Welcome to this week’s edition of our weekly news and events roundup of all things Whippet-related.
Please note that we are cancelling runs on December 24th and 25th.
Races Nearing Capacity
If an upcoming race is nearing capacity and you want to do it, make sure to register! It’s almost impossible to get in once the race fills up. The following races are nearing capacity:
- Fred Lebow Manhattan Half Marathon: https://www.nyrr.org/races/
- The annual winter party will be on January 25. RSVP and buy tickets here: https://www.meetup.com/
- There are several great opportunities to run some indoor track races this winter. The first is the Miles Mania Grand Prix at Ocean Breeze. RSVP here for the first one: https://www.meetup.com/
- NYRR also has a Night at the Races at the Armory: https://www.meetup.com/
- Laura is hosting a nutritional seminar on January 29 at Finish Line. See info here: https://www.meetup.com/
Thanks to our results team for compiling all the data in our database! Brian Donaghy has put together race links on our site where we can display top ten AG and PR performances. We will continue to build this out and improve on this going forward, but to keep our database full of all our team races results, make sure to fill out this link above for non-NYRR races.
And thanks a ton to Martina, who is writing up the results! If you have any non-NYRR results and would like to be featured on our Weekly Wag and have the result in our database, make sure to fill out the results form here: http://www.dashingwhippets.
- The team had a great experience at the USATF Club Cross Country Championships, competing against the best teams in the country. The open women’s team placed 23rd out of 48 teams, the open men 53rd out of 78, and the 40+ men placed 12th out of 32 teams. Four 50+ men also ran great races!
2020 Points Races
a. Washington Heights 5K: March 1 (https://www.nyrr.org/races/
b. UAE Healthy Kidney 10K: March 28 (https://www.nyrr.org/races/
c. Run as One 4M: April 26 (https://www.nyrr.org/races/
d. Brooklyn Half: May 16
e. Queens 10K: June 21
f. Team Champs: August 1
g. 5th Avenue Mile: September 13
h. Bronx 10M: September 27
i. S.I. Half: October 11
j. NYC Marathon: November 1
k. Ted Corbitt 15K: December 13
All of our apparel is now at one spot at our sponsor, Finish Line Physical Therapy at 119 West 23rd Street, 3rd Floor.
To order gear:
- Pom pom hats: https://www.meetup.com/
- Arm sleeves: https://www.meetup.com/
- New Nike Singlets: https://www.meetup.com/
- New Balance Singlets (only women’s sizes left!): http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Short Sleeved Shirts: https://www.meetup.com/
- Long Sleeved Shirts: https://www.meetup.com/
- Gloves: https://www.meetup.com/
- Jackets: https://www.meetup.com/
- Coming later this month: training plans for Boston Marathon, NYC Half, and winter/spring shorter races (5K-10K and indoor track)
- Coming in January: training plan for New Jersey Marathon
Injury Questions for Finish Line Physical Therapy
Have an ache or pain? Ask our new strength and mobility coach, Emmi Aguilldard, about it here to receive advice ASAP! http://bit.ly/DWRTinjuryq
If you shop for running gear at http://www.runningwarehouse.
Janji Discount Code
We have a discount code at Janji through the end of the year (will see about getting it extended to 2020. Info here: https://www.meetup.com/
We now have four chapters of the team! If you have friends in Boston, Westchester, or NJ, please send them the following links:
- Boston: https://www.meetup.com/
- NJ: https://www.meetup.com/
- Westchester: https://www.meetup.com/
DWRT’s 2019 Wellness Partners and Sponsors
For health and wellness needs, please consider our Wellness Partners. Thank you, Wellness Partners!
- Sports acupuncture: RunnerClinicNYC www.runnerclinic.com
- Physical therapy: Finish Line Physical Therapy www.finishlinept.com
- Physical Therapy: Sloane Stecker Physical Therapy http://sloanestecker.com/
- Sports Podiatry: Lori Weisenfeld, DPM www.loriweisenfelddpm.com
- Therapeutic Sports Massage, Sarah Sanborn LMT: https://www.sarahsanborn.com/
- Banking: First Republic Bank https://www.firstrepublic.com
- Real Estate: RoomUnity is a tech-enabled real estate company serving buyers, sellers, renters, working alongside investors. www.roomunity.com
Thank you also to our friends at DermalMedix, Amity Hall, and Running Warehouse!
Our friends at Ragnar are providing $100 off DWRT team registrations to 2020 overnight Ragnar Relays. See “deals and discounts” on Meetup, here: https://www.meetup.com/
Follow us on: