Welcome to this week’s edition of our weekly news and events roundup of all things Whippet-related.
- Good luck to everyone doing the Chicago Marathon! If you’re racing it, RSVP here:https://www.meetup.com/
- If you’re doing the SI Half, it’s still open, but nearing capacity. RSVP here if you are doing it:https://www.meetup.com/
- If you are cheering, information is here: https://www.meetup.com/
- There are some great XC meets coming up. One is the NYRR Fred Lebow Cross Country Championships is on November 18: https://www.nyrr.org/races-
and-events/2018/nyrr-fred- lebow-cross-country- championships-5k
- And the USATF-NY championship meet is on November 11: http://newyork.usatf.org/
Events/2018/2018-USATF-New- York-Association-Open— Masters-Cro.aspx
- If you’re doing the NYC Marathon, RSVP here: https://www.meetup.com/
- If you are doing the Philly Marathon, RSVP here: https://www.meetup.com/
- If you are racing the Boston Marathon, RSVP here: https://www.meetup.com/
Results – thanks a ton to Martina, who is writing up the results! If you have any non-NYRR results and would like to be featured on our Weekly Wag and have the result in our database, make sure to fill out the results form here: http://www.dashingwhippets.
- Our women placed 3rd in the A division at the 2018 New Balance Bronx 10-Mile. Anoush Shehadeh placed 10th OA for the women and 1st in her AG, finishing in 58:54. Ingrid Wells (1:00:20) placed 6th in her AG. She was followed by Grace Bowen (1:02:01); Laura Gann (1:02:40-6th AG) and Francesca DeLucia (1:03:04-8th AG).
- The men took 5th place in the A division thanks to Jeremy Arthur (54:16-7th AG); Stephen Bione (54:29); Spencer Zidarich (54:29); Karlo Mendoza (55:05-4th AG) and David Roeske (56:22-5th AG).
- The Women’s Masters Team placed 3rd. Barbara Mann (1:05:10) and Kim Martineau (1:06:11) placed 4th and 2nd in their AG. Carol Stickler (1:11:47) placed 9th in her AG.
- The Men’s Masters Team placed 5th thanks to Bobby Liu (1:01:13); Moray Joslyn (1:01:24-10th AG) and Dennis Ryan, who ran a PR of 1:04:19.
- Frederick Hines (57:11) and Lauren Dorsky (1:07:35) both placed 7th in their AG. Louise Sarup (1:12:18) and Eris Saari (1:17:11) placed 10th and 7th in their AG.
- Jesse Baldwin-Philippi (19:37) was the first woman OA at the Front Runners New York Cross Country 5k.
- Kendall Lyons was the first woman OA at the Ridgefield Half Marathon, where she finished in 1:26:33.
- Marissa Connelly finished her first marathon, the Baxter’s Loch Ness Marathon, in 3:57:05.
- Jonathan Kline (18:34) placed 10th OA and 2nd in his AG at the USATF National Masters Cross Country Championships.
2018 Points Races
- Staten Island Half (10/14/2018) (nearing capacity): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- TCS NYC Marathon (11/4/2018) (full): https://www.tcsnycmarathon.
org/plan-your-race/run-in- 2018?_ga=2.260980173. 1756861461.1516468491- 1713173526.1506293621
- Ted Corbitt 15K (12/8/2018): https://www.nyrr.org/races-
All of our apparel is now at one spot at our sponsor, Finish Line Physical Therapy at 119 West 23rd Street, 3rd Floor.
To order gear:
- New Nike Singlets: https://www.meetup.com/
- New Balance Singlets: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Tech T-shirts: https://www.meetup.com/
- Retro short sleeved t-shirt: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Long Sleeved Shirts: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Sugoi track jackets: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Wool hats: https://www.meetup.com/
- Gloves: https://www.meetup.com/
- Running caps: https://www.meetup.com/
- Jackets: https://www.meetup.com/
- Fall 5k-15k plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
- NYC Marathon Plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
- Chicago Marathon Plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
Injury Questions for Finish Line Physical Therapy
Have an ache or pain? Ask a physical therapy professional about it here to receive advice ASAP! http://bit.ly/DWRTinjuryq
Massage Packages at Body Balance NYC
Nicole, at our massage partner – Body Balance NYC is offering us some great massage packages. Check them out here: https://bodybalancenyc.com/
If you are a new member of the Dashing Whippets, please join us on Mondays for the New Member and Easy Run, out of Amity Hall. Our website has a new page with FAQs for new members: http://www.dashingwhippets.
Run S.M.A.R.T. Program Roll-out
For information on the new Run S.M.A.R.T program the coaches are using, check out the presentation Megan put together here: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
After you sign up for the app, to get training plans pushed to you on the Run S.M.A.R.T. app, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you shop for running gear at http://www.runningwarehouse.
BOA Shorts Discount Code
If you want some cool running apparel, check out the 20% off code at this great shorts/running clothes maker: https://www.meetup.com/
Rabbit Apparel Discount Code
We have a new team discount code for Rabbit Apparel, which has some really nice looking shirts, singlets, and other running apparel. Here’s the site:https://www.runinrabbit.
Thank you to our race partners Philadelphia Marathon, Broad Street Run, Hartford Marathon and Fort Lauderdale A1A Marathon. See Meetup for $10 and 15% off discount codes for Hartford and Fort Lauderdale, here: https://www.meetup.com/
DWRT’s 2018 Wellness Partners and Sponsors
For health and wellness needs, please consider our Wellness Partners. Thank you, Wellness Partners!
- Sports acupuncture: RunnerClinicNYC www.runnerclinic.com
- Physical therapy: Finish Line Physical Therapy www.finishlinept.com
- Physical Therapy: Sloane Stecker Physical Therapy http://sloanestecker.com/
- Sports podiatry: Lori Weisenfeld, DPM www.loriweisenfelddpm.com
- Sports massage: Body Balance Integrated Massage Therapy www.bodybalancenyc.com
Thank you also to our friends at DermalMedix, Amity Hall, and Running Warehouse!
Follow us on: