Welcome to this week’s edition of our weekly news and events roundup of all things Whippet-related.
- RSVP here if you’d like to volunteer at the track meet: https://www.meetup.com/
- To register for the track meet, go here: http://trackmeet.
- For the post track meet pints, RSVP here: https://www.meetup.com/
- If you’d like to be matched with people your pace for the Brooklyn Half, fill out this form here:https://forms.gle/
- If you are doing the Brooklyn Half, RSVP here: https://www.meetup.com/
- To do an easy run to pick up your Brooklyn Half bib, RSVP here: https://www.meetup.com/
- For the Brooklyn Half Post Points Pints, RSVP here: https://www.meetup.com/
- For a Brooklyn Half Marathon strategy session, RSVP here: https://www.meetup.com/
- If you’d like to volunteer at a Brooklyn Half water station, RSVP here:https://www.meetup.com/
- To volunteer at the JP Morgan Corporate Challenge water station, RSVP here:https://www.meetup.com/
Results – thanks a ton to Martina, who is writing up the results! If you have any non-NYRR results and would like to be featured on our Weekly Wag and have the result in our database, make sure to fill out the results form here: http://www.dashingwhippets.
- The Women’s Open Team placed 4th at the 2019 UAE Healthy Kidney 10K. Ivette Mejia (35:07) placed 4th in her AG and was followed by Molly Wawrzyniak (38:25); Kathleen Servidea (2ndAG); Alison Lindsay (39:05-5th AG) and Deirdre Dwyer (40:10).
- Cameron Coneys (32:27) led the Men’s Open Team to 6th place. He was followed by Spencer Zidarich (32:32); Keaton Naff (33:11); James Stucker (34:24) and Jordan Wolff (34:53-3rd AG).
- Both the Men’s and the Women’s Master Team took 2nd place. Kathleen Servidea (38:51) and Patricia Choux (44:56) placed 2nd and 3rd in their AG and were followed by Nicole Mallory (48:06). Jordan Wolff (34:53); Troy Squire (36:07) and Ralf Holzer (37:30) placed 3rd, 10th and 5th in their AG. Billy Barone (38:38) placed 7th in his AG. Both Bobby Liu (37:39) and Scott Batten (38:40) placed 9th in their AG.
- We had some pretty fast performances at the Virgin Money London Marathon 2019! Ryan Prout broke the 2:30 barrier, finishing in 2:29:41, and Kyle Rifkind ran a seven-minute PR of 2:55:36.
- Keith Slyman and Evelyn Bagdasarova both ran a PR at the New Jersey Marathon! Keith finished in 3:26:14 and Evelyn ran a time of 3:36:27.
- Stephen Seeler placed 5th in his AG at the Big Sur Marathon, finishing in 2:56:42.
2019 Points Races
- Popular Brooklyn Half (full): https://www.nyrr.org/races-
- NYRR Queens 10K (full): https://www.nyrr.org/races-
- Team Championships: https://www.nyrr.org/races-
- New Balance Bronx 10 Mile: https://www.nyrr.org/races-
- NYRR Staten Island Half: https://www.nyrr.org/races-
- TCS New York City Marathon: https://www.tcsnycmarathon.
- NYRR Ted Corbitt 15K
All of our apparel is now at one spot at our sponsor, Finish Line Physical Therapy at 119 West 23rd Street, 3rd Floor.
To order gear:
- New Nike Singlets: https://www.meetup.com/
- New Balance Singlets: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Short Sleeved Shirts: https://www.meetup.com/
- Long Sleeved Shirts: https://www.meetup.com/
- Gloves: https://www.meetup.com/
- Running caps: https://www.meetup.com/
- Jackets: https://www.meetup.com/
- 2019 Winter/Spring 5k-10k: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
content/uploads/2018/12/DWRT_ TrainingPlan_Winter2019_ ShortDistance.pdf
- Brooklyn Half Marathon Plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
Injury Questions for Finish Line Physical Therapy
Have an ache or pain? Ask our new strength and mobility coach, Emmi Aguilldard, about it here to receive advice ASAP! http://bit.ly/DWRTinjuryq
If you shop for running gear at http://www.runningwarehouse.
DWRT’s 2019 Wellness Partners and Sponsors
For health and wellness needs, please consider our Wellness Partners. Thank you, Wellness Partners!
- Sports acupuncture: RunnerClinicNYC www.runnerclinic.com
- Physical therapy: Finish Line Physical Therapy www.finishlinept.com
- Physical Therapy: Sloane Stecker Physical Therapy http://sloanestecker.com/
- Sports Podiatry: Lori Weisenfeld, DPM www.loriweisenfelddpm.com
- Orthopedic Sports Massage, Sarah Sanborn LMT: https://www.sarahsanborn.com/
- Banking: First Republic Bank https://www.firstrepublic.com
- Real Estate: Karen Burman https://www.elliman.com/real-
Thank you also to our friends at DermalMedix, Amity Hall, and Running Warehouse!
Follow us on: