Welcome to this week’s edition of our weekly news and events roundup of all things Whippet-related.
- RSVP here if you are doing the NYC Half: https://www.meetup.com/
- The NYC Half after party information is here: https://www.meetup.com/
- If you want to cheer for the NYC Half, information is here: https://www.meetup.com/
- The next points race that isn’t full is the Queens 10k. Register here!https://www.nyrr.org/races-
- Registration for Team Championships is now open. Information here:https://www.nyrr.org/races-
- We have new short sleeved shirts. You can purchase one here: https://www.meetup.com/
- Emmi is hosting a strength and mobility session at Finish Line on March 27. RSVP here:https://www.meetup.com/
- We have a date for the Whippets Track Meet! It will be on May 11 at the East River Park. The registration site is here: http://trackmeet.
Results – thanks a ton to Martina, who is writing up the results! If you have any non-NYRR results and would like to be featured on our Weekly Wag and have the result in our database, make sure to fill out the results form here: http://www.dashingwhippets.
- Ingrid Wells was the first woman OA at the NYPD vs FDNY 5 Mile Run, where she finished in 29:37.
- Chris Forti placed 2nd in his AG at the Malden Half Marathon, finishing in 1:22:33.
- Keith Slyman finished the eMurray Todd Half Marathon in 1:35:20, placing 7th in his AG.
- Khia Kurtenbach was the 3rd woman to cross the finish line of the Washington DC Rock’n Roll Half Marathon, finishing in 1:17:39.
2019 Points Races
- UAE Healthy Kidney 10K (full): https://www.nyrr.org/races-
- Popular Brooklyn Half (full): https://www.nyrr.org/races-
- NYRR Queens 10K: https://www.nyrr.org/races-
- Team Championships: https://www.nyrr.org/races-
- New Balance Bronx 10 Mile: https://www.nyrr.org/races-
- NYRR Staten Island Half: https://www.nyrr.org/races-
- TCS New York City Marathon: https://www.tcsnycmarathon.
- NYRR Ted Corbitt 15K
All of our apparel is now at one spot at our sponsor, Finish Line Physical Therapy at 119 West 23rd Street, 3rd Floor.
To order gear:
- New Nike Singlets: https://www.meetup.com/
- New Balance Singlets: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Short Sleeved Shirts: https://www.meetup.com/
- Long Sleeved Shirts: https://www.meetup.com/
- Gloves: https://www.meetup.com/
- Running caps: https://www.meetup.com/
- Jackets: https://www.meetup.com/
- 2019 NJ Marathon: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
- 2019 Boston Marathon: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
- 2019 NYC Half: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
- 2019 Winter/Spring 5k-10k: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
content/uploads/2018/12/DWRT_ TrainingPlan_Winter2019_ ShortDistance.pdf
Injury Questions for Finish Line Physical Therapy
Have an ache or pain? Ask our new strength and mobility coach, Emmi Aguilldard, about it here to receive advice ASAP! http://bit.ly/DWRTinjuryq
If you shop for running gear at http://www.runningwarehouse.
DWRT’s 2019 Wellness Partners and Sponsors
For health and wellness needs, please consider our Wellness Partners. Thank you, Wellness Partners!
- Sports acupuncture: RunnerClinicNYC www.runnerclinic.com
- Physical therapy: Finish Line Physical Therapy www.finishlinept.com
- Physical Therapy: Sloane Stecker Physical Therapy http://sloanestecker.com/
- Sports Podiatry: Lori Weisenfeld, DPM www.loriweisenfelddpm.com
- Orthopedic Sports Massage, Sarah Sanborn LMT: https://www.sarahsanborn.com/
- Real Estate: Karen Burman https://www.elliman.com/real-
Thank you also to our friends at DermalMedix, Amity Hall, and Running Warehouse!
Follow us on: