Welcome to this week’s edition of our weekly news and events roundup of all things Whippet-related.
Good luck to everyone racing the NJ Marathon, London Marathon, the Healthy Kidney 10k, and other races this weekend!
- We are doing a Brooklyn Half preview run on May 5. RSVP here for it!https://www.meetup.com/
- I think we can still get people into the Brooklyn Half. Let me know if you want a spot!
- If you are doing the Healthy Kidney 10k, RSVP here: https://www.meetup.com/
- For the Healthy Kidney 10k cheer zone, RSVP here: https://www.meetup.com/
- For the HK 10k Post Points Pints, RSVP here: https://www.meetup.com/
- RSVP here if you’d like to volunteer at our track meet: https://www.meetup.com/
- To register for our track meet, go here: http://trackmeet.
- To join the waitlist for a yoga class for runners, RSVP here: https://www.meetup.com/
- If you are doing the Brooklyn Half, RSVP here: https://www.meetup.com/
- For the Brooklyn Half Post Points Pints, RSVP here: https://www.meetup.com/
- If you’d like to volunteer at a Brooklyn Half water station, RSVP here:https://www.meetup.com/
Results – thanks a ton to Martina, who is writing up the results! If you have any non-NYRR results and would like to be featured on our Weekly Wag and have the result in our database, make sure to fill out the results form here: http://www.dashingwhippets.
- Our women’s team placed 2nd at the 2019 Run as One 4M. Diane Carter finished in 26:11, placing 7th in her AG. Lauren Lopez (26:33) and Barbara Mann (26:54) both placed 4th in their AG. They were followed by Grace Berry (29:55) and Margaret Harpin (29:59).
- The Men took 5th place. Jordan Wolff (22:49) placed 4th in his AG and was followed by Josef Ziegler (24:33); Daniel Villaveces (24:46); Sean Gorski (25:10) and Daniil Blinov (25:53).
- Stephen Seeler placed 2nd OA at the Queens Marathon 2019, finishing in 2:58:05.
2019 Points Races
- UAE Healthy Kidney 10K (full): https://www.nyrr.org/races-
- Popular Brooklyn Half (full): https://www.nyrr.org/races-
- NYRR Queens 10K (full): https://www.nyrr.org/races-
- Team Championships: https://www.nyrr.org/races-
- New Balance Bronx 10 Mile: https://www.nyrr.org/races-
- NYRR Staten Island Half: https://www.nyrr.org/races-
- TCS New York City Marathon: https://www.tcsnycmarathon.
- NYRR Ted Corbitt 15K
All of our apparel is now at one spot at our sponsor, Finish Line Physical Therapy at 119 West 23rd Street, 3rd Floor.
To order gear:
- New Nike Singlets: https://www.meetup.com/
- New Balance Singlets: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Short Sleeved Shirts: https://www.meetup.com/
- Long Sleeved Shirts: https://www.meetup.com/
- Gloves: https://www.meetup.com/
- Running caps: https://www.meetup.com/
- Jackets: https://www.meetup.com/
- 2019 Winter/Spring 5k-10k: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
content/uploads/2018/12/DWRT_ TrainingPlan_Winter2019_ ShortDistance.pdf
- Brooklyn Half Marathon Plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
Injury Questions for Finish Line Physical Therapy
Have an ache or pain? Ask our new strength and mobility coach, Emmi Aguilldard, about it here to receive advice ASAP! http://bit.ly/DWRTinjuryq
If you shop for running gear at http://www.runningwarehouse.
BOA Shorts Discount Code
If you want some cool running apparel, check out the 20% off code at this great shorts/running clothes maker: https://www.meetup.com/
Rabbit Apparel Discount Code
We have a new team discount code for Rabbit Apparel, which has some really nice looking shirts, singlets, and other running apparel. Here’s the site:https://www.runinrabbit.
DWRT’s 2019 Wellness Partners and Sponsors
For health and wellness needs, please consider our Wellness Partners. Thank you, Wellness Partners!
- Sports acupuncture: RunnerClinicNYC www.runnerclinic.com
- Physical therapy: Finish Line Physical Therapy www.finishlinept.com
- Physical Therapy: Sloane Stecker Physical Therapy http://sloanestecker.com/
- Sports Podiatry: Lori Weisenfeld, DPM www.loriweisenfelddpm.com
- Orthopedic Sports Massage, Sarah Sanborn LMT: https://www.sarahsanborn.com/
- Banking: First Republic Bank https://www.firstrepublic.com
- Real Estate: Karen Burman https://www.elliman.com/real-
Thank you also to our friends at DermalMedix, Amity Hall, and Running Warehouse!
Follow us on: