Welcome to this week’s edition of our weekly news and events roundup of all things Whippet-related.
Races Nearing Capacity
If an upcoming race is nearing capacity and you want to do it, make sure to register! It’s almost impossible to get in once the race fills up.
- Fred Lebow Cross Country Championships: https://www.nyrr.org/races/
- Ted Corbitt 15k: https://www.nyrr.org/races/
- Laura Gann is hosting a nutrition seminar later this month. Check out the details here: https://www.meetup.com/
- Here is the Meetup for the SI Half: https://www.meetup.com/
- And the Chicago Marathon in a few weeks: https://www.meetup.com/
- If you are running the marathon, RSVP here: https://www.meetup.com/
- Cheer station info is here: https://www.meetup.com/
- If you are doing the Fred Lebow Cross Country Championships, RSVP here: https://www.meetup.com/
- And the Philly Marathon: https://www.meetup.com/
- Ted Corbitt: https://www.meetup.com/
- Cal International Marathon: https://www.meetup.com/
Results – thanks a ton to Martina, who is writing up the results! If you have any non-NYRR results and would like to be featured on our Weekly Wag and have the result in our database, make sure to fill out the results form here: http://www.dashingwhippets.
- It was a great day for the Dashing Whippets at the 2019 New Balance Bronx 10 miler! Jessica Chichester led the women to 2nd place, finishing in 59:23 and placing 9 OA. Grace Bowen (1:00:06) and Ellyn Atkinson (1:01:28) placed 6th and 2nd in their AG. Samantha Creath (1:01:32) and Emmi Aguillard (1:01:37) placed 9th and 7th in their AG.
- Sam Geha placed 7th OA, finishing in 51:42 and helping the men to take 3rd place. Karlo Mendoza (54:08) and Keaton Naff (54:40) placed 5th and 4th in their AG. Charles Kinzig (55:56) and Michael Yuan (57:10) placed 9th and 8th in their AG.
- The Master’s Women Team took 2nd place as well thanks to Julie McElroy (1:06:22-3rd AG); Barbara Mann (1:10:49) and Ann Restak (1:11:06).
- Bobby Liu (1:00:47-10th AG); Jordan Wolff (1:01:48) and Billy Barone (1:03:51-4th AG0 led the Master’s Men Team to 5th place.
- Francesca Muliawan (1:02:55) and Jackie Prevete (1:04:07) placed 7th and 9th in their AG. Alison Lindsay (1:05:04) and Lauren Dorsky (1:05:20) placed 5th and 6th in their AG. Carolyn McShea (1:11:17) and Satomi Sugishita (1:13:20) placed 8th and 3rd in her AG. Sam Renikoff (57:35) placed 9th in his AG.
- Jeremy Arthur broke his own team record at the BMW Berlin Marathon! He finished in 2:24:23, placing top 100 OA and 12th for the Americans. Congratulations for their outstanding performances also to: Brian Reis (2:39:21-PR!), Stephen Bione (2:42:16), Genevieve Coffey (3:00:01,) Jeffrey Tai (3:05:06), and John Emy (3:30:55). We are missing some other results from this race, so please upload them to the results submission link above!
2019 Points Races
NYRR Staten Island Half (full): https://www.nyrr.org/races-
TCS New York City Marathon (full): https://www.tcsnycmarathon.
NYRR Ted Corbitt 15K (nearing capacity): https://www.nyrr.org/races/
All of our apparel is now at one spot at our sponsor, Finish Line Physical Therapy at 119 West 23rd Street, 3rd Floor.
To order gear:
- New Nike Singlets: https://www.meetup.com/
- New Balance Singlets (only women’s sizes left!): http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Short Sleeved Shirts: https://www.meetup.com/
- Long Sleeved Shirts: https://www.meetup.com/
- Gloves: https://www.meetup.com/
- Jackets: https://www.meetup.com/
- Staten Island Half Marathon Plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
- NYCM Plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
content/uploads/2019/06/DWRT_ 2019_NYC_Advanced_ Intermediate.pdf
- Chicago Marathon Plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
content/uploads/2019/06/DWRT_ 2019_Chicago_Advanced_ Intermediate.pdf
- Philadelphia Marathon Plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
content/uploads/2019/06/DWRT_ 2019_Philly_Advanced_ Intermediate.pdf
Injury Questions for Finish Line Physical Therapy
Have an ache or pain? Ask our new strength and mobility coach, Emmi Aguilldard, about it here to receive advice ASAP! http://bit.ly/DWRTinjuryq
If you shop for running gear at http://www.runningwarehouse.
DWRT’s 2019 Wellness Partners and Sponsors
For health and wellness needs, please consider our Wellness Partners. Thank you, Wellness Partners!
- Sports acupuncture: RunnerClinicNYC www.runnerclinic.com
- Physical therapy: Finish Line Physical Therapy www.finishlinept.com
- Physical Therapy: Sloane Stecker Physical Therapy http://sloanestecker.com/
- Sports Podiatry: Lori Weisenfeld, DPM www.loriweisenfelddpm.com
Therapeutic Sports Massage, Sarah Sanborn LMT: https://www.sarahsanborn.com/
- Banking: First Republic Bank https://www.firstrepublic.com
- Real Estate: RoomUnity is a tech-enabled real estate company serving buyers, sellers, renters, working alongside investors. www.roomunity.com
Thank you also to our friends at DermalMedix, Amity Hall, and Running Warehouse!
Follow us on:
- Instagram: http://instagram.com/
- Twitter: http://twitter.com/
- Facebook Page: http://facebook.com/
- Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/
- DWRT Strava Group: https://www.strava.com/clubs/