First, and most importantly, the Board and coaches hope this update finds you healthy and safe. As Matt highlighted in last week’s email, your safety and well-being are our priority. He also noted that we’ve put together a committee dedicated to bringing fun, engaging, and helpful activities to you!
I’m delighted to announce that we have a number of activities on deck – some of which have either already started or will be starting this week. Please see below a list of what will be coming your way!
- Weekly live yoga with DWRT’s very own Leah Robbins.
- Weekly live strength and core exercises with Coach Emmi.
- Weekly live Happy Hour (hosted by Jess Chen!) with coaches joining.
- Weekly Netflix movie live hangout / chat (First up: Dawn Wall this Friday @ 8:30pm).
- Weekly live board game night.
- Weekly links to healthy food recipes from Coach Laura and Brigette.
- Periodic recordings of coaches and teammates favorite runs.
- #Runsolo photo competition.
- A daily [self-made] Olympic Torch carrying by volunteering members.
These are merely what’s confirmed: there’s more in the pipeline! Coaches and committee members will be reaching out on the details of these activities through our FB group, Instagram, and Meetup – which will continue to serve as our main docking point for registration and online links. In addition, we are working on a “calendar” that will help keep these activities easily accessible and organized.
We understand that members may have additional ideas and encourage you to connect with us: firstname.lastname@example.org.
In times like these, having a strong sense of community is vital for our emotional health. We hope the Whippets can continue to be here for you and we’re excited to get these activities going.