Welcome to this week’s edition of our weekly news and events roundup of all things Whippet-related.
- We have new Nike team singlets! RSVP here for all the info and to buy one (for $30): https://www.meetup.com/
- We are doing a joint track meet with NBR and finally have a permit. More information coming soon, but save the date for June 2!
- If you are doing the Brooklyn Half, we are doing a strategy session on May 9. Check out info here: https://www.meetup.com/
- Some people at next week’s Brooklyn Saturday long run will do the Brooklyn Half course (or at least ten miles of it). If you’d like a preview run, RSVP here: https://www.meetup.com/
Results (this past weekend’s results next week)
Results – thanks a ton to Martina, who is writing up the results! If you have any results and would like to be featured on our Weekly Wag, make sure to fill out the results form below.
Make sure to help us fill out our results database by entering your non-NYRR results here: http://www.dashingwhippets.
- At the 2018 UAE Healthy Kidney 10K, a club-point race, our men placed 4th. Keaton Naff placed 9th in his AG, finishing in 32:49. He was followed by Cory Helder (33:27); Karlo Mendoza (34:15-10th AG); Robert Meyer (34:19) and Spencer Zidarich (34:21).
- The women took 5th place thanks to Jessy Scarpone, who placed 6th in her AG finishing in 37:16; Molly Wawrzyniak (38:32-10thAG); Samantha Creath (38:39); Grace Bowen (38:50) and Rose Willey (39:49).
- Also, Richard Nacin (39:17); Stephan Brohme (39:53) and Frank Drury (40:52) placed 8th, 6th and 5th in their AG. Barbara Mann (41:10); Megan Keane (42:48) and Patricia Choux (44:16) placed 4th, 10th and 8th in their AG. Carol Stickler (43:58) and Paula Scaminaci (48:15) both placed 6th in their AG.
- We had some amazing performances at the Novo Nordisk New Jersey Marathon 2018! Stephen Gnoza placed 7th in his AG, running a five-minute PR of 2:55:59 and qualifying for Boston 2019 by nine minutes! Laura McDonald qualified for Boston as well, finishing in 3:27:29. Sarah Buccleugh ran an eighteen-minute PR of 3:54:45. Chris Mills and Abhinav Mathur finished in 3:09:57 and 3:16:30. Yoonseok Lee represented us in the half marathon, finishing in 1:30:43.
- Olivier Wijtenburg and Mark Hess placed 7th and 9th OA at the Red Hook Crit 5K (which was measured almost 0.2 miles long), finishing in 16:04 and 16:34. Ned Cunningham (17:03); Zack Custer (17:17) and Fred Hines (17:29) placed 17th, 19th and 22nd. Meghan Bongartz represented us on the women side, placing 12th in 20:00.
2018 Points Races
- Brooklyn Half (5/19/2018) (full): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Queens 10K (6/16/2018) (full): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Team Champs (7/28/2018): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Percy Sutton 5K (8/25/2018): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- NYRR 5th Avenue Mile (9/9/2018)
- Bronx 10M (9/30/2018): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Staten Island Half (10/14/2018): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- TCS NYC Marathon (11/4/2018) (register by 2/15!): https://www.tcsnycmarathon.
org/plan-your-race/run-in- 2018?_ga=2.260980173. 1756861461.1516468491- 1713173526.1506293621
- Ted Corbitt 15K (12/8/2018)
All of our apparel is now at one spot at our sponsor, Finish Line Physical Therapy at 119 West 23rd Street, 3rd Floor.
To order gear:
- New Nike Singlets: https://www.meetup.com/
- New Balance Singlets: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- New tech T-shirts: https://www.meetup.com/
- Retro short sleeved t-shirt: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Long Sleeved Shirts: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Sugoi track jackets: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Wool hats: https://www.meetup.com/
- Gloves: https://www.meetup.com/
- Running caps: https://www.meetup.com/
- New Jackets: https://www.meetup.com/
- Brooklyn Half Plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
Race for Edie 5k
The Dashing Whippets are pleased to be a Sponsor of the Race for Edie 5K, to be held May 20, 2018 in Prospect Park. A gifted runner and cyclist, Edie Perkins ran for the Dashing Whippets before moving to California in 2016. In April 2017, while cycling near L.A, Edie was struck by an SUV turning into her path. She sustained extensive injuries, and is paralyzed from the chest down. Edie’s friends have organized this 5K to assist with the costs of her care. To register:https://runsignup.com/Race/NY/
Injury Questions for Finish Line Physical Therapy
Have an ache or pain? Ask a physical therapy professional about it here to receive advice ASAP! http://bit.ly/DWRTinjuryq
Spring 2-Massage Special / Body Balance Sports Massage
Our sports massage Wellness Partner, Body Balance Sports Massage, has a new 2-massage promotion for DWRT for the spring. Why not have one prior to your spring A-race, and one after? Also, makes a perfect gift for a spring marathoner!
The deal: (a) $90 for 2 x 30 minute massages; or (b) $170 for 2 x 60 minute massages. (+ tax). (Each must be used by June 1). Details:https://bodybalancenyc.com/
If you are a new member of the Dashing Whippets, please join us on Mondays for the New Member and Easy Run, out of Amity Hall. Our website has a new page with FAQs for new members: http://www.dashingwhippets.
Ragnar Relay Discount Code
If you like Ragnars, then you’ll love $100 off of these two races: Ragnar Pennsylvania June 15-16, 2018 or Trail Ragnar Wawayanda Lake October 5-6, 2018. For the exclusive Dashing Whippets $100 off code, click the Ragnar link on our website, or go to our Deals Page on Meetup. Register at www.ragnarrelay.com
(See info on code here: https://www.meetup.com/
If you shop for running gear at http://www.runningwarehouse.
BOA Shorts Discount Code
If you want some cool running apparel, check out the 20% off code at this great shorts/running clothes maker: https://www.meetup.com/
Rabbit Apparel Discount Code
We have a new team discount code for Rabbit Apparel, which has some really nice looking shirts, singlets, and other running apparel. Here’s the site:https://www.runinrabbit.
DWRT’s 2017 Wellness Partners and Sponsors
For health and wellness needs, please consider our Wellness Partners. Thank you, Wellness Partners!
- Sports acupuncture: RunnerClinicNYC www.runnerclinic.com
- Physical therapy: Finish Line Physical Therapy www.finishlinept.com
- Physical Therapy: Sloane Stecker Physical Therapy http://sloanestecker.com/
- Sports podiatry: Lori Weisenfeld, DPM www.loriweisenfelddpm.com
- Sports massage: Body Balance Integrated Massage Therapy www.bodybalancenyc.com
Thank you also to our friends at DermalMedix, Amity Hall, and Running Warehouse!
Follow us on:
Facebook Page: http://facebook.com/
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/