Welcome to this week’s edition of our weekly news and events roundup of all things Whippet-related.
- Registration for the NYC Marathon is open through February 14. Info here:https://www.tcsnycmarathon.
- The Healthy Kidney 10k is nearing capacity! https://www.nyrr.org/races-
- If you are doing the track meet tomorrow, RSVP here: https://www.meetup.com/
- The Queens 10k is now open: https://www.nyrr.org/races-
- So is the Bronx 10M: https://www.nyrr.org/races-
- And the Staten Island Half: https://www.nyrr.org/races-
- We have a date for the Whippets Track Meet! It will be on May 11 at the East River Park. The registration site is here: http://trackmeet.
- On March 27, Emmi and a colleague at Finish Line PT will lead the Whippets through a strength class demoing different exercises, then give a brief presentation on the importance of strength training. Information here: https://www.meetup.com/
- Reminder, we are doing a Tuesday tempo workout in Queens: https://www.meetup.com/
- And there’s a new Friday morning run on the calendar: https://www.meetup.com/
- We have our annual meeting of the membership on February 27. Info here:https://www.meetup.com/
- The coaches are uploading the 2019 Boston Marathon Plan on the Run Smart app. More plans to follow. RSVP here if you would like to have it uploaded to your account!https://www.meetup.com/
- The intermediate NJ Marathon Plan is here: https://www.meetup.com/
- Advanced NJ Marathon Plan: https://www.meetup.com/
- Intermediate NYC Half Plan: https://www.meetup.com/
- Advanced NYC Half Plan: https://www.meetup.com/
If you have any questions, email the coaches at email@example.com!
Results – thanks a ton to Martina, who is writing up the results! If you have any non-NYRR results and would like to be featured on our Weekly Wag and have the result in our database, make sure to fill out the results form here: http://www.dashingwhippets.
- Our women placed 2nd at the 2019 NYRR Gridiron 4M. Jennie Cohen (24:27) and Theresa Rush (25:11) placed 7th and 10th in their AG. Barbara Mann (25:36) and Lauren Dorsky (26:00) placed 2nd and 8th in their AG. Emily Goncalves finished in 29:01. Sarah Woods (30:39); Eris Saari (32:08) and Meghan Hom (32:15) placed 7th, 9th and 1st in their AG.
- On the men side, David Goldfarb (22:36) and Michael Fosco (23:04) placed 3rd and 4th in their AG. Branden Warders and Joseph Pennacchio finished in 23:47 and 25:26, placing 6th and 9th in their AG. Francois Kress (25:47) and Brett Slater (26:47) placed 8th and 1st in their AG.
2019 Points Races
1. Washington Heights 5K: https://www.nyrr.org/races-
2. UAE Healthy Kidney 10K (nearing capacity): https://www.nyrr.org/races-
3. Popular Brooklyn Half: https://www.nyrr.org/races-
4. NYRR Queens 10K: https://www.nyrr.org/races-
5. Team Championships
6. New Balance Bronx 10 Mile: https://www.nyrr.org/races-
7. NYRR Staten Island Half: https://www.nyrr.org/races-
8. TCS New York City Marathon: https://www.tcsnycmarathon.
9. NYRR Ted Corbitt 15K
Welcome to our new Team Sponsor
Joining the roster is award-winning real estate broker Karen Burman, a teammate. Karen heads The Burman Team as part of Douglas Elliman Real Estate. For all your real estate buying or selling needs, Karen gives top attention to members of the team: https://www.elliman.com/real-
All of our apparel is now at one spot at our sponsor, Finish Line Physical Therapy at 119 West 23rd Street, 3rd Floor.
To order gear:
- New Nike Singlets: https://www.meetup.com/
- New Balance Singlets: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Long Sleeved Shirts: https://www.meetup.com/
- Gloves: https://www.meetup.com/
- Running caps: https://www.meetup.com/
- Jackets: https://www.meetup.com/
- 2019 NJ Marathon: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
- 2019 Boston Marathon: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
- 2019 NYC Half: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
- 2019 Winter/Spring 5k-10k: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
content/uploads/2018/12/DWRT_ TrainingPlan_Winter2019_ ShortDistance.pdf
If you are a new member of the Dashing Whippets, please join us on Mondays for the New Member and Easy Run, out of Amity Hall. Our website has a new page with FAQs for new members: http://www.dashingwhippets.
Run S.M.A.R.T. Program Roll-out
For information on the new Run S.M.A.R.T program the coaches are using, check out the presentation Megan put together here: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
After you sign up for the app, to get training plans pushed to you on the Run S.M.A.R.T. app, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you shop for running gear at http://www.runningwarehouse.
BOA Shorts Discount Code
If you want some cool running apparel, check out the 20% off code at this great shorts/running clothes maker: https://www.meetup.com/
Rabbit Apparel Discount Code
We have a new team discount code for Rabbit Apparel, which has some really nice looking shirts, singlets, and other running apparel. Here’s the site:https://www.runinrabbit.
DWRT’s 2018 Wellness Partners and Sponsors
For health and wellness needs, please consider our Wellness Partners. Thank you, Wellness Partners!
- Sports acupuncture: RunnerClinicNYC www.runnerclinic.com
- Physical therapy: Finish Line Physical Therapy www.finishlinept.com
- Physical Therapy: Sloane Stecker Physical Therapy http://sloanestecker.com/
- Sports Podiatry: Lori Weisenfeld, DPM www.loriweisenfelddpm.com
- Orthopedic Sports Massage, Sarah Sanborn LMT: https://www.sarahsanborn.com/
- Real Estate: Karen Burman https://www.elliman.com/real-
Thank you also to our friends at DermalMedix, Amity Hall, and Running Warehouse!
Follow us on: