By Jeremy Arthur
May is almost here! And with that, warmer temps, more sun, and new updates for our virtual activities. These events offer another way to engage with each other and boost all of our spirits. We would love to see you participate in any of the following:
- “Sunday Coffee with Coaches!” Come participate in a live Q&A between DWRT Coaches and guest hosts. In our first meeting, Coach Emmi will chat with Patricia Tirona on: Injury prevention and motivation: how to stay positive and healthy without races! We’ll take questions from participants in real-time, so come prepared. When: Sunday (5/3) at 1pm. Zoom details to follow.
- The Committee will be sharing a [brief] survey on how virtual activities are going. Tell us what you’re enjoying and we’ll make sure to double down (and also how we can improve). Details to come mid-week.
- After the success of our first virtual team study session, our next one is this weekend: Saturday May 2 at 3pm, led by Riri Nagao, Daniela Alvarado, Joe Siefers and Avi Das: https://www.meetup.com/dashing-whippets/events/270129604/
- Our weekly #RunSolo photo contest had its first winner! The photo was submitted by Hal Lange – check it out here! For details on how to participate, check out: http://www.dashingwhippets.org/2020/04/12/runsolo-photo-contest/
- Michael Alcamo and Joseph Masibay have arranged a Zwift workout on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday mornings at 7:10 am. Get more details from this Facebook post: https://www.facebook.com/groups/dashingwhippets/permalink/10158288873288197/
- Our Olympic Torch Relay continues apace, carried by Whippets across the country. We’ll have a check-in on total miles soon! To get involved, check this post on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/p/B-zRH44n0P7/
- Elizabeth Laseter and Laura Gann are taking requests to prepare healthful recipes based on supplies in your #quarantinekitchen. See this Facebook post for all the info: https://m.facebook.com/groups/81808533196?view=permalink&id=10158240175343197
- All team members are invited to compete in a virtual race. See this blog post for more details: http://www.dashingwhippets.org/2020/04/06/dwrt-virtual-races/
- Virtual Amity Zoom hangouts continue on Mondays at 7 pm, led by Andrea La Bella, Jess Chen and Hal Lange. Details: https://www.meetup.com/dashing-whippets/events/270277221/
- Weekly live yoga sessions with Leah Robbins continue on Wednesdays at 6:10pm (*new time*): https://www.meetup.com/dashing-whippets/events/270277238/
- Weekly live functional strength sessions with Coach Emmi will be continuing on Fridays at 6:30 pm: https://www.meetup.com/dashing-whippets/events/270277246/
- Any aches or pains and unable to get in to your physical therapist or orthopedist? Coach Emmi is also offering virtual physical therapy sessions through Finish Line Physical Therapy. You can contact Emmi directly email@example.com for more information.
- Periodic recordings of coaches’ and teammates’ favorite runs will be posted to the team’s IG @ #dashingwhippets. Please also continue to tag us in your #RunSolo posts and stories.
The health of our members is of utmost importance, so we encourage you all to embrace the #runsolo initiative and stay safe! As a reminder, NY residents are now required to have protective face-wear if they cannot reliably social distance.