Welcome to this week’s edition of our weekly news and events roundup of all things Whippet-related.
RSVP here to go to the team summer party on July 27. There are a few spots left!
Races Nearing Capacity
If an upcoming race is nearing capacity and you want to do it, make sure to register! It’s almost impossible to get in once the race fills up.
- Fifth Avenue Mile: https://www.nyrr.org/races/
- Henry Isola XC: https://www.nyrr.org/races/
- Staten Island Half Marathon: https://www.nyrr.org/races/
- Just to reiterate that the Fifth Avenue Mile (and the other above races are nearing capacity! The team isn’t able to get people into races after they fill, so please sign up if you want to do one that’s nearing capacity!
- RSVP here if you are doing Team Championships! https://www.meetup.com/
- I’ll be cheering the women’s race up until around 7:30 near the east 97th street of the park before warming up/cheering. If anyone would like to meet me there to cheer or if any of the guys running the race at 8:15 want to join me to warm up, please do!
- Thanks to Laura Gann, who is going to moderate a nutrition seminar with Claire Shorenstein, MS, RD, CDN on August 14. Information here: https://www.meetup.com/
- David and Chris are organizing a post workout bbq on August 8 at East River Park. Info here:https://www.meetup.com/
- And if you would like to help organize, please RSVP here to volunteer:https://www.meetup.com/
Results – thanks a ton to Martina, who is writing up the results! If you have any non-NYRR results and would like to be featured on our Weekly Wag and have the result in our database, make sure to fill out the results form here: http://www.dashingwhippets.
- The women took first place at the NYRR Retro 4M. Lauren Dorsky (25:18) and Julie McElroy (26:03) placed 7th and 9thOA for the women. Lacey Greenwalt F33 (26:45); Jenny DiMascio-Donohue (27:29) and Mikayla Nemes (28:26) placed 1st, 4th and 7th in their AG.
- The men placed 2nd, with Jordan Wolff taking 8th place OA. Michael Fosco placed 4th in his AG, finishing in 23:11.He was followed by: Tom Morgan (25:32); Manus O’Callaghan (25:51) and Tanuj Pandey (26:44). Carolyn McShea (30:00) and Bob Parson (38:08) placed 10th and 9th in their AG.
- Our women placed 1st again at the 2019 NYRR Brooklyn R-U-N 5K. Theresa Rush and Jessica Chen placed 4th and 5thOA, finishing in 18:52 and 19:20. Lauren Dorsky (20:28); Andrea La Bella (21:15) and Eliza Ragsdale (21:16) placed 5th, 9thand 7th in their AG.
- On the men side, Mark Dani (16:32); Sam Geha (17:08) and Michael Fosco (17:22) led the team to second place, placing 3rd, 7th and 8th OA. They were followed by Matthew Wong (18:04-1st AG) and Martin Dumas (18:41).
- Gregory Palmer (19:26) and Paul Lewis (20:22) placed 5th and 6th in their AG. Mikayla Nemes (21:57) placed 5th in her AG. Jimmy Totte (22:37) and Patricia Tirona (24:03) both placed 3rd in their AG. Bob Parsons (28:52) and Martha Dallis (34:47) placed 4th and 7th in their AG.
- Brian Reis ran a PR of 54:07 and the Boilermaker 15K Road Race, placing 9th in his AG.
- Sally Riggs placed 2nd in her AG at the Pacifica Trail Run 50K, finishing in 9:16:55.
2019 Points Races
- Team Championships (full): https://www.nyrr.org/races-
- New Balance Bronx 10 Mile (full): https://www.nyrr.org/races-
- NYRR Staten Island Half (nearing capacity): https://www.nyrr.org/races-
- TCS New York City Marathon (full): https://www.tcsnycmarathon.
- NYRR Ted Corbitt 15K: https://www.nyrr.org/races/
All of our apparel is now at one spot at our sponsor, Finish Line Physical Therapy at 119 West 23rd Street, 3rd Floor.
To order gear:
- New Nike Singlets: https://www.meetup.com/
- New Balance Singlets (only women’s sizes left!): http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Short Sleeved Shirts: https://www.meetup.com/
- Long Sleeved Shirts: https://www.meetup.com/
- Gloves: https://www.meetup.com/
- Running caps: https://www.meetup.com/
- Jackets: https://www.meetup.com/
- Spring/Summer short distance plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
- NYCM Plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
content/uploads/2019/06/DWRT_ 2019_NYC_Advanced_ Intermediate.pdf
- Berlin Marathon Plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
content/uploads/2019/06/DWRT_ 2019_Berlin_Advanced_ Intermediate.pdf
- Chicago Marathon Plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
content/uploads/2019/06/DWRT_ 2019_Chicago_Advanced_ Intermediate.pdf
- Philadelphia Marathon Plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
content/uploads/2019/06/DWRT_ 2019_Philly_Advanced_ Intermediate.pdf
Injury Questions for Finish Line Physical Therapy
Have an ache or pain? Ask our new strength and mobility coach, Emmi Aguilldard, about it here to receive advice ASAP! http://bit.ly/DWRTinjuryq
If you shop for running gear at http://www.runningwarehouse.
BOA Shorts Discount Code
If you want some cool running apparel, check out the 20% off code at this great shorts/running clothes maker: https://www.meetup.com/
Rabbit Apparel Discount Code
We have a new team discount code for Rabbit Apparel, which has some really nice looking shirts, singlets, and other running apparel. Here’s the site:https://www.runinrabbit.
We now have four chapters of the team! If you have friends in Boston, Westcheester, or NJ, please send them the following links:
- Boston: https://www.meetup.com/
- NJ: https://www.meetup.com/
- Westchester: https://www.meetup.com/
Sarah Sanborn, our massage partner, has a special rate for us:
1 massage: $126 per massage (10% off the usual price of $140)
2 massages: $245
3 massages: $360
5 massages: $550
DWRT’s 2019 Wellness Partners and Sponsors
For health and wellness needs, please consider our Wellness Partners. Thank you, Wellness Partners!
- Sports acupuncture: RunnerClinicNYC www.runnerclinic.com
- Physical therapy: Finish Line Physical Therapy www.finishlinept.com
- Physical Therapy: Sloane Stecker Physical Therapy http://sloanestecker.com/
- Sports Podiatry: Lori Weisenfeld, DPM www.loriweisenfelddpm.com
- Orthopedic Sports Massage, Sarah Sanborn LMT: https://www.sarahsanborn.com/
- Banking: First Republic Bank https://www.firstrepublic.com
Thank you also to our friends at DermalMedix, Amity Hall, and Running Warehouse!
Follow us on: