By Brigette Kolson
As we adjust to a new normal in both our running and larger NY communities, I hope our team’s virtual activities can provide a fresh way to connect and engage with each other and boost all of our spirits. Please see the below list for some updates from the activity committee:
- Weekly live yoga with DWRT’s Leah Robbins will be continuing on Wednesdays: https://www.meetup.com/dashing-whippets/events/269712174/
- Weekly live strength and core exercises with Coach Emmi. First session this coming Friday: https://www.meetup.com/dashing-whippets/events/269732951/
- Weekly live Happy Hour (hosted by Andrea and Hal, with Coach Scott joining this week): https://www.meetup.com/dashing-whippets/events/269711993/
- Weekly Netflix movie live hangout / chat. Details to follow about this week’s movie
- Weekly live board game night starting soon! Please fill out this survey if you are interested so we can get this up and running: https://forms.gle/wNqhmmvqT9A7L29Y9
- We are creating some listicles on the team blog so we can crowdsource ideas to help people pass the time (i.e. favorite movies, tv shows, books, etc.). Here’s our first attempt at this: https://forms.gle/8xUAtHZXu5wynsR37
- We are going to try some virtual races! Information on this coming soon.
- Check out our post on Facebook & Instagram bio link for submitting #quarantinekitchen ingredient & spice ideas. Our teammate Elizabeth Laseter will be making a recipe based on submissions. Direct link here: https://forms.gle/Q1ZMW821Txzfs7FG6
- Periodic recordings of coaches and teammates favorite runs. Please follow us on IG @dashingwhippets to see these, and tag us in your #runsolo posts
- A daily [self-made] Olympic Torch carried by volunteering members. Coming soon. Make sure to follow @dashingwhippets!
We’d love to hear from you with activity suggestions! Please connect with us at: email@example.com.
The health of our members is of utmost importance, so we encourage you all to embrace the #runsolo initiative and stay safe!