Before COVID, I used to send a weekly email to the team with updates, but haven’t in the past year since there wasn’t a lot going on. I thought I would restart sending some updates as we gradually return to normal, although probably not on a weekly basis.
- We are not back to a pretty normal schedule of training runs, including workouts on Tuesday and Thursday, long runs on Saturday, and easy runs on Monday and Wednesday. We will be posting the runs a week at a time since we have capacity limits. Check out the whole calendar here: https://www.meetup.com/
- We are still following COVID protocols, which are detailed on each Meetup. Mask are required as we gather, but can be removed during the run as we break down into pace groups as long as you are vaccinated (as per CDC guidelines and state law). See details here: https://www.dashingwhippets.
- We are organizing an in person “virtual” Brooklyn Half Marathon on May 22. See details here: https://www.meetup.com/
- The team would love some help with hosting team runs. Let me know if you are interested at email@example.com!
- We are also in need of some help with our social media, especially Instagram, particularly with collecting pictures and videos for content and making some posts. Also, let me know if you are interested in that.
- Check out all the team apparel on the store on our site here: https://www.dashingwhippets.
- Reminder that all members get 10% off on Running Warehouse. Details here: https://www.meetup.com/
If you are doing any of the races below, make sure to RSVP:
- NYRR Brooklyn RUN 3.3M: https://www.meetup.com/
- NYRR Newport Mile: https://www.meetup.com/
- NYRR Flushing Meadows Mile: https://www.meetup.com/
- Mini 10k: https://www.meetup.com/
- Pride Run 6k: https://www.meetup.com/
- Achilles 4M: https://www.meetup.com/
- Chicago Marathon: https://www.meetup.com/
- Boston Marathon: https://www.meetup.com/
- NYC Marathon: https://www.meetup.com/
Make sure to follow us on:
- Instagram: @dashingwhippets
- Twitter: @dashingwhippets
- Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/
- Strava: https://www.strava.com/clubs/
See all the team training plans here: https://www.dashingwhippets.
- Short distance plan: https://www.dashingwhippets.
org/wp-content/uploads/2021/ 03/DWRT_TrainingPlan_ Spring2021_ShortDistance.pdf
- Half marathon plan: https://www.dashingwhippets.
org/wp-content/uploads/2021/ 04/DWRT_TrainingPlan_ BrooklynHalf_2021.pdf
Team members can have workouts pushed to their phone via the Run Smart app. Information on that here: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org!
If you have run any races in the last year, please make sure to input your result here so we have it in the team database! http://www.dashingwhippets.
DWRT’s 2021 Wellness Partners and Sponsors
- Sports acupuncture: RunnerClinicNYC www.runnerclinic.com
- Physical therapy: Finish Line Physical Therapy www.finishlinept.com
- Physical Therapy: Sloane Stecker Physical Therapy http://sloanestecker.com/
- Sports Podiatry: Lori Weisenfeld, DPM www.loriweisenfelddpm.com
- Therapeutic Sports Massage, Sarah Sanborn LMT: https://www.sarahsanborn.com/
- Real Estate: RoomUnity is a tech-enabled real estate company serving buyers, sellers, renters, working alongside investors. www.roomunity.com
- Automobile: Volvo Car USA. https://www.volvocars.com/
- Amity Hall: https://amityhallnyc.com/
- Running Warehouse: https://www.runningwarehouse.