Welcome to this week’s edition of our weekly news and events roundup of all things Whippet-related.
- The last open points race of the year is the Ted Corbitt 15k. It is now nearing capacity! Information is here: https://www.nyrr.org/races-
- We are doing a voluntary contribution drive on Crowdrise. If you would like consider giving, please see it here: https://www.crowdrise.com/o/
en/campaign/dwrt-2018- voluntary-contribution-drive? fbclid=IwAR2IdIUxYZNxIpVEgk_ 8q0KsGxc2nBx9vFvmzUKtLFMm9haq6 hCxyShrMvM
- Skyler and Kirby Mosenthal are organizing a DWRT group in Westchester. Check out the Meetup site here: https://www.meetup.com/
- You can still sign up for the USATF NY XC meet this weekend in person on Sunday. Information is here: https://www.meetup.com/
- If you’re doing the Philly Marathon or Half, RSVP here: https://www.meetup.com/
- Russ is offering a great acupuncture deal for members! See info below.
Results – thanks a ton to Martina, who is writing up the results! If you have any non-NYRR results and would like to be featured on our Weekly Wag and have the result in our database, make sure to fill out the results form here: http://www.dashingwhippets.
We had amazing results at the NYC Marathon and the Dash to the Finish. With 241 finishers, it’s impossible to list all of the great performances and PRs, so please visit the NYRR results site here to see the team’s results:
Congratulations to everyone who finished!
For team results, our open men and women were both third and our masters and 50+ women were first!
2018 Points Races
- Ted Corbitt 15K (12/8/2018): https://www.nyrr.org/races-
All of our apparel is now at one spot at our sponsor, Finish Line Physical Therapy at 119 West 23rd Street, 3rd Floor.
To order gear:
- New Nike Singlets: https://www.meetup.com/
- New Balance Singlets: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Long Sleeved Shirts: https://www.meetup.com/
- Tech T-shirts: https://www.meetup.com/
- Wool hats: https://www.meetup.com/
- Gloves: https://www.meetup.com/
- Running caps: https://www.meetup.com/
- Jackets: https://www.meetup.com/
- Fall 5k-15k plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
Injury Questions for Finish Line Physical Therapy
Have an ache or pain? Ask a physical therapy professional about it here to receive advice ASAP! http://bit.ly/DWRTinjuryq
Massage Packages at Body Balance NYC
Nicole, at our massage partner – Body Balance NYC is offering us some great massage packages. Check them out here: https://bodybalancenyc.com/
If you are a new member of the Dashing Whippets, please join us on Mondays for the New Member and Easy Run, out of Amity Hall. Our website has a new page with FAQs for new members: http://www.dashingwhippets.
Acupuncture Deal at Runner Clinic NYC
Wellness Partner Runner Clinic NYC and our teammate Russ Stram congratulate the team on its marathon results and offer the following through the end of the year: (1) Book two sessions for the price of one; or (2) Book one and get a gift session to give to a friend at no charge. Thanks, Russ! Details: http://www.runnerclinicnyc.
If you shop for running gear at http://www.runningwarehouse.
BOA Shorts Discount Code
If you want some cool running apparel, check out the 20% off code at this great shorts/running clothes maker: https://www.meetup.com/
Rabbit Apparel Discount Code
We have a new team discount code for Rabbit Apparel, which has some really nice looking shirts, singlets, and other running apparel. Here’s the site:https://www.runinrabbit.
DWRT’s 2018 Wellness Partners and Sponsors
For health and wellness needs, please consider our Wellness Partners. Thank you, Wellness Partners!
- Sports acupuncture: RunnerClinicNYC www.runnerclinic.com
- Physical therapy: Finish Line Physical Therapy www.finishlinept.com
- Physical Therapy: Sloane Stecker Physical Therapy http://sloanestecker.com/
- Sports podiatry: Lori Weisenfeld, DPM www.loriweisenfelddpm.com
- Sports massage: Body Balance Integrated Massage Therapy www.bodybalancenyc.com
Thank you also to our friends at DermalMedix, Amity Hall, and Running Warehouse!
Follow us on: