Welcome to this week’s edition of our weekly news and events roundup of all things Whippet-related.
- With the two most popular tracks in NYC out of commission, The Whippets and NBR will be co-hosting an outdoor track meet together. Come join us for the Red Hook Games on June 2nd! We’re looking for participants and volunteers (or both!).
- Meet info: https://www.meetup.com/
dashing-whippets/events/ 250586599/?rv=co1&_xtd= gatlbWFpbF9jbGlja9oAJGNjMDI1Yz M0LTVhN2MtNGFkYS1hYTZkLWE5NTZl NTcwZGU3OA
- Volunteering: https://www.meetup.com/
dashing-whippets/events/ 250586298/?rv=co1&_xtd= gatlbWFpbF9jbGlja9oAJGYxYzdjMD gxLWU2NDMtNDE5NS05OGQ3LWRkYmRh MzBmZGI0ZQ
- Register here: https://runsignup.com/Race/NY/
- We have new Nike team singlets! RSVP here for all the info and to buy one (for $30): https://www.meetup.com/
- Fill out this pace form if you want people to pace with for the Brooklyn Half: https://goo.gl/forms/
- We are doing a preview of the Brooklyn Half course tomorrow at the Brooklyn Saturday long run. It might be rainy, FYI. RSVP here:https://www.meetup.com/
- The Wednesday easy run group will run to the Brooklyn Half expo if you’d like to go with them to pick up your bib: https://www.meetup.com/
- The Fifth Avenue Mile is open: https://www.nyrr.org/races-
Results – thanks a ton to Martina, who is writing up the results! If you have any results and would like to be featured on our Weekly Wag, make sure to fill out the results form below.
Make sure to help us fill out our results database by entering your non-NYRR results here: http://www.dashingwhippets.
- Andrew Skrilow PRd by over one minute at the Blue Cross Broad Street Run 10M, finishing in 1:14:27. Eytan Kurshan raced the distance for the first time, closing in 1:00:20. Katherine Edwards ran a 1:06:48. Laura Gann ran 1:03:06 and Alex Noble ran 1:00:02.
- Richard Nacin finished his first 50M race, the North Face Endurance Challenge: New York, in 10:24:59. Dave McGrath finished in 12:35:39.
- Emma Krasovich placed 1st in her AG and 3rd OA for the women at the NYC Runs – Verrazano Half Marathon, finishing in 1:36:22.
- Regan Colestock (19:19) was the 3rd woman OA at the NYCRuns DIME McCarren 5K.
- At the NJ Marathon (missing from last week), Drew McDonald ran 2:57:36, David Goldfarb ran 2:43:15, and Joe Siefers ran 3:31:32. Avi Das ran the half in 1:33:34.
2018 Points Races
- Brooklyn Half (5/19/2018) (full): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Queens 10K (6/16/2018) (full): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Team Champs (7/28/2018): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Percy Sutton 5K (8/25/2018): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- NYRR 5th Avenue Mile (9/9/2018): https://www.nyrr.org/races-
- Bronx 10M (9/30/2018): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Staten Island Half (10/14/2018): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- TCS NYC Marathon (11/4/2018) (register by 2/15!): https://www.tcsnycmarathon.
org/plan-your-race/run-in- 2018?_ga=2.260980173. 1756861461.1516468491- 1713173526.1506293621
- Ted Corbitt 15K (12/8/2018)
All of our apparel is now at one spot at our sponsor, Finish Line Physical Therapy at 119 West 23rd Street, 3rd Floor.
To order gear:
- New Nike Singlets: https://www.meetup.com/
- Singlets: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Tech T-shirts: https://www.meetup.com/
- Retro short sleeved t-shirt: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Long Sleeved Shirts: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Sugoi track jackets: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Wool hats: https://www.meetup.com/
- Gloves: https://www.meetup.com/
- Running caps: https://www.meetup.com/
- New Jackets: https://www.meetup.com/
- Brooklyn Half Plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
Race for Edie 5k
The Dashing Whippets are pleased to be a Sponsor of the Race for Edie 5K, to be held May 20, 2018 in Prospect Park. A gifted runner and cyclist, Edie Perkins ran for the Dashing Whippets before moving to California in 2016. In April 2017, while cycling near L.A, Edie was struck by an SUV turning into her path. She sustained extensive injuries, and is paralyzed from the chest down. Edie’s friends have organized this 5K to assist with the costs of her care. To register:https://runsignup.com/Race/NY/
Injury Questions for Finish Line Physical Therapy
Have an ache or pain? Ask a physical therapy professional about it here to receive advice ASAP! http://bit.ly/DWRTinjuryq
Spring 2-Massage Special / Body Balance Sports Massage
Our sports massage Wellness Partner, Body Balance Sports Massage, has a new 2-massage promotion for DWRT for the spring. Why not have one prior to your spring A-race, and one after? Also, makes a perfect gift for a spring marathoner!
The deal: (a) $90 for 2 x 30 minute massages; or (b) $170 for 2 x 60 minute massages. (+ tax). (Each must be used by June 1). Details:https://bodybalancenyc.com/
If you are a new member of the Dashing Whippets, please join us on Mondays for the New Member and Easy Run, out of Amity Hall. Our website has a new page with FAQs for new members: http://www.dashingwhippets.
Ragnar Relay Discount Code
If you like Ragnars, then you’ll love $100 off of these two races: Ragnar Pennsylvania June 15-16, 2018 or Trail Ragnar Wawayanda Lake October 5-6, 2018. For the exclusive Dashing Whippets $100 off code, click the Ragnar link on our website, or go to our Deals Page on Meetup. Register at www.ragnarrelay.com
(See info on code here: https://www.meetup.com/
If you shop for running gear at http://www.runningwarehouse.
BOA Shorts Discount Code
If you want some cool running apparel, check out the 20% off code at this great shorts/running clothes maker: https://www.meetup.com/
Rabbit Apparel Discount Code
We have a new team discount code for Rabbit Apparel, which has some really nice looking shirts, singlets, and other running apparel. Here’s the site:https://www.runinrabbit.
DWRT’s 2017 Wellness Partners and Sponsors
For health and wellness needs, please consider our Wellness Partners. Thank you, Wellness Partners!
- Sports acupuncture: RunnerClinicNYC www.runnerclinic.com
- Physical therapy: Finish Line Physical Therapy www.finishlinept.com
- Physical Therapy: Sloane Stecker Physical Therapy http://sloanestecker.com/
- Sports podiatry: Lori Weisenfeld, DPM www.loriweisenfelddpm.com
- Sports massage: Body Balance Integrated Massage Therapy www.bodybalancenyc.com
Thank you also to our friends at DermalMedix, Amity Hall, and Running Warehouse!
Follow us on:
Facebook Page: http://facebook.com/
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/