsors
For health and wellness needs, please consider our Wellness Partners. Thank you, Wellness Partners!
- Sports acupuncture: RunnerClinicNYC www.runnerclinic.com
- Physical therapy: Finish Line Physical Therapy www.finishlinept.com
- Physical Therapy: Sloane Stecker Physical Therapy http://sloanestecker.com/
- Sports Podiatry: Lori Weisenfeld, DPM www.loriweisenfelddpm.com
- Therapeutic Sports Massage, Sarah Sanborn LMT: https://www.sarahsanborn.com/
- Real Estate: RoomUnity is a tech-enabled real estate company serving buyers, sellers, renters, working alongside investors. www.roomunity.com
- Automobile: Volvo Car USA. https://www.volvocars.com/
Thank you also to our friends at Amity Hall and Running Warehouse!
Our friends at Ragnar are providing $100 off DWRT team registrations to 2020 overnight Ragnar Relays. See “deals and discounts” on Meetup, here:
Ben Ko posted the pictures from the party! Check them out here: https://proofs.
Follow us on:
- Instagram: http://instagram.com/
- Twitter: http://twitter.com/
- Facebook Page: http://facebook.com/
- Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/
- DWRT Strava Group: https://www.strava.com/clubs/
dashing-whippets – please email email@example.com if you’ve tried to join the Strava group and haven’t been approved yet!