Welcome to this week’s edition of our weekly news and events roundup of all things Whippet-related.
Races Nearing Capacity
If an upcoming race is nearing capacity and you want to do it, make sure to register! It’s almost impossible to get in once the race fills up.
- Fifth Avenue Mile (already full for some age groups): https://www.nyrr.org/races/
- Kurt Steiner XC 5k: https://www.nyrr.org/races/
- Grete’s Gallop 10k: https://www.nyrr.org/races/
- Dash to the Finish Line 5k: https://www.nyrr.org/races/
- Kevin has been working with NBR to plan a scavenger hunt on September 22. More details to follow, but save the date!
- If you are doing the Fifth Avenue Mile, RSVP here: https://www.meetup.com/
- Bronx 10M: https://www.meetup.com/
- Bronx 10M Cheer Zone: https://www.meetup.com/
- NYC Marathon: https://www.meetup.com/
- For the NYCM Cheer Station: https://www.meetup.com/
- And the NYCM Volunteer Station: https://www.meetup.com/
Results – thanks a ton to Martina, who is writing up the results! If you have any non-NYRR results and would like to be featured on our Weekly Wag and have the result in our database, make sure to fill out the results form here: http://www.dashingwhippets.
- Both teams placed 1st at the 2019 NYRR Summer Community Run 1.5mi. Timothy Pedrotty placed 5th OA, finishing in 08:28. He was followed by: Gaetan Strypstein (09:05); Kevin Tschirhart (09:24); Jarrod Scuglik (09:39) and Marc Rehman (10:13-8th AG).
- Jennifer DiMascioDonohue (09:30) and Mikayla Nemes (09:34) placed 5th and 7th OA for the women. Kristen Anderson (09:59) placed 3rd in her AG. Dara Karac and Meghan Hom finished in 11:06 and 11:34. Karina Jaramillo placed 8th in her AG, finishing in 11:34.
- Brian Reis won the Governors Island 10K, running a new PR of 33:38.
2019 Points Races
- New Balance Bronx 10 Mile (full): https://www.nyrr.org/races-
- NYRR Staten Island Half (full): https://www.nyrr.org/races-
- TCS New York City Marathon (full): https://www.tcsnycmarathon.
- NYRR Ted Corbitt 15K: https://www.nyrr.org/races/
All of our apparel is now at one spot at our sponsor, Finish Line Physical Therapy at 119 West 23rd Street, 3rd Floor.
To order gear:
- New Nike Singlets: https://www.meetup.com/
- New Balance Singlets (only women’s sizes left!): http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Short Sleeved Shirts: https://www.meetup.com/
- Long Sleeved Shirts: https://www.meetup.com/
- Gloves: https://www.meetup.com/
- Running caps: https://www.meetup.com/
- Jackets: https://www.meetup.com/
- Spring/Summer short distance plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
- NYCM Plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
content/uploads/2019/06/DWRT_ 2019_NYC_Advanced_ Intermediate.pdf
- Berlin Marathon Plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
content/uploads/2019/06/DWRT_ 2019_Berlin_Advanced_ Intermediate.pdf
- Chicago Marathon Plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
content/uploads/2019/06/DWRT_ 2019_Chicago_Advanced_ Intermediate.pdf
- Philadelphia Marathon Plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
content/uploads/2019/06/DWRT_ 2019_Philly_Advanced_ Intermediate.pdf
Injury Questions for Finish Line Physical Therapy
Have an ache or pain? Ask our new strength and mobility coach, Emmi Aguilldard, about it here to receive advice ASAP! http://bit.ly/DWRTinjuryq
If you shop for running gear at http://www.runningwarehouse.
We now have four chapters of the team! If you have friends in Boston, Westchester, or NJ, please send them the following links:
- Boston: https://www.meetup.com/
- NJ: https://www.meetup.com/
- Westchester: https://www.meetup.com/
Sarah Sanborn, our massage partner, has a special rate for us:
1 massage: $126 per massage (10% off the usual price of $140)
2 massages: $245
3 massages: $360
5 massages: $550
DWRT’s 2019 Wellness Partners and Sponsors
For health and wellness needs, please consider our Wellness Partners. Thank you, Wellness Partners!
- Sports acupuncture: RunnerClinicNYC www.runnerclinic.com
- Physical therapy: Finish Line Physical Therapy www.finishlinept.com
- Physical Therapy: Sloane Stecker Physical Therapy http://sloanestecker.com/
- Sports Podiatry: Lori Weisenfeld, DPM www.loriweisenfelddpm.com
- Orthopedic Sports Massage, Sarah Sanborn LMT: https://www.sarahsanborn.com/
- Banking: First Republic Bank https://www.firstrepublic.com
Thank you also to our friends at DermalMedix, Amity Hall, and Running Warehouse!
Follow us on: