Welcome to this week’s edition of our weekly news and events roundup of all things Whippet-related.
- RSVP here if you are doing the NYC Half: https://www.meetup.com/
- The next points race that isn’t full is the Queens 10k. Register here!https://www.nyrr.org/races-
- Registration for Team Championships is now open. Information here:https://www.nyrr.org/races-
- We have new short sleeved shirts. You can purchase one here: https://www.meetup.com/
- FRNY is holding their annual meet on March 15. Info here: https://www.meetup.com/
- The Brooklyn Wednesday Run is back on. Information Here: https://www.meetup.com/
- Emmi is hosting a strength and mobility session at Finish Line on March 27. RSVP here:https://www.meetup.com/
- We have a date for the Whippets Track Meet! It will be on May 11 at the East River Park. The registration site is here: http://trackmeet.
- Also, if you are doing the Boston Marathon and want to do a preview of the course, head up with Chris Forti. Info here: https://www.meetup.com/
Results – thanks a ton to Martina, who is writing up the results! If you have any non-NYRR results and would like to be featured on our Weekly Wag and have the result in our database, make sure to fill out the results form here: http://www.dashingwhippets.
- The 2019 NYRR Washington Heights Salsa, Blues, and Shamrocks 5K was the first club-point race of the year and our women placed 3rd! Ellyn Atkinson (17:40) and Ingrid Wells (17:47) took 6th and 9th place OA for the women. Jennie Cohen (18:30); Alison Lindsay (18:43) and Genevieve Coffey (19:02) placed 10th, 5th and 10th in their AG.
- The men took 5th place: Jordan ODonoghue (15:53); Spencer Zidarich (15:56) and Charles Kinzig (15:56) placed 9th, 10thand 5th in their AG. They were followed by Keaton Naff (16:07) and Stephen Bione (16:11).
- The Masters 40+ men team took 5th place as well thanks to Matt Wong (17:57-8th AG); Bobby Liu (17:59 – 5th AG) and Joseph Lipari (18:14). The top three runners for the Masters 40+ women team were Satomi Sugishita (22:37-9th AG); Patricia Choux (22:37-5thAG) and Jacquii Alexander (23:40).
- Karlo Mendoza (16:42) and Eric Xiao (16:59) placed 8th and 9th in their AG. Scott Batten placed 7th in his AG, finishing in 18:57. Christopher Pareja (20:53) and Mark Heller (21:13) placed 5th and 9th in their AG. Eris Saari (24:11) placed 10th in her AG.
- John Emy finished the Tokyo Marathon in 3:42:09.
- Laura Bouso placed 5th in her AG at the ALAMO 13.1 half marathon, finishing in 1:43:20.
- Kristyn Smith ran a half marathon PR of 1:38:08 at the Cowtown Half.
- Stephanie Gnoza completed the Black Canyon Ultras 60K in 8:48:02.
2019 Points Races
- UAE Healthy Kidney 10K (full): https://www.nyrr.org/races-
- Popular Brooklyn Half (full): https://www.nyrr.org/races-
- NYRR Queens 10K: https://www.nyrr.org/races-
- Team Championships: https://www.nyrr.org/races-
- New Balance Bronx 10 Mile: https://www.nyrr.org/races-
- NYRR Staten Island Half: https://www.nyrr.org/races-
- TCS New York City Marathon: https://www.tcsnycmarathon.
- NYRR Ted Corbitt 15K
All of our apparel is now at one spot at our sponsor, Finish Line Physical Therapy at 119 West 23rd Street, 3rd Floor.
To order gear:
- New Nike Singlets: https://www.meetup.com/
- New Balance Singlets: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Short Sleeved Shirts: https://www.meetup.com/
- Long Sleeved Shirts: https://www.meetup.com/
- Gloves: https://www.meetup.com/
- Running caps: https://www.meetup.com/
- Jackets: https://www.meetup.com/
- 2019 NJ Marathon: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
- 2019 Boston Marathon: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
- 2019 NYC Half: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
- 2019 Winter/Spring 5k-10k: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
content/uploads/2018/12/DWRT_ TrainingPlan_Winter2019_ ShortDistance.pdf
- Brooklyn Half Plan coming soon!
Injury Questions for Finish Line Physical Therapy
Have an ache or pain? Ask our new strength and mobility coach, Emmi Aguilldard, about it here to receive advice ASAP! http://bit.ly/DWRTinjuryq
If you shop for running gear at http://www.runningwarehouse.
BOA Shorts Discount Code
If you want some cool running apparel, check out the 20% off code at this great shorts/running clothes maker: https://www.meetup.com/
Rabbit Apparel Discount Code
We have a new team discount code for Rabbit Apparel, which has some really nice looking shirts, singlets, and other running apparel. Here’s the site:https://www.runinrabbit.
DWRT’s 2019 Wellness Partners and Sponsors
For health and wellness needs, please consider our Wellness Partners. Thank you, Wellness Partners!
- Sports acupuncture: RunnerClinicNYC www.runnerclinic.com
- Physical therapy: Finish Line Physical Therapy www.finishlinept.com
- Physical Therapy: Sloane Stecker Physical Therapy http://sloanestecker.com/
- Sports Podiatry: Lori Weisenfeld, DPM www.loriweisenfelddpm.com
- Orthopedic Sports Massage, Sarah Sanborn LMT: https://www.sarahsanborn.com/
- Real Estate: Karen Burman https://www.elliman.com/real-
Thank you also to our friends at DermalMedix, Amity Hall, and Running Warehouse!
Follow us on: