Welcome to this week’s edition of our weekly news and events roundup of all things Whippet-related.
- The coaches are rolling out a new coaching program called Run Smart. Megan is going to do a presentation on how to use it on June 27. Info here: https://www.meetup.com/
- If you’re new to the team, check out either our Monday easy run in Manhattan or our Wednesday easy run in Brooklyn:
- Manhattan: https://www.meetup.com/
- Brooklyn: https://www.meetup.com/
- If you are running the Tuesday Night Speed Series this week, RSVP here:https://www.meetup.com/
- Please make sure to RSVP for runs so we know who is attending!
- Make sure to sign up for Team Championships! This is one of the biggest races of the year, so we hope everyone can run! https://www.nyrr.org/races-
- In order to score for the team at Team Championships, you must run or have run a NYRR race under the team name in the 12 months prior to it. There are a few left that are open:
- The Brooklyn RUN 5k: https://www.nyrr.org/races-
- The RUN 5k (nearing capacity): https://www.nyrr.org/races-
Results – thanks a ton to Martina, who is writing up the results! If you have any results and would like to be featured on our Weekly Wag, make sure to fill out the results form below.
Make sure to help us fill out our results database by entering your non-NYRR results here: http://www.dashingwhippets.
- Our men took 4th place at the 2018 NYRR Queens 10K, a team-point race. Ned Cunningham, who finished in 33:18, was our first man. Jordan Odonoghue (33:57) and Keaton Naff (34:02) placed 2nd and 3rd in their AG. They were followed by Jeremy Arthur (34:06) and Karlo Mendoza (34:49-4th AG). Frederick Hines (35:12) and Jeffrey Nicastro (42:44) placed 7th and 4th in their AG.
- The Masters Men team took 5th place. Both Matthew Wong (36:30) and Bobby Liu (38:08) finished 7th in their AG. Richard Nacin finished in 38:38.
- Our women’s team, who took 5th place, were led by Jessy Scarpone. She finished in 37:12 and placed 9th OA (3rd AG). Laura Gann (38:55), Rebecca Verrone (38:58) and Carly Graham (39:11) placed 1st, 2nd and 6th in their AG. Rose Willey finished in 41:20. Brooke Jameson (43:38) placed 6th in her AG.
- The Masters Women teak took 8th place thanks to Ayaba Kanther (45:59); Courtney Reidy (46:37) and Patricia Tirona (47:08).
- At the NYRR Tuesday Night Speed Series, Chris Forti ran the mile and the 3200m, finishing in 5:18 and 11:42. Stephen Bione ran 4:51.8 and 10:23.2. Garrett Burger ran 5:05.4 and 10:48.8.
- Catherine Mitchell finished the 13.1 mile-New Paltz challenge in 1:50:39.
2018 Points Races
- Team Champs (7/28/2018): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Percy Sutton 5K (8/25/2018): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- NYRR 5th Avenue Mile (9/9/2018): https://www.nyrr.org/races-
- Bronx 10M (9/30/2018): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Staten Island Half (10/14/2018): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- TCS NYC Marathon (11/4/2018) (register by 2/15!): https://www.tcsnycmarathon.
org/plan-your-race/run-in- 2018?_ga=2.260980173. 1756861461.1516468491- 1713173526.1506293621
- Ted Corbitt 15K (12/8/2018): https://www.nyrr.org/races-
All of our apparel is now at one spot at our sponsor, Finish Line Physical Therapy at 119 West 23rd Street, 3rd Floor.
To order gear:
- New Nike Singlets: https://www.meetup.com/
- New Balance Singlets: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Tech T-shirts: https://www.meetup.com/
- Retro short sleeved t-shirt: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Long Sleeved Shirts: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Sugoi track jackets: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Wool hats: https://www.meetup.com/
- Gloves: https://www.meetup.com/
- Running caps: https://www.meetup.com/
- New Jackets: https://www.meetup.com/
- Summer 5k-10k Plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
- Fifth Avenue Mile/Track Plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
Injury Questions for Finish Line Physical Therapy
Have an ache or pain? Ask a physical therapy professional about it here to receive advice ASAP! http://bit.ly/DWRTinjuryq
If you shop for running gear at http://www.runningwarehouse.
DWRT’s 2017 Wellness Partners and Sponsors
For health and wellness needs, please consider our Wellness Partners. Thank you, Wellness Partners!
- Sports acupuncture: RunnerClinicNYC www.runnerclinic.com
- Physical therapy: Finish Line Physical Therapy www.finishlinept.com
- Physical Therapy: Sloane Stecker Physical Therapy http://sloanestecker.com/
- Sports podiatry: Lori Weisenfeld, DPM www.loriweisenfelddpm.com
- Sports massage: Body Balance Integrated Massage Therapy www.bodybalancenyc.com
Thank you also to our friends at DermalMedix, Amity Hall, and Running Warehouse!
Follow us on:
- Instagram: http://instagram.com/
- Twitter: http://twitter.com/
- Facebook Page: http://facebook.com/
- Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/
Italy Run 5k
We wanted to let you know about a FREE non-competitive 5K Fun Run coming up. The This Is Italy Fun Run will take place June 30 at 9AM, kicking off at Pier 62 at Chelsea Piers in Manhattan. The course will go along the water up to Pier 84 and back. Runners can register at: http://thisisitaly-run.com/