I’m writing to you on behalf of the team board to give our members an update on team activities and some of the actions the board and coaches are taking during this unprecedented time. One of our goals is to continue to support our members and make sure that the team’s sense of community is maintained during the ongoing uncertainty. Team leadership is available for any questions or ideas by reaching out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
That said, here are some updates:
- The team coaches have continued to develop training plans and will continue to communicate those plans on a weekly basis. The team is committed to continuing to pay all coaching stipends as scheduled.
- The board has created a committee that will include our social media group and coaches to work on fun, virtual ways we can help our members stay fit. If any members would like to help plan, please let us know.
- We are extending the free trial period for new members to 180 days from 90 days and exploring ways to extend dues expiration dates via Meetup. We will announce any changes we are able to make in the coming days. Of course, if anyone has any sort of hardship and needs a refund of their dues, please let me know. The team will refund you, no questions asked.
- We originally suspended team training runs through the end of March and will likely extend that until further notice.
- We have decided to cancel our track meet that was scheduled for May 9th. We have processed refunds for everyone who has registered. The track meet committee is holding out hope that we can hold this event later in the year.
- Finish Line is currently closed, at least until March 30. For that reason, we won’t be able to facilitate any apparel pickup until they reopen. Please let me know if you would like a refund for any apparel you purchased that you have not been able to pick up.
Please let me know if you have any questions or ideas. The team is here to help provide a “virtual” support system so we can get through this together.