Welcome to this week’s edition of our weekly news and events roundup of all things Whippet-related.
- The last open points race of the year is the Ted Corbitt 15k. It is now nearing capacity! Information is here: https://www.nyrr.org/races-
- The Jingle Jog 5k is also nearing capacity: https://www.nyrr.org/races-
- Many of the spring NYRR races are now open, including the likely first points race of the year – the Washington Heights 5k: https://www.nyrr.org/races-
and-events/2019/nyrr- washington-heights-salsa- blues-and-shamrocks-5k
- There are no official team workouts this Thursday due to Thanksgiving!
Results – thanks a ton to Martina, who is writing up the results! If you have any non-NYRR results and would like to be featured on our Weekly Wag and have the result in our database, make sure to fill out the results form here: http://www.dashingwhippets.
Here are some more results from the NYC Marathon from Martina:
- Anoush Shehadeh (2nd AG) and Ingrid Wells ran finished their debut marathon in 2:49:06 and 2:59:01. Meghan Bonghartz broke the three-hour barrier for the first time, finishing in 2:59:30.
- Jordan ODonoghue (2:31:29) and Hugh Parker (2:35:08) both placed in the top 100. David Roeske was our third scoring man and finished in 2:35:13.
- Emma Skygebjerg (3:13:53); Barbara Mann (3:14:23) and Carol Stickler (3:27:58) helped the Women’s Masters Team placing 1st.
- Moray Joslyn (2:58:02); Bobby Liu (2:59:35) and Patrick Sewell (3:01:24) were our top-scoring men for the Men’s Masters Team.
- Our women placed 2nd at the NYRR Dash to the Finish Line 5K thanks to Helene Svane (17:09); Ivette Mejia (17:50); Megan Keane (18:43); Francesca DeLucia (19:00-8th AG) and Genevieve Coeffey (19:25).
- The men placed 6th. Justin Scheid (15:47) placed 8th in his AG. He was followed by: Ryan Prout (16:23-5th AG); Eric Morley (17:21); Matthew Wong (17:44-5th AG) and Daniel Elphinston (17:49).
- Christopher Pareja (20:20) and John Narducci (21:35) placed 6th and 8th in their AG.
- Lenny Shulgin represented us at the Bushy Parkrun 5K in London, finishing in 17:59 and placing 4th OA and 2nd in his AG.
2018 Points Races
- Ted Corbitt 15K (12/8/2018): https://www.nyrr.org/races-
All of our apparel is now at one spot at our sponsor, Finish Line Physical Therapy at 119 West 23rd Street, 3rd Floor.
To order gear:
- New Nike Singlets: https://www.meetup.com/
- New Balance Singlets: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Long Sleeved Shirts: https://www.meetup.com/
- Tech T-shirts: https://www.meetup.com/
- Wool hats: https://www.meetup.com/
- Gloves: https://www.meetup.com/
- Running caps: https://www.meetup.com/
- Jackets: https://www.meetup.com/
- Fall 5k-15k plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
Discount on Season Pass at the Armory
Yoon was able to get the following deal at the Armory. Thanks Yoon!
The Armory in Manhattan’s Washington Heights has extended a 10% discount to members of the Whippets for the adult season pass. The code is whippetsarmory10, and redemption and sign up is over the phone. Please contact Glennis Aquino at 212.923.1803 x 7010 orGAquino@armorytrack.com for all inquires.
From the Armory:
“For the first time, this year we have 5 days of weekly scheduled practice times for adults. On Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays we open at 6:30am and on Tuesday and Thursday evenings we have adult practice times from 7pm to 10pm. The full weekly training calendar is here:http://www.armorytrack.
A season training pass is $275, and we can offer the Dashing Whippet members 10% off.”
The 2018-19 training season begins November 12th, 2018 and conclude on April 12th, 2019.
Injury Questions for Finish Line Physical Therapy
Have an ache or pain? Ask a physical therapy professional about it here to receive advice ASAP! http://bit.ly/DWRTinjuryq
Massage Packages at Body Balance NYC
Nicole, at our massage partner – Body Balance NYC is offering us some great massage packages. Check them out here: https://bodybalancenyc.com/
Acupuncture Deal at Runner Clinic NYC
Wellness Partner Runner Clinic NYC and our teammate Russ Stram congratulate the team on its marathon results and offer the following through the end of the year: (1) Book two sessions for the price of one; or (2) Book one and get a gift session to give to a friend at no charge. Thanks, Russ! Details: http://www.runnerclinicnyc.
If you shop for running gear at http://www.runningwarehouse.
BOA Shorts Discount Code
If you want some cool running apparel, check out the 20% off code at this great shorts/running clothes maker: https://www.meetup.com/
Rabbit Apparel Discount Code
We have a new team discount code for Rabbit Apparel, which has some really nice looking shirts, singlets, and other running apparel. Here’s the site:https://www.runinrabbit.
DWRT’s 2018 Wellness Partners and Sponsors
For health and wellness needs, please consider our Wellness Partners. Thank you, Wellness Partners!
- Sports acupuncture: RunnerClinicNYC www.runnerclinic.com
- Physical therapy: Finish Line Physical Therapy www.finishlinept.com
- Physical Therapy: Sloane Stecker Physical Therapy http://sloanestecker.com/
- Sports podiatry: Lori Weisenfeld, DPM www.loriweisenfelddpm.com
- Sports massage: Body Balance Integrated Massage Therapy www.bodybalancenyc.com
Thank you also to our friends at DermalMedix, Amity Hall, and Running Warehouse!
Follow us on:
- Instagram: http://instagram.com/
- Twitter: http://twitter.com/
- Facebook Page: http://facebook.com/
- Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/