Welcome to this week’s edition of our weekly news and events roundup of all things Whippet-related.
- With the two most popular tracks in NYC out of commission, The Whippets and NBR will be co-hosting an outdoor track meet together. Come join us for the Red Hook Games on June 2nd! We’re looking for participants and volunteers (or both!).
- Meet info: https://www.meetup.com/
- Volunteering: https://www.meetup.com/
- Register here: https://runsignup.com/Race/NY/
- If you want to cheer at the Brooklyn Half, here’s info: https://www.meetup.com/
- Info on the Brooklyn Half After Party here: https://www.meetup.com/
- Make sure to pick up your bib by Friday since there’s no bib pick up on the day of the race.
- Also make sure to show up early on Saturday! All the race day essentials are here: https://blog.nyrr.org/home/race-day-essentials-brooklyn-half?_ga=2.102758593.1590251041.1526520353-1713173526.1506293621
- We have new Nike team singlets! RSVP here for all the info and to buy one (for $30): https://www.meetup.com/
- The Fifth Avenue Mile is open: https://www.nyrr.org/races-
Results – thanks a ton to Martina, who is writing up the results! If you have any results and would like to be featured on our Weekly Wag, make sure to fill out the results form below.
Make sure to help us fill out our results database by entering your non-NYRR results here: http://www.dashingwhippets.
- Our women placed first at the 2018 Japan Run (4M)! Francesca DeLucia was the THIRD woman OA, crossing the finish line in 24:33. Lauren Dorsky (27:11) placed 2nd in her AG. Cheryl Goldwasser (28:07); Patricia Choux (27:45) and Patricia tirona (27:45) placed 9th, 5th and 10th in their AG.
- Jenna Moulton finished the OneAmerican 500 Festival Mini Marathon in 1:33:56.
- Amortya Ray ran a 47:21 at the Newport 10K.
2018 Points Races
- Brooklyn Half (5/19/2018) (full): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Queens 10K (6/16/2018) (full): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Team Champs (7/28/2018): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Percy Sutton 5K (8/25/2018): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- NYRR 5th Avenue Mile (9/9/2018): https://www.nyrr.org/races-
- Bronx 10M (9/30/2018): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Staten Island Half (10/14/2018): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- TCS NYC Marathon (11/4/2018) (register by 2/15!): https://www.tcsnycmarathon.
org/plan-your-race/run-in- 2018?_ga=2.260980173. 1756861461.1516468491- 1713173526.1506293621
- Ted Corbitt 15K (12/8/2018)
All of our apparel is now at one spot at our sponsor, Finish Line Physical Therapy at 119 West 23rd Street, 3rd Floor.
To order gear:
- New Nike Singlets: https://www.meetup.com/
- Singlets: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Tech T-shirts: https://www.meetup.com/
- Retro short sleeved t-shirt: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Long Sleeved Shirts: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Sugoi track jackets: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Wool hats: https://www.meetup.com/
- Gloves: https://www.meetup.com/
- Running caps: https://www.meetup.com/
- Jackets: https://www.meetup.com/
- Brooklyn Half Plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
Italy Run 5k
We wanted to let you know about a FREE non-competitive 5K Fun Run coming up on June 30. The This Is Italy Fun Run will take place June 30 at 9 AM, kicking off at Pier 62 at Chelsea Piers in Manhattan. The course will go along the water up to Pier 84 and back. You can register at: http://www.thisisitaly-run.com
Race for Edie 5k
The Dashing Whippets are pleased to be a Sponsor of the Race for Edie 5K, to be held May 20, 2018 in Prospect Park. A gifted runner and cyclist, Edie Perkins ran for the Dashing Whippets before moving to California in 2016. In April 2017, while cycling near L.A, Edie was struck by an SUV turning into her path. She sustained extensive injuries, and is paralyzed from the chest down. Edie’s friends have organized this 5K to assist with the costs of her care. To register:https://runsignup.com/Race/NY/
Injury Questions for Finish Line Physical Therapy
Have an ache or pain? Ask a physical therapy professional about it here to receive advice ASAP! http://bit.ly/DWRTinjuryq
Spring 2-Massage Special / Body Balance Sports Massage
Our sports massage Wellness Partner, Body Balance Sports Massage, has a new 2-massage promotion for DWRT for the spring. Why not have one prior to your spring A-race, and one after? Also, makes a perfect gift for a spring marathoner!
The deal: (a) $90 for 2 x 30 minute massages; or (b) $170 for 2 x 60 minute massages. (+ tax). (Each must be used by June 1). Details:https://bodybalancenyc.com/
If you shop for running gear at http://www.runningwarehouse.
DWRT’s 2017 Wellness Partners and Sponsors
For health and wellness needs, please consider our Wellness Partners. Thank you, Wellness Partners!
- Sports acupuncture: RunnerClinicNYC www.runnerclinic.com
- Physical therapy: Finish Line Physical Therapy www.finishlinept.com
- Physical Therapy: Sloane Stecker Physical Therapy http://sloanestecker.com/
- Sports podiatry: Lori Weisenfeld, DPM www.loriweisenfelddpm.com
- Sports massage: Body Balance Integrated Massage Therapy www.bodybalancenyc.com
Thank you also to our friends at DermalMedix, Amity Hall, and Running Warehouse!
Follow us on:
Facebook Page: http://facebook.com/
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/