Welcome to this week’s edition of our weekly news and events roundup of all things Whippet-related.
- RSVP here to go to the team summer party on July 27! https://www.meetup.com/
Races Nearing Capacity
If an upcoming race is nearing capacity and you want to do it, make sure to register! It’s almost impossible to get in once the race fills up.
- Henry Isola XC: https://www.nyrr.org/races/
- Staten Island Half Marathon: https://www.nyrr.org/races/
- Poland Springs 5M: https://www.nyrr.org/races/
- RSVP here if you are doing Team Championships! https://www.meetup.com/
- Leah is doing a yoga class next Wednesday. RSVP here to go: https://www.meetup.com/
- Thanks to Laura Gann, who is going to moderate a nutrition seminar with Claire Shorenstein, MS, RD, CDN on August 14. Information here: https://www.meetup.com/
- If you are doing the Retro 4M, RSVP here: https://www.meetup.com/
- And the Brooklyn RUN 5k: https://www.meetup.com/
- If you’d like to attend the next trail run that Eric is planning, check out details here:https://www.meetup.com/
- Check out all of the team’s training plans here: http://www.dashingwhippets.
Local Competitive Corral for the NYC Marathon
If you’ve run one of the times below, let me know and I will send you the link to be entered in the local competitive corral in the marathon.
Men Marathon Half-Marathon
18–34 2:53 or better 1:21 or better
35–39 2:55 or better 1:23 or better
40–44 2:58 or better 1:25 or better
45–49 3:05 or better 1:28 or better
50–54 3:14 or better 1:32 or better
55–59 3:23 or better 1:36 or better
18–34 3:13 or better 1:32 or better
35–39 3:15 or better 1:34 or better
40–44 3:26 or better 1:37 or better
45–49 3:38 or better 1:42 or better
50–54 3:51 or better 1:49 or better
55–59 4:10 or better* 1:54 or better
60–64 4:27 or better* 2:02 or better
Results – thanks a ton to Martina, who is writing up the results! If you have any non-NYRR results and would like to be featured on our Weekly Wag and have the result in our database, make sure to fill out the results form here: http://www.dashingwhippets.
- We had some strong performances on the 4th of July at the Firecracker 5k and 10k in Governors Island: Nick Grinlinton (17:39) placed 6th OA for the men and Jessica Chen (19:03) placed 3rd OA for the women in the 5K. In the 10K, Laura Gann (37:24) was the 2nd woman OA and Cameron Coneys (32:22) was the 2ndmen OA.
- Dave McGrath placed 3rd overall at the Kona Marathon, finishing in 3:12:37.
- Brian Reis ran a new 10K PR of 35:02 at the Peachtree Road Race. Alexander Arslan finished in 35:33.
2019 Points Races
- Team Championships (full): https://www.nyrr.org/races-
- New Balance Bronx 10 Mile (full): https://www.nyrr.org/races-
- NYRR Staten Island Half (nearing capacity): https://www.nyrr.org/races-
- TCS New York City Marathon (full): https://www.tcsnycmarathon.
- NYRR Ted Corbitt 15K: https://www.nyrr.org/races/
All of our apparel is now at one spot at our sponsor, Finish Line Physical Therapy at 119 West 23rd Street, 3rd Floor.
To order gear:
- New Nike Singlets: https://www.meetup.com/
- New Balance Singlets (only women’s sizes left!): http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Short Sleeved Shirts: https://www.meetup.com/
- Long Sleeved Shirts: https://www.meetup.com/
- Gloves: https://www.meetup.com/
- Running caps: https://www.meetup.com/
- Jackets: https://www.meetup.com/
- Spring/Summer short distance plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
- NYCM Plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
content/uploads/2019/06/DWRT_ 2019_NYC_Advanced_ Intermediate.pdf
- Berlin Marathon Plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
content/uploads/2019/06/DWRT_ 2019_Berlin_Advanced_ Intermediate.pdf
- Chicago Marathon Plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
content/uploads/2019/06/DWRT_ 2019_Chicago_Advanced_ Intermediate.pdf
- Philadelphia Marathon Plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
content/uploads/2019/06/DWRT_ 2019_Philly_Advanced_ Intermediate.pdf
Injury Questions for Finish Line Physical Therapy
Have an ache or pain? Ask our new strength and mobility coach, Emmi Aguilldard, about it here to receive advice ASAP! http://bit.ly/DWRTinjuryq
- If you shop for running gear at http://www.runningwarehouse.
com, make sure to use the team discount code for 10% off. If it doesn’t work online, some brands don’t allow it through the site, but you can get the discount if you call in your order. Discount here: https://www.meetup.com/ dashing-whippets/messages/ boards/thread/51962123
BOA Shorts Discount Code
- If you want some cool running apparel, check out the 20% off code at this great shorts/running clothes maker: https://www.meetup.com/
dashing-whippets/boards/ thread/51227248. Check out their site here: https://www.boausa.com/
Rabbit Apparel Discount Code
- We have a new team discount code for Rabbit Apparel, which has some really nice looking shirts, singlets, and other running apparel. Here’s the site:https://www.runinrabbit.
com/ And the code is here: https://www.meetup.com/ dashing-whippets/boards/ thread/51263666
We now have four chapters of the team! If you have friends in Boston, Westcheester, or NJ, please send them the following links:
- Boston: https://www.meetup.com/
- NJ: https://www.meetup.com/
- Westchester: https://www.meetup.com/
Sarah Sanborn, our massage partner, has a special rate for us:
- 1 massage: $126 per massage (10% off the usual price of $140)
- 2 massages: $245
- 3 massages: $360
- 5 massages: $550
DWRT’s 2019 Wellness Partners and Sponsors
For health and wellness needs, please consider our Wellness Partners. Thank you, Wellness Partners!
- Sports acupuncture: RunnerClinicNYC www.runnerclinic.com
- Physical therapy: Finish Line Physical Therapy www.finishlinept.com
- Physical Therapy: Sloane Stecker Physical Therapy http://sloanestecker.com/
- Sports Podiatry: Lori Weisenfeld, DPM www.loriweisenfelddpm.com
- Orthopedic Sports Massage, Sarah Sanborn LMT: https://www.sarahsanborn.com/
- Banking: First Republic Bank https://www.firstrepublic.com
Thank you also to our friends at DermalMedix, Amity Hall, and Running Warehouse!
Follow us on: