Welcome to this week’s edition of our weekly news and events roundup of all things Whippet-related.
Make sure to sign up for the track meet we are hosting with NBR on June 2!
- Meet info: https://www.meetup.com/
- Volunteering: https://www.meetup.com/
- Register here: https://runsignup.com/Race/NY/
- We have new Nike team singlets! RSVP here for all the info and to buy one (for $30): https://www.meetup.com/
- We are also doing one-off prepaid more premium singlets. Info on those here:
- Men’s race day elite singlets: https://www.meetup.com/
- Women’s race day elite singlets: https://www.meetup.com/
- Women’s Tight Tanks: https://www.meetup.com/
- Make sure to sign up for Team Championships! https://www.nyrr.org/races-
- Is anyone interested in a regular run/workout based in Queens? If so, and if you haven’t already said so on Facebook, let me know and I will get you in touch with the organizers. If we get a critical mass, we’ll make it a regular thing!
- Riri is organizing a volunteer water station at the Chase Corporate Challenge. RSVP here if you are interested! https://www.meetup.com/
- One of our sponsors, Sloane Stecker PT is holding a running event at their office on June 23. Info here:
Sloane Stecker Physical Therapy will be hosting a Running Event on Saturday, June 23, 2018. The clinic will provide a complimentary running assessment for injury prevention and performance enhancement utilizing its Noraxon Treadmill with video, pressure, and muscle firing (EMG) analyses. Participants will also be provided with assessments utilizing Globus Kineo and Force Plate Systems.
Please contact Bianca Rodriguez at Bianca@sloanestecker.com to schedule an appointment today! Scheduling is limited.
Results – thanks a ton to Martina, who is writing up the results! If you have any results and would like to be featured on our Weekly Wag, make sure to fill out the results form below.
Make sure to help us fill out our results database by entering your non-NYRR results here: http://www.dashingwhippets.
- At the 2018 Popular Brooklyn Half, a team-point race, both our men and our women placed fourth!
- Both Mark Hess (1:09:50) and Keaton Naff (1:12:04) placed 7th in their AG. They were followed by Cory Helder (1:12:14); Jordan Odonoghue (1:12:55-8th AG) and Karlo Mendoza (1:13:03-9th AG). Chris Dawes placed 6th in his AG, finishing in 1:17:22. Cliff Collins set a new team record of 1:50:30 for Master’s 60+.
- One the women side, both Jessica Chichester (1:18:39) and Jessy Scarpone (1:19:19) placed 5th in their AG. Anoush Shehadeh (1:20:54) and Laura Gann (1:22:27) placed 4th and 6th in their AG. Kendall Lyons finished in 1:23:02. Kathleen Servidea (1:23:40-3rd AG); Barbara Mann (1:28:20-9th AG) and Kim Martineau (1:29:37-4th AG) helped the women’s masters team to secure third place! Rebecca Verrone (1:24:55) plced 8th in her AG.
- So many Whippets ran a PR on Saturday! Stephen Gnoza qualified for the 2019 NYC marathon with a PR of 1:20:41. Dennis Ryan ran a 3-minute PR of 1:23:58. Kristen Elkins broke the 1:30 barrier for the first time and ran a 4-minute PR of 1:29:31. Melissa Wolfe and Cici Pandol crossed the finish line hand-in-hand, getting two new, shiny PRs of 1:36:18 and 1:36:19! Daniela Alvarado ran an over 3-minute PR of 1:38:19. Jaquii Alexander and Hamish Alexander both ran 4-minute PRs of 1:51:43 and 1:54:08. Congrats also to Young Cho (1:24:36); Anastasia Voevodin (1:26:42); Frances Vignola (1:28:48); Eliza Ragsdale (1:29:09); Jennifer Marchuk (1:32:13); Heather Weneck (1:42:07); Jaime Chien (1:57:40) and Sara Nies (1:58:17).
- Samantha Creath was the third woman OA at the Ultra Race of Champions 100K! She finished in 12:36:53.
- Shayleigh Dickson ran the Indy Mini Half Marathon in 1:41:37.
2018 Points Races
- Queens 10K (6/16/2018) (full): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Team Champs (7/28/2018): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Percy Sutton 5K (8/25/2018): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- NYRR 5th Avenue Mile (9/9/2018): https://www.nyrr.org/races-
- Bronx 10M (9/30/2018): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Staten Island Half (10/14/2018): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- TCS NYC Marathon (11/4/2018) (register by 2/15!): https://www.tcsnycmarathon.
org/plan-your-race/run-in- 2018?_ga=2.260980173. 1756861461.1516468491- 1713173526.1506293621
- Ted Corbitt 15K (12/8/2018): https://www.
All of our apparel is now at one spot at our sponsor, Finish Line Physical Therapy at 119 West 23rd Street, 3rd Floor.
To order gear:
- New Nike Singlets: https://www.meetup.com/
- Singlets: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Tech T-shirts: https://www.meetup.com/
- Retro short sleeved t-shirt: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Long Sleeved Shirts: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Sugoi track jackets: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Wool hats: https://www.meetup.com/
- Gloves: https://www.meetup.com/
- Running caps: https://www.meetup.com/
- New Jackets: https://www.meetup.com/
- Summer Short Distance Plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.
Italy Run 5k
We wanted to let you know about a FREE non-competitive 5K Fun Run coming up. The This Is Italy Fun Run will take place June 30 at 9AM, kicking off at Pier 62 at Chelsea Piers in Manhattan. The course will go along the water up to Pier 84 and back. Runners can register at: http://thisisitaly-run.com/
Injury Questions for Finish Line Physical Therapy
Have an ache or pain? Ask a physical therapy professional about it here to receive advice ASAP! http://bit.ly/DWRTinjuryq
If you are a new member of the Dashing Whippets, please join us on Mondays for the New Member and Easy Run, out of Amity Hall. Our website has a new page with FAQs for new members: http://www.dashingwhippets.
If you shop for running gear at http://www.runningwarehouse.
BOA Shorts Discount Code
If you want some cool running apparel, check out the 20% off code at this great shorts/running clothes maker: https://www.meetup.com/
Rabbit Apparel Discount Code
We have a new team discount code for Rabbit Apparel, which has some really nice looking shirts, singlets, and other running apparel. Here’s the site:https://www.runinrabbit.
DWRT’s 2017 Wellness Partners and Sponsors
For health and wellness needs, please consider our Wellness Partners. Thank you, Wellness Partners!
- Sports acupuncture: RunnerClinicNYC www.runnerclinic.com
- Physical therapy: Finish Line Physical Therapy www.finishlinept.com
- Physical Therapy: Sloane Stecker Physical Therapy http://sloanestecker.com/
- Sports podiatry: Lori Weisenfeld, DPM www.loriweisenfelddpm.com
- Sports massage: Body Balance Integrated Massage Therapy www.bodybalancenyc.com
Thank you also to our friends at DermalMedix, Amity Hall, and Running Warehouse!
Follow us on:
Facebook Page: http://facebook.com/
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/