Welcome to this week’s edition of our weekly news and events roundup of all things Whippet-related.
Races Nearing Capacity
If an upcoming race is nearing capacity and you want to do it, make sure to register! It’s almost impossible to get in once the race fills up.
- Jingle Bell Jog 5k: https://www.nyrr.org/races/
- The drawing application for the 2020 NYC Half is open. Info here: https://www.nyrr.org/races/
- The route for the long run in Brooklyn tomorrow, October 19, will be the first 20 miles of the marathon. Info here: https://www.meetup.com/
- If you are interested in a 5000 meter race on the track tomorrow, check out the East River 5000 here: https://www.eventbrite.
- Laura Gann is hosting a nutrition seminar later this month. Check out the details here: https://www.meetup.com/
- There’s a NYC Marathon expo trip and dinner. Info here: https://www.meetup.com/
- If you are running the marathon, RSVP here: https://www.meetup.com/
- Cheer station info is here: https://www.meetup.com/
- Info on the post NYC Marathon party is here: https://www.meetup.com/
Thanks to our results team for compiling all the data in our database! Brian Donaghy has put together race links on our site where we can display top ten AG and PR performances. We will continue to build this out and improve on this going forward, but to keep our database full of all our team races results, make sure to fill out this link above for non-NYRR races.
And thanks a ton to Martina, who is writing up the results! If you have any non-NYRR results and would like to be featured on our Weekly Wag and have the result in our database, make sure to fill out the results form here: http://www.dashingwhippets.
- Ellyn Atkins (1:21:06) and Samantha Creath (1:21:07) placed 7th and 8th OA for the women at the NYRR Staten Island Half 2019, leading the women’s team to 2nd place. Kathleen Servidea (1:23:42); Lauren Dorsky (1:25:02) and Laureline Logiaco (1:27:30) placed 5th, 4th and 10th in their AG.
- Sam Geha (1:08:47) placed 8th OA and led the men’s team to 5th place. Michael Yuan (1:13:43); Charles Kinzig (1:14:18); Hugh Parker (1:14:25) and Oliver Witjenburg (1:14:33) placed 5th, 9th, 10th and 5th in their AG.
- David Roeske (1:15:59) and Barbara Mann (1:32:40) both placed 8th in their AG.
- We had many outstanding performances at the 2019 Chicago Marathon! Congrats on their PRs to: Stephen Seeler (2:49:40); Laura Gann (2:53:36); Rose Willey (3:05:29); Sara Hernandez (3:05:34); Andrea La Bella (3:18:00); Richard Nacin (3:07:41); Michael Lowe (3:18:28); Leah Robbins (3:18:11) and Jaquii Alexander (3:44:08)!
- Alex Arslan placed 2nd OA at the Bed Stuy 10K, finishing in 30:39.
- Meghan Bongartz was the 6th woman OA at the Wineglass Marathon, where she finished in 2:58:59.
2019 Points Races
- TCS New York City Marathon (full): https://www.tcsnycmarathon.
- NYRR Ted Corbitt 15K (full): https://www.nyrr.org/races/
All of our apparel is now at one spot at our sponsor, Finish Line Physical Therapy at 119 West 23rd Street, 3rd Floor.
To order gear:
- New Nike Singlets: https://www.meetup.com/
- New Balance Singlets (only women’s sizes left!): http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Short Sleeved Shirts: https://www.meetup.com/
- Long Sleeved Shirts: https://www.meetup.com/
- Gloves: https://www.meetup.com/
- Jackets: https://www.meetup.com/
- Staten Island Half Marathon Plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
- Ted Corbitt/XC Plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
- NYCM Plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
content/uploads/2019/06/DWRT_ 2019_NYC_Advanced_ Intermediate.pdf
- Philadelphia Marathon Plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
content/uploads/2019/06/DWRT_ 2019_Philly_Advanced_ Intermediate.pdf
Injury Questions for Finish Line Physical Therapy
Have an ache or pain? Ask our new strength and mobility coach, Emmi Aguilldard, about it here to receive advice ASAP! http://bit.ly/DWRTinjuryq
If you shop for running gear at http://www.runningwarehouse.
DWRT’s 2019 Wellness Partners and Sponsors
For health and wellness needs, please consider our Wellness Partners. Thank you, Wellness Partners!
- Sports acupuncture: RunnerClinicNYC www.runnerclinic.com
- Physical therapy: Finish Line Physical Therapy www.finishlinept.com
- Physical Therapy: Sloane Stecker Physical Therapy http://sloanestecker.com/
- Sports Podiatry: Lori Weisenfeld, DPM www.loriweisenfelddpm.com
- Therapeutic Sports Massage, Sarah Sanborn LMT: https://www.sarahsanborn.com/
- Banking: First Republic Bank https://www.firstrepublic.com
- Real Estate: RoomUnity is a tech-enabled real estate company serving buyers, sellers, renters, working alongside investors. www.roomunity.com
Thank you also to our friends at DermalMedix, Amity Hall, and Running Warehouse!
Follow us on: