By Jeremy Arthur
Our team’s virtual activities offer a way to engage with each other and boost all of our spirits. We would love to see you participate in any of the following:
- Our first virtual team study session and networking event was a success this weekend. Our next session is in two weeks, on Saturday May 2 at 3 pm, led by Riri Nagao, Daniela Alvarado, Joe Siefers and Avi Das: https://www.meetup.com/dashing-whippets/events/270129604/
- Our weekly #RunSolo photo contest is off to a great start. For details on how to participate see here: http://www.dashingwhippets.org/2020/04/12/runsolo-photo-contest/
- Michael Alcamo and Joseph Masibay have arranged a Zwift workout on Monday, Wednesday and Friday mornings at 7:10 am. Get more details from this Facebook post: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10159889393599012
- Our Olympic Torch relay is carrying the torch (virtually) from Olympia to Athens. To get involved, check this post on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/p/B-zRH44n0P7/
- Elizabeth Laseter and Laura Gann are taking requests to prepare healthful recipes based on supplies in your #quarantinekitchen. See this Facebook post for all the info: https://m.facebook.com/groups/81808533196?view=permalink&id=10158240175343197
- All team members are invited to compete in a virtual race. See this blog post for more details: http://www.dashingwhippets.org/2020/04/06/dwrt-virtual-races/
- Virtual Amity Zoom hangouts continue on Mondays at 7 pm, led by Andrea La Bella, Jess Chen and Hal Lange. Details: https://www.meetup.com/dashing-whippets/events/270046076/
- Weekly live yoga sessions with Leah Robbins continue on Wednesdays at 7pm: https://www.meetup.com/dashing-whippets/events/270127627/
- Weekly live functional strength sessions with Coach Emmi will be continuing on Fridays at 6:30 pm: https://www.meetup.com/dashing-whippets/events/270127642/
- Any aches or pains and unable to get in to your physical therapist or orthopedist? Coach Emmi is also offering virtual physical therapy sessions through Finish Line Physical Therapy. You can contact Emmi directly email@example.com for more information.
- Periodic recordings of coaches’ and teammates’ favorite runs will be posted to the team’s IG @dashingwhippets. Please also continue to tag us in your #RunSolo posts and stories.
We’d love to hear from you with activity suggestions. Please connect with us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
The health of our members is of utmost importance, so we encourage you all to embrace the #runsolo initiative and stay safe! As a reminder, NY residents are now required to have protective face-wear if they cannot reliably social distance.