Welcome to this week’s edition of our weekly news and events roundup of all things Whippet-related.
- Our annual Golden Hammer Party is on January 27! Purchase your ticket here. Early birds get a deal ($45 each for the first 60 people!):https://www.meetup.com/
- 2018 points races have been decided! They are the same as 2017! The entire list is here: http://www.dashingwhippets.
- The first one is the Washington Heights 5k, which is now open:http://www.nyrr.org/
races-and-events/2018/nyrr- washington-heights-salsa- blues-and-shamrocks-5k
- The second points race, the Healthy Kidney 10k in April is also open: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- We are organizing a run to see the lights in Dyker Heights. Info here: https://www.meetup.com/
- The Joe Kleinerman 10k is nearing capacity. Register here: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
events/2018/nyrr-joe- kleinerman-10k and RSVP here:https://www.meetup.com/ dashing-whippets/events/ 245790810/
- NYRR is doing a sprint night on December 30. Check out some info: https://www.meetup.com/
- The next NYRR Night at the races is on January 11. I’ll be doing the 3000! RSVP here: https://www.meetup.com/
- If you’re doing the Manhattan Half, RSVP here: https://www.meetup.com/
- Did you get into the NYC Half? If so, RSVP here: https://www.meetup.com/
- Would you like to volunteer at the NYC Half? If so, you can register on http://mynyrr.nyrr.org. Our location will be the fluid Station 4 on the new UA NYC Half course. It is on the FDR just north of 14th Street. Also, RSVP here (but make sure to register as well!): https://www.meetup.com/
Results – thanks a ton to Martina, who is writing up the results! If you have any results and would like to be featured on our Weekly Wag, make sure to fill out the results form below.
Make sure to help us fill out our results database by entering your non-NYRR results here: http://www.dashingwhippets.
- The 2017 NYRR Ted Corbitt 15K was the last club point-race of 2017! Both our men and our women placed 4th. Hugh Parker (50:05) and Karlo Mendoza (51:52) placed 5th and 6th in their AG. Hugh Parker improved his old team record by one minute and 24 seconds! They were followed by Olivier Wijtenburg (53:05); Philip Young (54:06) and David Goldfarb (54:44). Justin Shane (55:46); Thomas Flanagan (55:47) and Jonathan Kline (56:42) placed 6th, 7th and 1st in their AG.
- Kathleen Servidea (1:00:01) and Molly Wawrzyniak (1:00:38) placed 3rd and 4th in their AG. They were followed by Barbara Mann (1:02:26); Veronica Boswell (1:02:28-8th AG) and Rachael Keller (1:03:52-8th AG). Eris Saari (1:13:20) placed 6th in her AG.
- Chandler Self WON the BMW Dallas Marathon 2017, finishing in 2:53:57!
- Anish Sharma represented us in the half marathon, finishing with a 6 minute PR of 1:33:27.
- John Castonguay placed 8th in his AG at the Kiawah Island Marathon, finishing in 3:11:09.
- We had some strong performances at the USATF Club XC Championships in Lexington, Kentucky. Keaton Naff set a new XC 10k team record of 33:59. He was followed by: James Stucker (34:54); William Washer (35:43); Garrett Burger (36:13); Alex Noble (37:30); Chris Forti (39:06) and Zachary Shtogren (39:44) raced the 10K distance. Jessy Scarpone (21:52) finished in the top 100 for the 6K, setting a new XC 6k team record for the women! She was followed by Jessica Chichester (22:24); Elizabeth Laseter (22:28); Brigette Kolson (22:38); Rebecca Verrone (23:25); Laura Gann (23:31); Lauren Dorsky (24:34) and Juliana Ross (24:48).
- The NYRR Night at the Races 1 took place last Thursday. The following women represented us in the 800m: Carly Graham (2:30-3rd OA); Meghan Bongartz (2:38-6th OA); Kristen Elkins (2:53). For the men, we had Yoonseok Lee (2:23); Young Cho (2:26); Scott Batten (2:33) and Adam Beilman (2:45). Carly Graham (5:18); Emmi Aguillard (5:27) and Meghan Bongartz (5:37) placed 4th; 7th and 8th in the mile. Kristen Elkins finished in 5:59. Olivier Wijtenburg (4:21) placed 2nd OA in the mile. He was followed by Young Cho (5:22); Yoonseok Lee (5:30); Scott Batten (5:35) and Adam Beilman (5:48).
