Welcome to this week’s edition of our weekly news and events roundup of all things Whippet-related.
- Great job to everyone who ran the Brooklyn Half. Martina’s writeup of results coming next week!
- Track meet results are up! Check out http://trackmeet.
- RSVP here and sign up for the VDOT short distance plan! https://www.meetup.com/
- Check out the recently released short distance plan here: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
- Do you live in NJ and are you a member of the Whippets (or know of any potential NJ members)? If so, we are starting up a Meetup group to organize runs in NJ. We’ll be starting in the Jersey City/Hoboken area as well as Sparta (where Billy Washer lives), but can create Meetups for runs in other areas too, potentially. Check out the Meetup site here:https://www.meetup.com/
- Eric Passmore is organizing a series of trail runs coming up (thanks Eric!). Check out the first run in Katonah, NY here: https://www.meetup.com/
- To volunteer at the JP Morgan Corporate Challenge water station, RSVP here:https://www.meetup.com/
- Make sure to register for Team Championships (https://www.nyrr.org/races-
and-events/2019/nyrr-team- championships-5m) and the Bronx 10M (https://www.nyrr.org/races- and-events/2019/new-balance- bronx-10-mile) as these are the next open team points races!
Results – thanks a ton to Martina, who is writing up the results! If you have any non-NYRR results and would like to be featured on our Weekly Wag and have the result in our database, make sure to fill out the results form here: http://www.dashingwhippets.
- Lauren Lopez was the 9th woman OA at the NYRR 2019 Japan Run 4M. She led the women to 1st place with a time of 26:01. Lauren Dorsky (27:22) and Cheryl Goldwasser (28:01) both placed 5th in their AG. Margaret Harpin (28:40) and Cassandra Connolly (29:06) placed 8th and 7th in their AG.
- James Stucker (22:14) placed 5th OA for the men and helped the men’s team to take 2nd place. Brian Saavedra (24:56) placed 3rd in his AG. He was followed by Sean Gorski (25:04); Rick Thiounn (26:22) and Timothy Pedrotty (26:49).
- Mary Haskins placed 6th in her AG with a time of 34:07.
2019 Points Races
- NYRR Queens 10K (full): https://www.nyrr.org/races-
- Team Championships: https://www.nyrr.org/races-
- New Balance Bronx 10 Mile: https://www.nyrr.org/races-
- NYRR Staten Island Half: https://www.nyrr.org/races-
- TCS New York City Marathon: https://www.tcsnycmarathon.
- NYRR Ted Corbitt 15K: https://www.nyrr.org/
All of our apparel is now at one spot at our sponsor, Finish Line Physical Therapy at 119 West 23rd Street, 3rd Floor.
To order gear:
- New Nike Singlets: https://www.meetup.com/
- New Balance Singlets (only women’s sizes left!): http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Short Sleeved Shirts: https://www.meetup.com/
- Long Sleeved Shirts: https://www.meetup.com/
- Gloves: https://www.meetup.com/
- Running caps: https://www.meetup.com/
- Jackets: https://www.meetup.com/
Spring/Summer short distance plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
Injury Questions for Finish Line Physical Therapy
Have an ache or pain? Ask our new strength and mobility coach, Emmi Aguilldard, about it here to receive advice ASAP! http://bit.ly/DWRTinjuryq
If you shop for running gear at http://www.runningwarehouse.
BOA Shorts Discount Code
If you want some cool running apparel, check out the 20% off code at this great shorts/running clothes maker: https://www.meetup.com/
Rabbit Apparel Discount Code
We have a new team discount code for Rabbit Apparel, which has some really nice looking shirts, singlets, and other running apparel. Here’s the site:https://www.runinrabbit.
DWRT’s 2019 Wellness Partners and Sponsors
For health and wellness needs, please consider our Wellness Partners. Thank you, Wellness Partners!
- Sports acupuncture: RunnerClinicNYC www.runnerclinic.com
- Physical therapy: Finish Line Physical Therapy www.finishlinept.com
- Physical Therapy: Sloane Stecker Physical Therapy http://sloanestecker.com/
- Sports Podiatry: Lori Weisenfeld, DPM www.loriweisenfelddpm.com
- Orthopedic Sports Massage, Sarah Sanborn LMT: https://www.sarahsanborn.com/
- Banking: First Republic Bank https://www.firstrepublic.com
- Real Estate: Karen Burman https://www.elliman.com/real-
Thank you also to our friends at DermalMedix, Amity Hall, and Running Warehouse!
Follow us on: