Welcome to this week’s edition of our weekly news and events roundup of all things Whippet-related.
We are going to close our team survey soon. If you would like to, please fill it out here:http://tinyurl.com/y2l9gfnj
- Make sure to register for Team Championships (https://www.nyrr.org/races-
and-events/2019/nyrr-team- championships-5m) and the Bronx 10M (https://www.nyrr.org/races- and-events/2019/new-balance- bronx-10-mile) as these are the next open team points races!
- If you haven’t run a NYRR race under the team name in the last 12 months (a requirement to run team champs!), there are only a few open options left and they are nearing capacity. They are:
- Mini 10k: https://www.nyrr.org/races/
- Pride Run: https://www.nyrr.org/races/
- Brooklyn RUN 5k: https://www.nyrr.org/races/
- 10M Marathon Training Run/Race: https://www.nyrr.org/races/
- The Mini 10k cheer zone information is here: https://www.meetup.com/
- RSVP here and sign up for the VDOT short distance plan! https://www.meetup.com/
- Check out the recently released short distance plan here: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
- The first run of the NJ branch of the Whippets is this Sunday! Check it out here:https://www.meetup.com/
- I’ve cross listed a run that our Westchester branch is holding in Rockefeller State Park on June 8 here: https://www.meetup.com/
- Eric Passmore is holding two trail runs in June. One is in Sandyston, NJ on June 9. Info here:https://www.meetup.com/
- Another is at Minnewaska State Park on June 29: https://www.meetup.com/
Results – thanks a ton to Martina, who is writing up the results! If you have any non-NYRR results and would like to be featured on our Weekly Wag and have the result in our database, make sure to fill out the results form here: http://www.dashingwhippets.
- Over 300 Dashing Whippets ran the 2019 Popular Brooklyn Half! Ingrid Wells (1:19:38) and Khia Kurtenbach (1:19:52) led the Open Women’s Team to 4th place, placing 9thand 4th in their AG. They were followed by Grace Bowen (1:21:39); Samantha Creath (1:21:42) and Kathleen Servidea, who placed 5th in her AG with a time of 1:24:09.
- The Open Men’s Team took 5th placed thanks to Alexander Arslan (1:09:44); Jeremy Arthur (1:10:23-5thAG); Ryan Prout (1:11:30-6th AG); Spencer Zidarich (1:12:38) and Kyle Oppenheimer (1:15:17).
- Chris Dawes (1:17:31) placed 3rd in his AG and led the Men’s Masters Team to 2nd place. He was followed by Jordan Wolff (1:17:50) and Fabien Philippe (1:20:31). On the Women’s Masters Team, Satomi Sugishita (1:40:45) placed 7th in her AG. Alison Lindsay (1:24:11) and Meghan Hom (1:55:58) placed 6th and 8th in their AG. Azwad Sourav (1:18:13) and Ralf Holzer (1:21:33) both placed 2nd in their AG.
2019 Points Races
- NYRR Queens 10K (full): https://www.nyrr.org/races-
- Team Championships: https://www.nyrr.org/races-
- New Balance Bronx 10 Mile: https://www.nyrr.org/races-
- NYRR Staten Island Half: https://www.nyrr.org/races-
- TCS New York City Marathon: https://www.tcsnycmarathon.
- NYRR Ted Corbitt 15K: https://www.nyrr.org/races/
All of our apparel is now at one spot at our sponsor, Finish Line Physical Therapy at 119 West 23rd Street, 3rd Floor.
To order gear:
- New Nike Singlets: https://www.meetup.com/
- New Balance Singlets (only women’s sizes left!): http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Short Sleeved Shirts: https://www.meetup.com/
- Long Sleeved Shirts: https://www.meetup.com/
- Gloves: https://www.meetup.com/
- Running caps: https://www.meetup.com/
- Jackets: https://www.meetup.com/
- Spring/Summer short distance plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
Injury Questions for Finish Line Physical Therapy
Have an ache or pain? Ask our new strength and mobility coach, Emmi Aguilldard, about it here to receive advice ASAP! http://bit.ly/DWRTinjuryq
If you shop for running gear at http://www.runningwarehouse.
BOA Shorts Discount Code
If you want some cool running apparel, check out the 20% off code at this great shorts/running clothes maker: https://www.meetup.com/
Rabbit Apparel Discount Code
We have a new team discount code for Rabbit Apparel, which has some really nice looking shirts, singlets, and other running apparel. Here’s the site:https://www.runinrabbit.
DWRT’s 2019 Wellness Partners and Sponsors
For health and wellness needs, please consider our Wellness Partners. Thank you, Wellness Partners!
- Sports acupuncture: RunnerClinicNYC www.runnerclinic.com
- Physical therapy: Finish Line Physical Therapy www.finishlinept.com
- Physical Therapy: Sloane Stecker Physical Therapy http://sloanestecker.com/
- Sports Podiatry: Lori Weisenfeld, DPM www.loriweisenfelddpm.com
- Orthopedic Sports Massage, Sarah Sanborn LMT: https://www.sarahsanborn.com/
- Banking: First Republic Bank https://www.firstrepublic.com
- Real Estate: Karen Burman https://www.elliman.com/real-
Thank you also to our friends at DermalMedix, Amity Hall, and Running Warehouse!
Follow us on: