Welcome to this week’s edition of our weekly news and events roundup of all things Whippet-related.
Races Nearing Capacity
If an upcoming race is nearing capacity and you want to do it, make sure to register! It’s almost impossible to get in once the race fills up.
- Harry Murphy XC 5k: https://www.nyrr.org/races/
- We are co-organizing a scavenger hunt with NBR on 9/22. Information is on Facebook here: https://www.facebook.com/
events/702636236824749/ and here: https://www.meetup.com/ dashing-whippets/events/ 264928752/.
- If you’d like to cheer at the Bronx 10M, RSVP here: https://www.meetup.com/
- And if you are doing the Bronx 10M, RSVP here: https://www.meetup.com/
- The post Bronx 10M get together information is here: https://www.meetup.com/
Results – thanks a ton to Martina, who is writing up the results! If you have any non-NYRR results and would like to be featured on our Weekly Wag and have the result in our database, make sure to fill out the results form here: http://www.dashingwhippets.
- Our women placed 1st at the 2019 TCS New York City Marathon Training Series 18M. Sarah Mellea placed 9th OA for the women. Stefanie Spanfeller (2:12:49) and Barbara Mann (2:13:48) placed 6th and 3rd in their AG. Maggie Mocete (2:16:37) and Amy Roberts (2:19:41) placed 9th and 5th in their AG.
- Aaron Larkin (1:57:37) and John Whelchel (2:06:37) placed 2nd and 6th in their AG. Josef Ziegler (2:10:41) and Jonathan Meythaler Falcones (2:21:36) placed 10th and 6th in their AG.
- Peter Goldwasser and Afshin Rostami placed 1st and 2nd in their AG at the 2019 Kurt Steiner Cross Country 5K, finishing in 20:04 and 20:30. Joseph Masibay (25:35) and Emily Barker (32:31) placed 5th and 7th in their AG.
- We had some very strong performances at the NYCRuns Newport Liberty Half Marathon! Steve Bione placed 5th OA for the men, finishing in 1:17:23. We had the following women placing in the top ten: Laura Gann (1:23:14-2nd OA); Meghan Bongartz (1:26:21-4th OA); Rose Willey (1:28:59-7th OA). Naomi Barnett (1:32:00) and Jenny DiMascio-Donohue (1:37:15) placed 4th in their AG. Bobby Vasquez (1:32:46), Atlee Murphy (1:33:46) and Sarah Hernandez (1:33:56) all placed 5th in their AG. Rachel Jonas (1:34:09) and Jill Czarnik (1:34:12) placed 6th in their AG. Celeste Candela (1:37:03) and Jessie Zaccaro (1:43:16) placed 10th and 8th in their AG. March Rehman (1:38:50) placed 9th in his AG.
- Kristyn Smith was the 5th woman OA at the Big Cottonwood Marathon, where she finished in 3:05:55.
2019 Points Races
- New Balance Bronx 10 Mile (full): https://www.nyrr.org/races-
- NYRR Staten Island Half (full): https://www.nyrr.org/races-
- TCS New York City Marathon (full): https://www.tcsnycmarathon.
- NYRR Ted Corbitt 15K: https://www.nyrr.org/races/
All of our apparel is now at one spot at our sponsor, Finish Line Physical Therapy at 119 West 23rd Street, 3rd Floor.
To order gear:
- New Nike Singlets: https://www.meetup.com/
- New Balance Singlets (only women’s sizes left!): http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Short Sleeved Shirts: https://www.meetup.com/
- Long Sleeved Shirts: https://www.meetup.com/
- Gloves: https://www.meetup.com/
- Jackets: https://www.meetup.com/
- NYCM Plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
content/uploads/2019/06/DWRT_ 2019_NYC_Advanced_ Intermediate.pdf
- Berlin Marathon Plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
content/uploads/2019/06/DWRT_ 2019_Berlin_Advanced_ Intermediate.pdf
- Chicago Marathon Plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
content/uploads/2019/06/DWRT_ 2019_Chicago_Advanced_ Intermediate.pdf
- Philadelphia Marathon Plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
content/uploads/2019/06/DWRT_ 2019_Philly_Advanced_ Intermediate.pdf
Injury Questions for Finish Line Physical Therapy
Have an ache or pain? Ask our new strength and mobility coach, Emmi Aguilldard, about it here to receive advice ASAP! http://bit.ly/DWRTinjuryq
If you shop for running gear at http://www.runningwarehouse.
BOA Shorts Discount Code
If you want some cool running apparel, check out the 20% off code at this great shorts/running clothes maker: https://www.meetup.com/
Rabbit Apparel Discount Code
We have a new team discount code for Rabbit Apparel, which has some really nice looking shirts, singlets, and other running apparel. Here’s the site:https://www.runinrabbit.
We now have four chapters of the team! If you have friends in Boston, Westchester, or NJ, please send them the following links:
- Boston: https://www.meetup.com/
- NJ: https://www.meetup.com/
- Westchester: https://www.meetup.com/
Sarah Sanborn, our massage partner, has a special rate for us:
1 massage: $126 per massage (10% off the usual price of $140)
2 massages: $245
3 massages: $360
5 massages: $550
DWRT’s 2019 Wellness Partners and Sponsors
For health and wellness needs, please consider our Wellness Partners. Thank you, Wellness Partners!
- Sports acupuncture: RunnerClinicNYC www.runnerclinic.com
- Physical therapy: Finish Line Physical Therapy www.finishlinept.com
- Physical Therapy: Sloane Stecker Physical Therapy http://sloanestecker.com/
- Sports Podiatry: Lori Weisenfeld, DPM www.loriweisenfelddpm.com
- Therapeutic Sports Massage, Sarah Sanborn LMT: https://www.sarahsanborn.com/
- Banking: First Republic Bank https://www.firstrepublic.com
Thank you also to our friends at DermalMedix, Amity Hall, and Running Warehouse!
Follow us on:
- Instagram: http://instagram.com/
- Twitter: http://twitter.com/
- Facebook Page: http://facebook.com/
- Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/
- DWRT Strava Group: https://www.strava.com/clubs/