Welcome to this week’s edition of our weekly news and events roundup of all things Whippet-related.
We’ve had a great response so far, with close to 160 members filling out the team survey. If you haven’t yet, please do so soon. The link is: http://tinyurl.com/y2l9gfnj
Races Nearing Capacity
- Team Championships is nearing capacity, so make sure to register soon! (https://www.nyrr.org/races-
- The Bronx 10M is nearing capacity! https://www.nyrr.org/races-
- The 12 Mile NYRR Training Run is also nearing capacity: https://www.nyrr.org/races/
- So is the 18 Miler: https://www.nyrr.org/races/
- If you are doing the second Tuesday Night Speed Series on June 25, RSVP here:https://www.meetup.com/
- Check out this blog post by Finish Line PT: https://finishlinept.com/blog/
- We have canceled all of our runs on July 4th.
- If you are doing the BAA 10k: https://www.meetup.com/
- The Achilles 4M: https://www.meetup.com/
- And if you are doing the Pride Run: https://www.meetup.com/
- Info on the upcoming trail run at Minnewaska State Park (thanks for organizing, Eric!):https://www.meetup.com/
- Check out all of the team’s training plans here: http://www.dashingwhippets.
VDOT Training Plans
If you would like to sign up for the training plans on our VDOT app, see the links below:
- Intermediate Berlin Marathon: https://www.meetup.com/
- Advanced Berlin Marathon: https://www.meetup.com/
- Intermediate Chicago Marathon: https://www.meetup.com/
- Advanced Chicago Marathon: https://www.meetup.com/
- Intermediate NYCM: https://www.meetup.com/
- Advanced NYCM: https://www.meetup.com/
Results – thanks a ton to Martina, who is writing up the results! If you have any non-NYRR results and would like to be featured on our Weekly Wag and have the result in our database, make sure to fill out the results form here: http://www.dashingwhippets.
- The men took 4th place at the 2019 NYRR Queens 10K. Cameron Coneys (32:47) and Alexander Arslan (32:56) placed 5th and 7th in their AG. Jeremy Arthur (32:59) and Spencer Zidarich (33:28) placed 8th and 10thin their AG. Keaton Naff was our 5th man and finished in 33:29.
- Khia Kurtenbach (36:06) and Ellyn Atkinson (37:36) placed 1st and 3rd in their AG and helped the women securing 4th place. They were followed by Jessica Chichester (37:53-7th AG); Genevieve Coffey (40:25 – 8thAG) and Molly Wawrzyniak (40:37 – 9th AG).
- The Men’s Masters Team took 3rd place thanks to Jordan Wolff (35:33 – 1st AG); Frederick Hines (36:18 – 7th AG) and Troy Squire (36:22 – 8th AG).
- Julie McElroy (41:00 – 1st AG); Barbara Mann (41:50 – 2nd AG) and Selina Satoko Highstein (49:13) led the Women’s Masters Team to 5th place.
- Our men’s 50+ team placed second and our women’s 50+ team placed third!
- Joseph Pennacchio (38:49) and Scott Batten (39:49) placed 9th and 7th in their AG. Rose Willey (40:38) placed 10th in her AG. Brian Reis placed 10th OA and 2nd in his AG at the Brooklyn Mile, finishing in 04:42.
- Dina Ramadane ran a 18:49 at the NYRR Tuesday Night Speed Series #1 5K, placing 2nd OA.
- Frank Drury (1:43:01) and Kristen Elkins (1:36:04) represented us at the New Paltz Challenge Half Marathon, placind 2nd and 3rd in their AG.
2019 Points Races
- Team Championships (nearing capacity): https://www.nyrr.org/races-
- New Balance Bronx 10 Mile (nearing capacity): https://www.nyrr.org/races-
- NYRR Staten Island Half: https://www.nyrr.org/races-
- TCS New York City Marathon: https://www.tcsnycmarathon.
- NYRR Ted Corbitt 15K: https://www.nyrr.org/races/
All of our apparel is now at one spot at our sponsor, Finish Line Physical Therapy at 119 West 23rd Street, 3rd Floor.
To order gear:
- New Nike Singlets: https://www.meetup.com/
- New Balance Singlets (only women’s sizes left!): http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Short Sleeved Shirts: https://www.meetup.com/
- Long Sleeved Shirts: https://www.meetup.com/
- Gloves: https://www.meetup.com/
- Running caps: https://www.meetup.com/
- Jackets: https://www.meetup.com/
- Spring/Summer short distance plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
- NYCM Plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
content/uploads/2019/06/DWRT_ 2019_NYC_Advanced_ Intermediate.pdf
- Berlin Marathon Plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
content/uploads/2019/06/DWRT_ 2019_Berlin_Advanced_ Intermediate.pdf
- Chicago Marathon Plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
content/uploads/2019/06/DWRT_ 2019_Chicago_Advanced_ Intermediate.pdf
Injury Questions for Finish Line Physical Therapy
Have an ache or pain? Ask our new strength and mobility coach, Emmi Aguilldard, about it here to receive advice ASAP! http://bit.ly/DWRTinjuryq
If you shop for running gear at http://www.runningwarehouse.
BOA Shorts Discount Code
If you want some cool running apparel, check out the 20% off code at this great shorts/running clothes maker: https://www.meetup.com/
Rabbit Apparel Discount Code
We have a new team discount code for Rabbit Apparel, which has some really nice looking shirts, singlets, and other running apparel. Here’s the site:https://www.runinrabbit.
DWRT’s 2019 Wellness Partners and Sponsors
For health and wellness needs, please consider our Wellness Partners. Thank you, Wellness Partners!
- Sports acupuncture: RunnerClinicNYC www.runnerclinic.com
- Physical therapy: Finish Line Physical Therapy www.finishlinept.com
- Physical Therapy: Sloane Stecker Physical Therapy http://sloanestecker.com/
- Sports Podiatry: Lori Weisenfeld, DPM www.loriweisenfelddpm.com
- Orthopedic Sports Massage, Sarah Sanborn LMT: https://www.sarahsanborn.com/
- Banking: First Republic Bank https://www.firstrepublic.com
- Real Estate: Karen Burman https://www.elliman.com/real-
Thank you also to our friends at DermalMedix, Amity Hall, and Running Warehouse!
Follow us on: