Welcome to this week’s edition of our weekly news and events roundup of all things Whippet-related.
Races Nearing Capacity
- The Bronx 10M is nearing capacity! https://www.nyrr.org/races-
- The 12 Mile NYRR Training Run is also nearing capacity: https://www.nyrr.org/races/
- So is the 18 Miler: https://www.nyrr.org/races/
- And the Percy Sutton 5k: https://www.nyrr.org/races/
- Save the date for July 27 after Team Championships. We will be having our summer party that day. Details to come soon!
- RSVP here if you are doing Team Championships! https://www.meetup.com/
- If you are doing the third Tuesday Night Speed Series, RSVP here: https://www.meetup.com/
- If you are doing the Retro 4M, RSVP here: https://www.meetup.com/
- And the Brooklyn RUN 5k: https://www.meetup.com/
- If you’d like to attend the next trail run that Eric is planning, check out details here:https://www.meetup.com/
- We have canceled all of our runs on July 4th.
- Check out all of the team’s training plans here: http://www.dashingwhippets.
VDOT Training Plans
If you would like to sign up for the training plans on our VDOT app, see the links below:
- Intermediate Berlin Marathon: https://www.meetup.com/
- Advanced Berlin Marathon: https://www.meetup.com/
- Intermediate Chicago Marathon: https://www.meetup.com/
- Advanced Chicago Marathon: https://www.meetup.com/
- Intermediate NYCM: https://www.meetup.com/
- Advanced NYCM: https://www.meetup.com/
- Intermediate Philadelphia Marathon Plan: https://www.meetup.com/
- Advanced Philadelphia Marathon Plan: https://www.meetup.com/
Results – thanks a ton to Martina, who is writing up the results! If you have any non-NYRR results and would like to be featured on our Weekly Wag and have the result in our database, make sure to fill out the results form here: http://www.dashingwhippets.
- The Women’s Open Team placed 2nd at the 2019 Achilles Hope & Possibility 4M. Lauren Dorsky and Stefanie Spanfeller placed 6th and 8th OA, finishing in 25:24 and 26:27. Jenny DiMascioDonohue (27:24) placed 3rd in her AG. She was followed by Cheryl Goldwasser (28:43) and Elisabetta Benini (30:06).
- The Men took 3rd placed 3rd thanks to Michael Fosco (23:34-9th AG); Josef Ziegler (25:21); Manus O’Callaghan (25:28); Timothy Pedrotty (26:03) and Tom McNeill (26:06).
- Brian Saavedra (26:07) and Brett Slater (27:17) placed 9th and 2nd in their AG. Tovy Vu (30:44) and Patricia Tirona (31:41) placed 7th and 9th in their AG.
- Samantha Creath ran a PR of 2:47:26 at the Grandmas Marathon, which is the current 2019 women’s record for the marathon. Michael Monroe had a strong performance as well, finishing in 2:58:18.
- We had some great performances at the Brooklyn Mile from Grace Bowen (5:07); Emmi Aguillard (5:08); Karlo Mendoza (4:42); Terrence McGovern (4:56); Darragh Halpenny (4:46); Laura Gann (5:15); Jenny Swan (42); Katherine Edwards (5:46); Emma Krasovich (5:56) and Chris Forti (5:13).
- Jacquii Alexander and Hamish Alexander both ran a PR at the BAA Boston 10k, finishing in 47:47 and 45:14.
- Darragh Halpenny (16:12) placed 8th OA at the Tuesday Night Speed Series 5000m race.
Pride Run results coming next week!
2019 Points Races
- Team Championships (full): https://www.nyrr.org/races-
- New Balance Bronx 10 Mile (nearing capacity): https://www.nyrr.org/races-
- NYRR Staten Island Half: https://www.nyrr.org/races-
- TCS New York City Marathon: https://www.tcsnycmarathon.
- NYRR Ted Corbitt 15K: https://www.nyrr.org/races/
All of our apparel is now at one spot at our sponsor, Finish Line Physical Therapy at 119 West 23rd Street, 3rd Floor.
To order gear:
- New Nike Singlets: https://www.meetup.com/
- New Balance Singlets (only women’s sizes left!): http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Short Sleeved Shirts: https://www.meetup.com/
- Long Sleeved Shirts: https://www.meetup.com/
- Gloves: https://www.meetup.com/
- Running caps: https://www.meetup.com/
- Jackets: https://www.meetup.com/
- Spring/Summer short distance plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
- NYCM Plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
content/uploads/2019/06/DWRT_ 2019_NYC_Advanced_ Intermediate.pdf]
- Berlin Marathon Plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
content/uploads/2019/06/DWRT_ 2019_Berlin_Advanced_ Intermediate.pdf
- Chicago Marathon Plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
content/uploads/2019/06/DWRT_ 2019_Chicago_Advanced_ Intermediate.pdf
- Philadelphia Marathon Plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.
com/wp-content/uploads/2019/ 06/DWRT_2019_Philly_Advanced_ Intermediate.pdf
Injury Questions for Finish Line Physical Therapy
Have an ache or pain? Ask our new strength and mobility coach, Emmi Aguilldard, about it here to receive advice ASAP! http://bit.ly/DWRTinjuryq
If you shop for running gear at http://www.runningwarehouse.
BOA Shorts Discount Code
If you want some cool running apparel, check out the 20% off code at this great shorts/running clothes maker: https://www.meetup.com/
Rabbit Apparel Discount Code
We have a new team discount code for Rabbit Apparel, which has some really nice looking shirts, singlets, and other running apparel. Here’s the site:https://www.runinrabbit.
DWRT’s 2019 Wellness Partners and Sponsors
For health and wellness needs, please consider our Wellness Partners. Thank you, Wellness Partners!
- Sports acupuncture: RunnerClinicNYC www.runnerclinic.com
- Physical therapy: Finish Line Physical Therapy www.finishlinept.com
- Physical Therapy: Sloane Stecker Physical Therapy http://sloanestecker.com/
- Sports Podiatry: Lori Weisenfeld, DPM www.loriweisenfelddpm.com
- Orthopedic Sports Massage, Sarah Sanborn LMT: https://www.sarahsanborn.com/
- Banking: First Republic Bank https://www.firstrepublic.com
Thank you also to our friends at DermalMedix, Amity Hall, and Running Warehouse!
Follow us on:
- Instagram: http://instagram.com/
- Twitter: http://twitter.com/
- Facebook Page: http://facebook.com/
- Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/
- DWRT Strava Group: https://www.strava.com/clubs/