Welcome to this week’s edition of our weekly news and events roundup of all things Whippet-related.
- 2018 points races have been decided! Drum roll…. They are the same as 2017! First one is the Washington Heights 5k, which is now open:http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
events/2018/nyrr-washington- heights-salsa-blues-and- shamrocks-5k
- The second points race, the Healthy Kidney 10k in April is also open: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- We are organizing a run to see the lights in Dyker Heights. Info here: https://www.meetup.com/
- If you’re racing Ted Corbitt, RSVP here: https://www.meetup.com/
- If you’re not doing Ted Corbitt and want to cheer, RSVP here: https://www.meetup.com/
- The post Ted Corbitt party info is here: https://www.meetup.com/
- NYRR is doing a sprint night on December 30. Check out some info: https://www.meetup.com/
- Did you get into the NYC Half? If so, RSVP here: https://www.meetup.com/
- Would you like to volunteer at the NYC Half? If so, you can register on http://mynyrr.nyrr.org. Our location will be the fluid Station 4 on the new UA NYC Half course. It is on the FDR just north of 14th Street. Also, RSVP here (but make sure to register as well!): https://www.meetup.com/
Results – thanks a ton to Martina, who is writing up the results! If you have any results and would like to be featured on our Weekly Wag, make sure to fill out the results form below.
Make sure to help us fill out our results database by entering your non-NYRR results here: http://www.dashingwhippets.
- Our women placed 2nd at the 2017 NYRR Jingle Bell Jog (5K). Rachel Wheeler (20:43), placed 4th in her AG. She was followed by Gita Subramony (21:21-8th AG); Amy May (21:24-4th AG); Nicole Gorton (21:50-3rd AG) and Martina Di Marco (22:14). Brianna Mcloughlin (22:54) and Mary Haskins (26:08) placed 8th and 6th in their AG. Matthew Feick (18:55) and Jerry Sticker (19:21) placed 3rd and 8th in their AG.
- Anoush Shehadeh placed 1st OA for the women at the Pelham half marathon, finishing in 1:23:38.
2018 Points Races
1. Washington Heights 5K (3/4/2018)
2. UAE Healthy Kidney 10K (4/29/2018)
3. Brooklyn Half (5/19/2018)
4. Queens 10K (6/16/2018)
5. Team Champs (7/28/2018)
6. Percy Sutton 5K (8/25/2018)
7. NYRR 5th Avenue Mile (9/9/2018)
8. Bronx 10M (9/30/2018)
9. Staten Island Half (10/14/2018)
10. TCS NYC Marathon (11/4/2018)
11. Ted Corbitt 15K (12/8/2018)
Team tech shirts are here, only $20, and available at Finish Line PT. Singlets and long sleeved shirts are $20. Jackets are $80 (note: these are available at Custom Performance). To order gear:
- Singlets: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- New tech T-shirts: https://www.meetup.com/
- Retro short sleeved t-shirt: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Long Sleeved Shirts: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Sugoi track jackets: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Wool hats: https://www.meetup.com/
- Gloves: https://www.meetup.com/
- Running caps: https://www.meetup.com/
- Fall short distance plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
Injury Questions for Finish Line Physical Therapy
- Have an ache or pain? Ask a physical therapy professional about it here to receive advice ASAP! http://bit.ly/DWRTinjuryq
#RUNLIGHTER WITH NOVA- The Illuminating Running Jacket
- Stay safe and visible on your runs with NOVA- the running jacket that lights up on demand. Designed to keep you comfortable and safe, the NOVA jacket features lightweight, breathable and water resistant fabric, and comes with thumbholes, 3 pockets and a hideaway hoodie. Our flexible light guides illuminate the front and back of the jacket and lie seamlessly along the fabric. The entire jacket is machine washable and comes with a tiny re-chargable battery clip which can last up to 8 hours.
- Find out more at https://wearnova.co/. Super Early Bird pricing available for a limited time only.
Body Balance NYC, the DWRT Sports Massage Wellness Partner / Fall Promotions!
- Body Balance NYC, our team Sports LMT Wellness Partner, has several exciting post-marathon promotions: FIrst, you can sign up for 2 x 1-Hour Sessions for $180. Or, take advantage of 2 x 30 minute sessions for $100. For a single session, use code DASH15 for $15 off any session online.
- Body Balance NYC packages also make a perfect gift for your favorite runner. Body Balance is at 124 E 40th St #1001. Email at Info@BodyBalanceNYC.com or, sign up here: https://bodybalancenyc.com/
Rabbit Apparel Discount Code
- We have a new team discount code for Rabbit Apparel, which has some really nice looking shirts, singlets, and other running apparel. Here’s the site:https://www.runinrabbit.com/ And the code is here: https://www.meetup.com/
- If you shop for running gear at http://www.runningwarehouse.
com, make sure to use the team discount code for 15% off. If it doesn’t work online, some brands don’t allow it through the site, but you can get the discount if you call in your order. Discount here: https://www.meetup.com/ dashing-whippets/messages/ boards/thread/10793056
BOA Shorts Discount Code
- If you want some cool running apparel, check out the 20% off code at this great shorts/running clothes maker: https://www.meetup.com/
dashing-whippets/boards/ thread/51227248. Check out their site here: https://www.boausa.com/
- If you are a new member of the Dashing Whippets, please join us on Mondays for the New Member and Easy Run, out of Amity Hall. Our website has a new page with FAQs for new members: http://www.dashingwhippets.
DWRT’s 2017 Wellness Partners and Sponsors
For health and wellness needs, please consider our Wellness Partners. Thank you, Wellness Partners!
- Sports acupuncture: RunnerClinicNYC www.runnerclinic.com
- Physical therapy: Custom Performance www.nycustompt.com
- Physical therapy: Finish Line Physical Therapy www.finishlinept.com
- Orthopaedics: Upper East Orthopaedics PC www.ueortho.com
- Sports podiatry: Lori Weisenfeld, DPM www.loriweisenfelddpm.com
- Sports massage: Body Balance Integrated Massage Therapy www.bodybalancenyc.com
- Sports chiropractic, ART, Graston: SDL Sports & Performance Chiropractic www.drstevendlevine.com
- Dentistry: Bauer Dental Arts http://www.bauerdentalarts.
Thank you also to our friends at DermalMedix, HomeAdvisor.com, and Brooklyn Roasting Company!
Follow us on:
Facebook Page: http://facebook.com/
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/