By Matthew Wong
Our team’s virtual activities offer another way to engage with each other and boost all of our spirits. We would love to see you participate in any of the following:
- “Tuesday Q&A with Coaches!” Come participate in a live Q&A between DWRT Coaches and guest hosts. In our first meeting, Coach Emmi will chat with Patricia Tirona on: “Injury prevention and motivation: how to stay positive and healthy without races!” We’ll take live questions from participants, so come prepared. When: Tuesday (5/5) @ 8pm on IG Live. RSVP on Meetup here: https://www.meetup.com/dashing-whippets/events/270432540/ and submit questions in advance here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1nxMAJd3CWE_L7pn_rA8SZ983aKuUwGLTNkMqe-NHRqI/
- The Committee will be sharing a [brief] survey on how virtual activities are going. Tell us what you’re enjoying and we’ll make sure to double down (and also how we can improve). Survey here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1CTvbc7hU1U5i_pHtXe9T5Y5I5rsgh4foDb-gUaqxRlY/edit
- We have a new #runsolo contest. Check out the info here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1vd3D6oblPwMZ0fx5tjMQzUAfNH99Ug3q4tqxhmzAIzw/
- Michael Alcamo and Joseph Masibay have arranged a Zwift workout on Monday, Wednesday and Friday mornings at 7:10 am. Get more details from this Facebook post: https://www.facebook.com/groups/dashingwhippets/permalink/10158288873288197/
- Our Olympic Torch relay continues apace, carried by Whippets across the country. We’ll have a check-in on total miles soon! To get involved, check this post on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/p/B-zRH44n0P7/
- Virtual Amity Zoom hangouts continue on Mondays at 7 pm, led by Andrea La Bella, Jess Chen and Hal Lange. Details: https://www.meetup.com/dashing-whippets/events/270432511/
- Weekly live yoga sessions with Leah Robbins continue on Wednesdays at 6:10pm (*new time*): https://www.meetup.com/dashing-whippets/events/270432516/
- Weekly live functional strength sessions with Coach Emmi will be continuing on Fridays at 6:30 pm: https://www.meetup.com/dashing-whippets/events/270432519/
- Any aches or pains and unable to get in to your physical therapist or orthopedist? Coach Emmi is also offering virtual physical therapy sessions through Finish Line Physical Therapy. You can contact Emmi directly firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Periodic recordings of coaches’ and teammates’ favorite runs will be posted to the team’s IG @ #dashingwhippets. Please also continue to tag us in your #RunSolo posts and stories.
The health of our members is of utmost importance, so we encourage you all to embrace the #runsolo initiative and stay safe! As a reminder, NY residents are now required to have protective face-wear if they cannot reliably social distance. Be especially certain not to run or post pictures of yourself running on social media without a facemask while wearing a team singlet!