Welcome to this week’s edition of our weekly news and events roundup of all things Whippet-related.
- Brooklyn Half registration opens January 30 at noon. This is likely to fill up within hours (or faster?) and the team will likely not be able to get anyone in. If you want to do this race, make sure to sign up when it opens! https://www.nyrr.org/races-
- Registration for the NYC Marathon is now open through February 14. Info here:https://www.tcsnycmarathon.
- The Al Gordon 4M is nearing capacity. Info on registering is here: https://www.nyrr.org/races-
- Many other spring NYRR races are now open, including the second points race of the year – the Healthy Kidney 10k: https://www.nyrr.org/races-
- If you are doing the Gridiron 4M, RSVP here: https://www.meetup.com/
- We have a date for the Whippets Track Meet! It will be on May 11 at the East River Park. The registration site is here: http://trackmeet.
- Our Running Warehouse discount code has been changed. Info on that here: https://www.meetup.com/
Results – thanks a ton to Martina, who is writing up the results! If you have any non-NYRR results and would like to be featured on our Weekly Wag and have the result in our database, make sure to fill out the results form here: http://www.dashingwhippets.
- Our men placed 1st at the NYRR Fred Lebow Half-Marathon, with Stephen Bione (1:14:59) and Garrett Burger (1:16:43) placing 2nd and 4th OA. They were followed by: Josh Arden (1:19:49-3rd AG); Justin Shane (1:20:21-4th AG) and Matthieu Grigoresco (1:21:33-8th AG). We had many team members placing in their age groups! Daniel Elphinston (1:23:26) and Joseph Tucker (1:24:36) placed 10th and 6th. Michael Yuan (1:25:41) and Bobby Liu (1:26:17) took 2nd and 5th place. Branden Warders (1:37:48) and Brett Slater (1:41:00) placed 9th and 8th.
- Our women placed 3rd thanks to: Adiel Schmidt (1:33:35-2nd AG); Lauren Dorsky (1:36-4th AG); Cassandra Connolly (1:44:34); Patricia Choux (1:45:53) and Karen Lee (1:46:23). Mary Haskins placed 9th in her AG, finishing in 2:01:12.
- At the Ocean Breeze Miles Mania #2, Chris Forti represented us in the 800m and the mile, finishing in 0:02:23 and 5:12.
- Kristyn Smith ran a PR of 1:14:39 at the SRC Run to Blue Point Brewery, placing 3rd in her AG.
- Hamish Alexander ran a 3-minute PR of 21:59 at the Run Houston 5K. Jacquii Alexander PRd by 34 minutes at the Chevron Houston Marathon, finishing in 3:50:29.
2019 Points Races
1. Washington Heights 5K: https://www.nyrr.org/races-
2. UAE Healthy Kidney 10K: https://www.nyrr.org/races-
3. Popular Brooklyn Half: https://www.nyrr.org/races-
4. NYRR Queens 10K
5. Team Championships
6. New Balance Bronx 10 Mile
7. NYRR Staten Island Half
8. TCS New York City Marathon: https://www.tcsnycmarathon.
9. NYRR Ted Corbitt 15K
All of our apparel is now at one spot at our sponsor, Finish Line Physical Therapy at 119 West 23rd Street, 3rd Floor.
To order gear:
- New Nike Singlets: https://www.meetup.com/
- New Balance Singlets: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Long Sleeved Shirts: https://www.meetup.com/
- Gloves: https://www.meetup.com/
- Running caps: https://www.meetup.com/
- Jackets: https://www.meetup.com/
- 2019 NJ Marathon: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
- 2019 Boston Marathon: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
- 2019 NYC Half: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
- 2019 Winter/Spring 5k-10k: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
content/uploads/2018/12/DWRT_ TrainingPlan_Winter2019_ ShortDistance.pdf
Injury Questions for Finish Line Physical Therapy
Have an ache or pain? Ask a physical therapy professional about it here to receive advice ASAP! http://bit.ly/DWRTinjuryq
Run S.M.A.R.T. Program Roll-out
For information on the new Run S.M.A.R.T program the coaches are using, check out the presentation Megan put together here: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
After you sign up for the app, to get training plans pushed to you on the Run S.M.A.R.T. app, email email@example.com.
Fort Lauderdale Half Discount
The A1A Half and Full Marathon (Sun. Feb. 17, 2019) has provided us with a 15% off discount code (DASHINGWHIPPETS) and TWO FREE RACE ENTRIES. If you want to beat the cold weather, the race entries will go on a first-come-first-served basis. Entries are non-transferable and non-sellable. Email: sponsorships@dashingwhippets.
DWRT’s 2018 Wellness Partners and Sponsors
For health and wellness needs, please consider our Wellness Partners. Thank you, Wellness Partners!
- Sports acupuncture: RunnerClinicNYC www.runnerclinic.com
- Physical therapy: Finish Line Physical Therapy www.finishlinept.com
- Physical Therapy: Sloane Stecker Physical Therapy http://sloanestecker.com/
- Sports Podiatry: Lori Weisenfeld, DPM www.loriweisenfelddpm.com
- Orthopedic Sports Massage, Sarah Sanborn LMT: https://www.sarahsanborn.com/
Thank you also to our friends at DermalMedix, Amity Hall, and Running Warehouse!
Follow us on: