Welcome to this week’s edition of our weekly news and events roundup of all things Whippet-related.
- If you’re doing the SI Half, it’s still open, but nearing capacity. RSVP here if you are doing it:https://www.meetup.com/
- If you are cheering, information is here: https://www.meetup.com/
- The post race brunch information is here: https://www.meetup.com/
- After Staten Island, the last open points race of the year is the Ted Corbitt 15k. Information is here: https://www.nyrr.org/races-
- The Dash to the Finish 5k is nearing capacity: https://www.nyrr.org/races-
and-events/2018/abbott-dash- to-the-finish-line-5k-and- usatf-5k-championships
- If you’re doing the NYC Marathon, RSVP here: https://www.meetup.com/
- If you’re interested in joining FRNY in their Blue Line Run (last 20 miles of the marathon course), please see info and fill out the google doc here: https://docs.google.com/forms/
d/e/ 1FAIpQLScklrEdbHsdb2HYGmllFkGa 6LTZf9rV9JMwSZ_51CoCyN_bmQ/ viewform
Results – thanks a ton to Martina, who is writing up the results! If you have any non-NYRR results and would like to be featured on our Weekly Wag and have the result in our database, make sure to fill out the results form here: http://www.dashingwhippets.
- Our women placed 1st at the 2018 NYRR Grete’s Great Gallop (10K). Lacey Greenwalt (41:49) and Lauren Dorsky (42:34) placed 3rd and 1st in their AG. Catherine Novack (43:18) and Jennifer Bordas Diaz (49:41) placed 8th and 9th in their AG. Atlee Murphy (48:23) was our 5th woman.
- The men placed 4th. Jonathan Kline (36:43) placed 1st in his AG. He was followed by Matthew Feick (41:02); Peter Burton (41:17-2nd AG); Gaetan Strypstein (42:40) and Alfredo Barbier (42:49).
- James Stucker WON the 2018 NYRR Harry Murphy Cross Country 5K, finishing in 17:24! Mark Heller (23:30) and Joseph Masibay (22:37) placed 3rd and 8th in their AG.
- Several Whippets made us proud at the Bank of America Chicago Marathon 2018! Chris Dawes ran 2:39:45, Keaton Naff ran 2:47:32, and Stephen Gnoza ran a PR of 2:55:58. Abraham Brody ran a 2-min PR of 3:00:38. Franny Vignola PRd as well, finishing in 3:10:25. Congrats also to: Alana Kopelson (3:01:41), Richard Nacin (3:04:30); Lauren Lopez (3:18:58); Elena Varas Saiz (3:26:56); Manson Wong (3:56:18);Hamish Alexander (4:42:04) and Alycia Menear (5:30:49).
- Jacquii Alexander ran a 49-second PR of 23:30 at the Chicago International 5K. Richard Nacin finished in 19:46.
- Alan Southworth (1:26:10); Emma Krasovich (1:35:47) and Stella Paffenholz (1:54:26) represented us at the 2018 BAA Half Marathon.
- Jordan Rose (2:41-8th AG) and Spencer Duhaime (2:43:24) ran a 2 minute-PR at the 2018 Medtronic Twin Cities Marathon. Ivettte Mejia ran 57:46 in the Medtronic 10 Mile.
- Genevieve Coffey (1:42:23) was the 7th woman OA (1st AG) at the Paine to Pain half marathon.
- Keith Slyman finished the Jersey Shore Half Marathon in 1:36:35, placing 2nd in his AG.
- Mark Michael Astarita ran the Bridgehampton Half-Marathon in 1:42:51.
2018 Points Races
- Staten Island Half (10/14/2018) (nearing capacity): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- TCS NYC Marathon (11/4/2018) (full): https://www.tcsnycmarathon.
org/plan-your-race/run-in- 2018?_ga=2.260980173. 1756861461.1516468491- 1713173526.1506293621
- Ted Corbitt 15K (12/8/2018): https://www.nyrr.org/races-
All of our apparel is now at one spot at our sponsor, Finish Line Physical Therapy at 119 West 23rd Street, 3rd Floor.
To order gear:
- New Nike Singlets: https://www.meetup.com/
- New Balance Singlets: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Tech T-shirts: https://www.meetup.com/
- Wool hats: https://www.meetup.com/
- Gloves: https://www.meetup.com/
- Running caps: https://www.meetup.com/
- Jackets: https://www.meetup.com/
- Fall 5k-15k plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
- NYC Marathon Plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
Injury Questions for Finish Line Physical Therapy
Have an ache or pain? Ask a physical therapy professional about it here to receive advice ASAP! http://bit.ly/DWRTinjuryq
Massage Packages at Body Balance NYC
Nicole, at our massage partner – Body Balance NYC is offering us some great massage packages. Check them out here: https://bodybalancenyc.com/
If you are a new member of the Dashing Whippets, please join us on Mondays for the New Member and Easy Run, out of Amity Hall. Our website has a new page with FAQs for new members: http://www.dashingwhippets.
NYRR sent the following information for a survey with a chance to win some New Balance shoes:
Hello NYRR runner!
Our friends at New Balance are looking for 18 fast runners to help test a new shoe. They’d like you to take part in this research if you ran the New Balance 5th Avenue Mile this past year, as your experience will prove valuable to better understand what runners want from their shoes.
If you are interested in participating, please complete the survey in the link below:
If you qualify for the research, you will receive a follow-up email from New Balance with more details. All participants in the research will be given a FREE pair of shoes.
Thanks in advance for your help,
Your friends at New Balance
If you shop for running gear at http://www.runningwarehouse.
BOA Shorts Discount Code
If you want some cool running apparel, check out the 20% off code at this great shorts/running clothes maker: https://www.meetup.com/
Rabbit Apparel Discount Code
We have a new team discount code for Rabbit Apparel, which has some really nice looking shirts, singlets, and other running apparel. Here’s the site:https://www.runinrabbit.
DWRT’s 2018 Wellness Partners and Sponsors
For health and wellness needs, please consider our Wellness Partners. Thank you, Wellness Partners!
- Sports acupuncture: RunnerClinicNYC www.runnerclinic.com
- Physical therapy: Finish Line Physical Therapy www.finishlinept.com
- Physical Therapy: Sloane Stecker Physical Therapy http://sloanestecker.com/
- Sports podiatry: Lori Weisenfeld, DPM www.loriweisenfelddpm.com
- Sports massage: Body Balance Integrated Massage Therapy www.bodybalancenyc.com
Thank you also to our friends at DermalMedix, Amity Hall, and Running Warehouse!
Follow us on: