Welcome to this week’s edition of our weekly news and events roundup of all things Whippet-related.
- The next points race that isn’t full is the Queens 10k. Register here!https://www.nyrr.org/races-
- Registration for Team Championships is now open. Information here:https://www.nyrr.org/races-
- We have new short sleeved shirts. You can purchase one here: https://www.meetup.com/
- Emmi is hosting a strength and mobility session at Finish Line on March 27. Make sure to wear activewear to the event! RSVP here: https://www.meetup.com/
- If you are doing the Brooklyn Half, the coaches are publishing the plan this week! You can get workouts pushed to your VDOT app by RSVPing at either of these meetups:
- Advance Plan: https://www.meetup.com/
- Intermediate Plan: https://www.meetup.com/
- If you are doing the BAA 5k, RSVP here: https://www.meetup.com/
- The Boston Marathon shakeout run: https://www.meetup.com/
- Boston Marathon post race pints: https://www.meetup.com/
- The PR committee is compiling a list of members who might want to help with taking great photos at team events (along with Tom and Ben!). Please email me and let me know if you might be interested!
Results – thanks a ton to Martina, who is writing up the results! If you have any non-NYRR results and would like to be featured on our Weekly Wag and have the result in our database, make sure to fill out the results form here: http://www.dashingwhippets.
- The Open Class Women Team placed 2nd at the 2019 United Airlines NYC Half thanks to Emmi Aguillard (1:23:23); Kendall Lyons (1:27:12); Rose Willey (1:28:40); Nikki Salenetri (1:29:35) and Catherine Novack (1:29:39). Lillian Alvarado placed 6th in her AG, finishing in 1:38:47.
- On the men side, Charles Kinzig (1:11:40); Josh Arden (1:15:18) and David Roeske (1:15:29) placed 10th, 8th and 9th in their AG. Ralf Holzer placed 8th in his AG, finishing in 1:23:45.
- The following team members represented us at the Front Runners New York Indoor Track Meet: Katherine Edwards (Mile – 05:50/2nd WOA); Frederick Hines (Mile – 04:54/9th OA); Jonathan Epstein (Mile – 04:57/10th OA; 800m – 2:26; 400m – 01:00; 200m – 00:28); Joseph Lipari (800m – 2:19); Scott Batten (800m – 2:21; 400m – 1:03; 200m – 00:29).
- Laura Gann was the 1st woman OA at the Nashville Music City half marathon, where she finished in 1:22:20.
- Kathleen Servidea placed 2nd OA for the women at the WSSAC St. Patrick’s Day 4 Mile, finishing in 25:01.
2019 Points Races
- UAE Healthy Kidney 10K (full): https://www.nyrr.org/races-
- Popular Brooklyn Half (full): https://www.nyrr.org/races-
- NYRR Queens 10K: https://www.nyrr.org/races-
- Team Championships: https://www.nyrr.org/races-
- New Balance Bronx 10 Mile: https://www.nyrr.org/races-
- NYRR Staten Island Half: https://www.nyrr.org/races-
- TCS New York City Marathon: https://www.tcsnycmarathon.
- NYRR Ted Corbitt 15K
All of our apparel is now at one spot at our sponsor, Finish Line Physical Therapy at 119 West 23rd Street, 3rd Floor.
To order gear:
- New Nike Singlets: https://www.meetup.com/
- New Balance Singlets: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Short Sleeved Shirts: https://www.meetup.com/
- Long Sleeved Shirts: https://www.meetup.com/
- Gloves: https://www.meetup.com/
- Running caps: https://www.meetup.com/
- Jackets: https://www.meetup.com/
- 2019 NJ Marathon: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
- 2019 Boston Marathon: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
- 2019 NYC Half: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
- 2019 Winter/Spring 5k-10k: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
content/uploads/2018/12/DWRT_ TrainingPlan_Winter2019_ ShortDistance.pdf
Injury Questions for Finish Line Physical Therapy
Have an ache or pain? Ask our new strength and mobility coach, Emmi Aguilldard, about it here to receive advice ASAP! http://bit.ly/DWRTinjuryq
If you are a new member of the Dashing Whippets, please join us on Mondays for the New Member and Easy Run, out of Amity Hall. Our website has a new page with FAQs for new members: http://www.dashingwhippets.
Run S.M.A.R.T. Program Roll-out
For information on the new Run S.M.A.R.T/VDOT program the coaches are using, check out the presentation Megan put together here: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
After you sign up for the app, to get training plans pushed to you on the Run S.M.A.R.T. app, email email@example.com.
If you shop for running gear at http://www.runningwarehouse.
DWRT’s 2019 Wellness Partners and Sponsors
For health and wellness needs, please consider our Wellness Partners. Thank you, Wellness Partners!
- Sports acupuncture: RunnerClinicNYC www.runnerclinic.com
- Physical therapy: Finish Line Physical Therapy www.finishlinept.com
- Physical Therapy: Sloane Stecker Physical Therapy http://sloanestecker.com/
- Sports Podiatry: Lori Weisenfeld, DPM www.loriweisenfelddpm.com
- Orthopedic Sports Massage, Sarah Sanborn LMT: https://www.sarahsanborn.com/
- Real Estate: Karen Burman https://www.elliman.com/real-
Thank you also to our friends at DermalMedix, Amity Hall, and Running Warehouse!
Follow us on: