Welcome to this week’s edition of our weekly news and events roundup of all things Whippet-related.
The Dashing Whippets Running Team thanks our 2016 Team Sponsors for their generous support of the club: RunnerClinicNYC, Brooklyn Roasting Company, and Fitletic, Inc.
The track meet registration site is now active. Register here and share it with friends! http://trackmeet.
- We are fielding a volunteer water station at the NYC Half. This will count as a +1 for the NYC Marathon in 2017 and the team will get 1 marathon spot for every 20 volunteers we get: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
whippets/events/227253882/. You can have friends come with you who will count toward our total number. Just have them sign up on myNYRR. We just need 4 more to get to 60 and have a few days left to register.
- We are doing a post-Washington Heights 5k brunch. Full information here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Russ is hosting a NYC Half strategy session with Liz Maiuolo on March 9. Information here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Club Night is tonight. If you haven’t yet purchased tickets, you can at the door. Our open and masters women as well as Chris Dawes, Hugh Parker, Kim Martineau, and Jon Kline will all receive awards at the party. Purchase tickets here to celebrate with them! http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- NYRR has opened up two of its next points races, the Scotland Run (http://www.nyrr.org/races-
and-events/2016/scotland-run- 10k), the Retro 4M (http://www.nyrr.org/races- and-events/2016/nyrr-retro-4- miler), which is a points race for men and women this year, and the Pride Run (http://www.nyrr.org/races- and-events/2016/front-runners- new-york-lgbt-pride-run-5m). Please note that the Mini 10k is NOT a points race for women this year.
- Team points races are listed here: http://www.dashingwhippets.
- Please consider running the FRNY indoor track meet on Saturday, March 26. Info here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
Results – thanks a ton to Martina, who will be writing up the results going forward! If you have any results and would like to be featured on our Weekly Wag, make sure to email her.
Make sure to help us fill out our results database by entering your non-NYRR results here: http://www.dashingwhippets.
- The Whippets owned Prospect Park this past Saturday! At the NYRR Al Gordon 4M, our women placed first thanks to Brigette Kolson (24:39), who was the 4th woman OA; Caitleen Kahn (25:11-8th woman); Merissa Molinar (26:02-8th AG); Marie Killmond (26:23-2nd AG) and Kate Cushing (27:18-10th AG). Our men got third place thanks to Jonathan Park (22:38-9th AG); Lenny Shulgin (22:51-6th AG); Matthew Wong (23:03-3rd AG); Terrence McGovern (23:33-6st AG) and Andrew Hadro (23:47). Justin Anderson and Alex Noble both crossed the finish line in 23:56, placing 7th and 8th in their AG. Frank Drury (25:22) placed 4th in his AG. Elizabeth Maiuolo (28:03); Patricia Tirona (30:09) and Mary Haskins (33:47) placed 2nd, 6th and 6th in their AG. Kristen Beren ran a PR of 32:38.
- At the NYCruns Central Park Marathon, Bobby Liu placed 5th in his AG with a time of 3:10:43, qualifying for Boston 2017! Congrats also to Roman Matuska (3:34:10); Rick Thiounn (3:46:10) and Hideki Kinoshita (4:58:38). Michael Wang (1:58:13); Michael Connor (2:07:40); Karen Lee (2:09:46) and Marc Caudron (2:38:07) represented us in the half marathon.
- Merciless Friends Won’t Stop Photoshopping This Runner’s Race Photo: http://www.runnersworld.com/
fun/merciless-friends-wont- stop-photoshopping-this- runners-race-photo
- Attention Unlucky Boston Marathon Squeakers: “Boston Magazine” May Have a Bib For You: http://www.runnersworld.com/
boston-marathon/attention- unlucky-boston-marathon- squeakers-boston-magazine-may- have-a-bib-for-you
- Washington Heights 5k (full): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
events/2016/nyrr-washington- heights-salsa-blues-and- shamrocks-5k
- Scotland Run: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Brooklyn Half (full): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Retro 4M: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Pride Run: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- NYC Marathon: http://www.tcsnycmarathon.org/
plan-your-race/run-in-2016? utm_source=nyrrorg&utm_banner& utm_campaign=nymapply16
For a limited time, we are reducing the price of our singlets and long sleeved shirts from $25 to $20. Jackets are still $110. While supplies last, you can get a “2015” short sleeved shirt for free with a purchase. Apparel will be available at Custom PT at the seminar tonight!
See info below:
- Singlets: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Long Sleeved Shirts: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Jackets: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Washington Heights 5k: http://files.meetup.com/
- NYC Half: http://files.meetup.com/
- Boston Marathon: http://files.meetup.com/
- NJ Marathon: http://files.meetup.com/