Welcome to this week’s edition of our weekly news and events roundup of all things Whippet-related.
Races Nearing Capacity
- Team Championships is nearing capacity, so make sure to register soon! (https://www.nyrr.org/races-
- The Bronx 10M is nearing capacity! https://www.nyrr.org/races-
- If you haven’t run a NYRR race under the team name in the last 12 months (a requirement to run team champs!), there are only a few open options left and they are nearing capacity. They are:
- Pride Run: https://www.nyrr.org/races/
- Brooklyn RUN 5k: https://www.nyrr.org/races/
- The 12 Mile NYRR Training Run is also nearing capacity: https://www.nyrr.org/races/
- So is the 18 Miler: https://www.nyrr.org/races/
- If you are running the Queens 10k, RSVP here: https://www.meetup.com/
- If you are running the Brooklyn Mile, RSVP here: https://www.meetup.com/
- If you are doing the second Tuesday Night Speed Series on June 25, RSVP here:https://www.meetup.com/
- If you are doing the BAA 10k: https://www.meetup.com/
- The Achilles 4M: https://www.meetup.com/
- And if you are doing the Pride Run: https://www.meetup.com/
- Check out all of the team’s training plans here: http://www.dashingwhippets.
VDOT Training Plans
If you would like to sign up for the training plans on our VDOT app, see the links below:
- Intermediate Berlin Marathon: https://www.meetup.com/
- Advanced Berlin Marathon: https://www.meetup.com/
- Intermediate Chicago Marathon: https://www.meetup.com/
- Advanced Chicago Marathon: https://www.meetup.com/
- Intermediate NYCM: https://www.meetup.com/
- Advanced NYCM: https://www.meetup.com/
Results – thanks a ton to Martina, who is writing up the results! If you have any non-NYRR results and would like to be featured on our Weekly Wag and have the result in our database, make sure to fill out the results form here: http://www.dashingwhippets.
- Our women placed FIRST at the 2019 NYRR New York Mini 10K. They were led by Ivette Mejia (35:30) and followed by Emmi Aguillard (37:54); Sara Hernandez (42:13); Lauren Dorsky (42:16) and Margaret Moor (42:18). Barbara Mann placed 3rd in her AG, finishing in 42:42.
- Laura Gann was the first woman to cross the finish line of the Run for the Stars 5K, where she finished in 18:45. Spencer Zidarich (16:27) placed 3rd OA for the men. Heather Weneck (24:27) placed 3rd in her AG.
2019 Points Races
- NYRR Queens 10K (full): https://www.nyrr.org/races-
- Team Championships (nearing capacity): https://www.nyrr.org/races-
- New Balance Bronx 10 Mile (nearing capacity): https://www.nyrr.org/races-
- NYRR Staten Island Half: https://www.nyrr.org/races-
- TCS New York City Marathon: https://www.tcsnycmarathon.
- NYRR Ted Corbitt 15K: https://www.nyrr.org/races/
All of our apparel is now at one spot at our sponsor, Finish Line Physical Therapy at 119 West 23rd Street, 3rd Floor.
To order gear:
- New Nike Singlets: https://www.meetup.com/
- New Balance Singlets (only women’s sizes left!): http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Short Sleeved Shirts: https://www.meetup.com/
- Long Sleeved Shirts: https://www.meetup.com/
- Gloves: https://www.meetup.com/
- Running caps: https://www.meetup.com/
- Jackets: https://www.meetup.com/
- Spring/Summer short distance plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
- NYCM Plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
content/uploads/2019/06/DWRT_ 2019_NYC_Advanced_ Intermediate.pdf
- Berlin Marathon Plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
content/uploads/2019/06/DWRT_ 2019_Berlin_Advanced_ Intermediate.pdf
- Chicago Marathon Plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
content/uploads/2019/06/DWRT_ 2019_Chicago_Advanced_ Intermediate.pdf
Injury Questions for Finish Line Physical Therapy
Have an ache or pain? Ask our new strength and mobility coach, Emmi Aguilldard, about it here to receive advice ASAP! http://bit.ly/DWRTinjuryq
DWRT’s 2019 Wellness Partners and Sponsors
- For health and wellness needs, please consider our Wellness Partners. Thank you, Wellness Partners!
- Sports acupuncture: RunnerClinicNYC www.runnerclinic.com
- Physical therapy: Finish Line Physical Therapy www.finishlinept.com
- Physical Therapy: Sloane Stecker Physical Therapy http://sloanestecker.com/
- Sports Podiatry: Lori Weisenfeld, DPM www.loriweisenfelddpm.com
- Orthopedic Sports Massage, Sarah Sanborn LMT: https://www.sarahsanborn.com/
- Banking: First Republic Bank https://www.firstrepublic.com
- Real Estate: Karen Burman https://www.elliman.com/real-
Thank you also to our friends at DermalMedix, Amity Hall, and Running Warehouse!
Follow us on:
- Instagram: http://instagram.com/
- Twitter: http://twitter.com/
- Facebook Page: http://facebook.com/
- Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/
- DWRT Strava Group: https://www.strava.com/clubs/