2018 Points Races
1. Washington Heights 5K (3/4/2018)
2. UAE Healthy Kidney 10K (4/29/2018)
3. Brooklyn Half (5/19/2018)
4. Queens 10K (6/16/2018)
5. Team Champs (7/28/2018)
6. Percy Sutton 5K (8/25/2018)
7. NYRR 5th Avenue Mile (9/9/2018)
8. Bronx 10M (9/30/2018)
9. Staten Island Half (10/14/2018)
10. TCS NYC Marathon (11/4/2018)
11. Ted Corbitt 15K (12/8/2018)
Team tech shirts are here, only $20, and available at Finish Line PT. Singlets and long sleeved shirts are $20. Jackets are $80 (note: these are available at Custom Performance). To order gear:
- Singlets: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- New tech T-shirts: https://www.meetup.com/
- Retro short sleeved t-shirt: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Long Sleeved Shirts: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Sugoi track jackets: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Wool hats: https://www.meetup.com/
- Gloves: https://www.meetup.com/
- Running caps: https://www.meetup.com/
- Jackets coming soon!
- Fall short distance plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
- Spring marathon and NYC Half plans coming soon!
Injury Questions for Finish Line Physical Therapy
Have an ache or pain? Ask a physical therapy professional about it here to receive advice ASAP! http://bit.ly/DWRTinjuryq
- If you shop for running gear at http://www.runningwarehouse.
com, make sure to use the team discount code for 15% off. If it doesn’t work online, some brands don’t allow it through the site, but you can get the discount if you call in your order. Discount here: https://www.meetup.com/ dashing-whippets/messages/ boards/thread/10793056
BOA Shorts Discount Code
- If you want some cool running apparel, check out the 20% off code at this great shorts/running clothes maker: https://www.meetup.com/
dashing-whippets/boards/ thread/51227248. Check out their site here: https://www.boausa.com/
Rabbit Apparel Discount Code
- We have a team discount code for Rabbit Apparel, which has some really nice looking shirts, singlets, and other running apparel. Here’s the site:https://www.runinrabbit.
com/ And the code is here: https://www.meetup.com/ dashing-whippets/boards/ thread/51263666
- If you are a new member of the Dashing Whippets, please join us on Mondays for the New Member and Easy Run, out of Amity Hall. Our website has a new page with FAQs for new members: http://www.dashingwhippets.
DWRT’s 2017 Wellness Partners and Sponsors
For health and wellness needs, please consider our Wellness Partners. Thank you, Wellness Partners!
- Sports acupuncture: RunnerClinicNYC www.runnerclinic.com
- Physical therapy: Custom Performance www.nycustompt.com
- Physical therapy: Finish Line Physical Therapy www.finishlinept.com
- Orthopaedics: Upper East Orthopaedics PC www.ueortho.com
- Sports podiatry: Lori Weisenfeld, DPM www.loriweisenfelddpm.com
- Sports massage: Body Balance Integrated Massage Therapy www.bodybalancenyc.com
- Sports chiropractic, ART, Graston: SDL Sports & Performance Chiropractic www.drstevendlevine.com
- Dentistry: Bauer Dental Arts http://www.bauerdentalarts.
Thank you also to our friends at DermalMedix, HomeAdvisor.com, and Brooklyn Roasting Company!
Body Balance NYC, the DWRT Sports Massage Wellness Partner / Fall Promotions!
- Body Balance NYC, our team Sports LMT Wellness Partner, has several exciting post-marathon promotions: FIrst, you can sign up for 2 x 1-Hour Sessions for $180. Or, take advantage of 2 x 30 minute sessions for $100. For a single session, use code DASH15 for $15 off any session online.
Body Balance NYC packages also make a perfect gift for your favorite runner. Body Balance is at 124 E 40th St #1001. Email at Info@BodyBalanceNYC.com or, sign up here: https://bodybalancenyc.com/
#RUNLIGHTER WITH NOVA- The Illuminating Running Jacket
- Stay safe and visible on your runs with NOVA- the running jacket that lights up on demand. Designed to keep you comfortable and safe, the NOVA jacket features lightweight, breathable and water resistant fabric, and comes with thumbholes, 3 pockets and a hideaway hoodie. Our flexible light guides illuminate the front and back of the jacket and lie seamlessly along the fabric. The entire jacket is machine washable and comes with a tiny re-chargable battery clip which can last up to 8 hours.
- Find out more at https://wearnova.co/. Super Early Bird pricing available for a limited time only.
Follow us on:
Facebook Page: http://facebook.com/
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/