Welcome to this week’s edition of our weekly news and events roundup of all things Whippet-related.
- Make sure to sign up for Team Championships! This is one of the biggest races of the year, so we hope everyone can run! https://www.nyrr.org/races-
- In order to score for the team at Team Championships, you must run or have run a NYRR race under the team name in the 12 months prior to it. There are a few left that are open:
- The Retro 4M (nearing capacity): https://www.nyrr.org/races-
- The Brooklyn RUN 5k: https://www.nyrr.org/races-
- The RUN 5k (nearing capacity): https://www.nyrr.org/races-
- If you are running the Pride Run, RSVP here: https://www.meetup.com/
- If you’d like to cheer, RSVP here: https://www.meetup.com/
- If you live in Queens, check out our new Astoria Park workout: https://www.meetup.com/
- The coaches are rolling out a new coaching program called Run Smart. Megan is going to do a presentation on how to use it on June 27. Info here:https://www.meetup.com/
- One of our sponsors, Sloane Stecker PT is holding a running event at their office on June 23. Info here:
Sloane Stecker Physical Therapy will be hosting a Running Event on Saturday, June 23, 2018. The clinic will provide a complimentary running assessment for injury prevention and performance enhancement utilizing its Noraxon Treadmill with video, pressure, and muscle firing (EMG) analyses. Participants will also be provided with assessments utilizing Globus Kineo and Force Plate Systems.
Please contact Bianca Rodriguez at Bianca@sloanestecker.com to schedule an appointment today! Scheduling is limited.
Results (Queens 10k results next week!)
Results – thanks a ton to Martina, who is writing up the results! If you have any results and would like to be featured on our Weekly Wag, make sure to fill out the results form below.
Make sure to help us fill out our results database by entering your non-NYRR results here: http://www.dashingwhippets.
- Our women took second place at the 2018 NYRR New York Mini 10K! Anoush Shehadeh (37:03) and Jessica Chichester (37:13) placed 1st and 10th in their AG. They were followed by: Emmi Aguillard (38:52); Kim Martineau (40:57-1st AG) and Barbara Mann (41:22-7th AG). Amy May (45:05) placed 6th in her AG.
- Spencer Zidarich took 3rd place at the Al Goldstein 5k, finishing in 16:04. Eric Morley (16:56) placed 3rd in his AG. Jacob Pulfer (17:45) placed 4th in his AG. Leonel Perez (17:51) placed 5th in his AG. Laura Gann (18:12) and Eliza Ragsdale (19:17) placed 2nd and 1st in their AG. Maggie Mocete (20:37) and Patricia Tirona (22:46) both placed 4th in their AG. Yoonseok Lee finished in 18:53.
- Laura Stephen placed 1st in her AG at the North Face Endurance Challenge: Boston. She finished the half marathon distance in 3:10:43. Sharon London (1:24:32) and Mary Haskins (1:37:25) represented us in the 10K, finishing 1st and 2nd in their AG.
2018 Points Races
- Team Champs (7/28/2018): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Percy Sutton 5K (8/25/2018): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- NYRR 5th Avenue Mile (9/9/2018): https://www.nyrr.org/races-
- Bronx 10M (9/30/2018): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Staten Island Half (10/14/2018): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- TCS NYC Marathon (11/4/2018) (register by 2/15!): https://www.tcsnycmarathon.
org/plan-your-race/run-in- 2018?_ga=2.260980173. 1756861461.1516468491- 1713173526.1506293621
- Ted Corbitt 15K (12/8/2018): https://www.nyrr.org/races-
All of our apparel is now at one spot at our sponsor, Finish Line Physical Therapy at 119 West 23rd Street, 3rd Floor.
To order gear:
- New Nike Singlets: https://www.meetup.com/
- New Balance Singlets: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Tech T-shirts: https://www.meetup.com/
- Retro short sleeved t-shirt: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Long Sleeved Shirts: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Sugoi track jackets: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Wool hats: https://www.meetup.com/
- Gloves: https://www.meetup.com/
- Running caps: https://www.meetup.com/
- New Jackets: https://www.meetup.com/
- Summer 5k-10k Plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
- Fifth Avenue Mile/Track Plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.
Italy Run 5k
We wanted to let you know about a FREE non-competitive 5K Fun Run coming up. The This Is Italy Fun Run will take place June 30 at 9AM, kicking off at Pier 62 at Chelsea Piers in Manhattan. The course will go along the water up to Pier 84 and back. Runners can register at: http://thisisitaly-run.com/
Injury Questions for Finish Line Physical Therapy
Have an ache or pain? Ask a physical therapy professional about it here to receive advice ASAP! http://bit.ly/DWRTinjuryq
If you are a new member of the Dashing Whippets, please join us on Mondays for the New Member and Easy Run, out of Amity Hall. Our website has a new page with FAQs for new members: http://www.dashingwhippets.
If you shop for running gear at http://www.runningwarehouse.
BOA Shorts Discount Code
If you want some cool running apparel, check out the 20% off code at this great shorts/running clothes maker: https://www.meetup.com/
Rabbit Apparel Discount Code
We have a new team discount code for Rabbit Apparel, which has some really nice looking shirts, singlets, and other running apparel. Here’s the site:https://www.runinrabbit.
DWRT’s 2017 Wellness Partners and Sponsors
For health and wellness needs, please consider our Wellness Partners. Thank you, Wellness Partners!
- Sports acupuncture: RunnerClinicNYC www.runnerclinic.com
- Physical therapy: Finish Line Physical Therapy www.finishlinept.com
- Physical Therapy: Sloane Stecker Physical Therapy http://sloanestecker.com/
- Sports podiatry: Lori Weisenfeld, DPM www.loriweisenfelddpm.com
- Sports massage: Body Balance Integrated Massage Therapy www.bodybalancenyc.com
Thank you also to our friends at DermalMedix, Amity Hall, and Running Warehouse!
Follow us on:
- Instagram: http://instagram.com/
- Twitter: http://twitter.com/
- Facebook Page: http://facebook.com/
- Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/