Welcome to this week’s edition of our weekly news and events roundup of all things Whippet-related.
- If you’re interested in volunteering with Achilles with other team members, here’s information: https://www.meetup.com/
- If you’re racing Ted Corbitt, RSVP here: https://www.meetup.com/
- If you’re not doing Ted Corbitt and want to cheer, RSVP here: https://www.meetup.com/
- The first indoor track meet of the year at the Armory is coming up. Info here: https://www.meetup.com/
- NYRR is doing a sprint night on December 30. Check out some info: https://www.meetup.com/
- If you ran a turkey trot or any other non-NYRR race, make sure to fill out this form to get your result in the team database here:http://www.dashingwhippets.
Results – thanks a ton to Martina, who is writing up the results! If you have any results and would like to be featured on our Weekly Wag, make sure to fill out the results form below.
Make sure to help us fill out our results database by entering your non-NYRR results here: http://www.dashingwhippets.
The Dashing Whippets dropped hammers all over the country this past Thanksgiving!
- At the Troy Turkey Trot 5K Francesca DeLucia (18:40) won her AG and Katie Oleary finished in 24:32.
- We had another AG win from Juliana Ross, who finished the Carlisle YMCA Turkey Trot 5K in 20:22.
- Kathleen Servidea (31:31) won her AG at the Pequot Runners Turkey Trot 5M.
- Several Whippets represented us at the Prospect Park Track Club Turkey Trot 5 Miler. Drew McDonald (32:21) placed 7th in his AG. Daniil Blinov finished in 32:48. Jacquii Alexander ran a PR of 41:27.
- Jessy Scarpone (17:59) was the first woman OA at the Winnetka Turkey Trot 5k.
- Matthew Feick (19:26) won his AG at the Millersville Turkey Trot 5K.
- Vincent Young placed 3rd OA at the Sri Chinmoy Thanksgiving Day 5K, finishing in 18:29.
- Bridget Kolson was the first woman OA the Delco Turkey Trot 5K, finishing in 18:51.
- Christopher Burris finished the North face ECSCA 50M in 12:47:33.
- Stephen Kress raced in the Run and Row Biathlon. He rowed 5K and then ran 2 miles on the track, finishing first OA and also placed 2nd in his AG at the Portland Thanksgiving Day 4-Miler, finishing in 22:01.
- Alex Demosthenes finished the BoroDash 4M in 28:13.
- Jennie Cohen finished the Manchester Road Race 7.6K in 29:08.
- Keith Slyman finished the Navesink Challenge 15K in 1:09:26.
- At the Pete Keyes Turkey Trot 5M, Dave McGrath (32:31) finished first OA in the costume division and 2nd in his AG in the regular division.
- Stephen Gnoza (28:54) and Stephanie Gnoza (41:03) represented us at the Ashenfelter 8K.
2017 Points Races
Ted Corbitt (December 9 – full): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
Team tech shirts are here, only $20, and available at Finish Line PT. Singlets and long sleeved shirts are $20. Jackets are $80 (note: these are available at Custom Performance). To order gear:
- Singlets: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- New tech T-shirts: https://www.meetup.com/
- Retro short sleeved t-shirt: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Long Sleeved Shirts: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Sugoi track jackets: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Wool hats: https://www.meetup.com/
- Gloves: https://www.meetup.com/
- Running caps: https://www.meetup.com/
- Fall short distance plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
Brooklyn Roasting Company Deal
- Our sponsor, Brooklyn Roasting Company, has a deal of ten tins for $100. You can purchase at any of their locations.
Injury Questions for Finish Line Physical Therapy
- Have an ache or pain? Ask a physical therapy professional about it here to receive advice ASAP! http://bit.ly/DWRTinjuryq
Body Balance NYC, the DWRT Sports Massage Wellness Partner / Fall Promotions!
- Body Balance NYC, our team Sports LMT Wellness Partner, has several exciting post-marathon promotions: FIrst, you can sign up for 2 x 1-Hour Sessions for $180. Or, take advantage of 2 x 30 minute sessions for $100. For a single session, use code DASH15 for $15 off any session online.
- Body Balance NYC packages also make a perfect gift for your favorite runner. Body Balance is at 124 E 40th St #1001. Email at Info@BodyBalanceNYC.com or, sign up here: https://bodybalancenyc.com/
Rabbit Apparel Discount Code
- We have a new team discount code for Rabbit Apparel, which has some really nice looking shirts, singlets, and other running apparel. Here’s the site:https://www.runinrabbit.com/ And the code is here: https://www.meetup.com/
- If you shop for running gear at http://www.runningwarehouse.
com, make sure to use the team discount code for 15% off. If it doesn’t work online, some brands don’t allow it through the site, but you can get the discount if you call in your order. Discount here: https://www.meetup.com/ dashing-whippets/messages/ boards/thread/10793056
BOA Shorts Discount Code
- If you want some cool running apparel, check out the 20% off code at this great shorts/running clothes maker: https://www.meetup.com/
dashing-whippets/boards/ thread/51227248. Check out their site here: https://www.boausa.com/
- If you are a new member of the Dashing Whippets, please join us on Mondays for the New Member and Easy Run, out of Amity Hall. Our website has a new page with FAQs for new members: http://www.dashingwhippets.
DWRT Charitable Matching Program
- If you are running a race for charity in 2017, you are eligible for a matching grant from the Dashing Whippets, of up to $50 per person. Thank you to all of our members for making this possible. See “Charity Partners” for details. http://www.dashingwhippets.
DWRT’s 2017 Wellness Partners and Sponsors
For health and wellness needs, please consider our Wellness Partners. Thank you, Wellness Partners!
Physical therapy, acupuncture: RunnerClinicNYC www.runnerclinic.com
Physical therapy: Custom Performance www.nycustompt.com
Physical therapy: Finish Line Physical Therapy www.finishlinept.com
Orthopaedics: Upper East Orthopaedics PC www.ueortho.com
Sports podiatry: Lori Weisenfeld, DPM www.loriweisenfelddpm.com
Sports massage: Body Balance Integrated Massage Therapy www.bodybalancenyc.com
Sports chiropractic, ART, Graston: SDL Sports & Performance Chiropractic www.drstevendlevine.com
Dentistry: Bauer Dental Arts www.bauerdentalarts.net
Thank you also to our friends at DermalMedix, HomeAdvisor.com, and Brooklyn Roasting Company!
Follow us on:
Facebook Page: http://facebook.com/
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/