Welcome to this week’s edition of our weekly news and events roundup of all things Whippet-related.
- Make sure to come to our Golden Hammer Party on January 12! https://www.meetup.com/
- There are only 200 spots and around 175 tickets have been purchased so far, so make sure to buy one!
- Many of the spring NYRR races are now open, including the first points race of the year – the Washington Heights 5k: https://www.nyrr.org/races-
and-events/2019/nyrr- washington-heights-salsa- blues-and-shamrocks-5k and the Healthy Kidney 10k: https://www.nyrr.org/races- and-events/2019/uae-healthy- kidney-10k
- The Gridiron 4M is nearing capacity: https://www.nyrr.org/races-
- Info on the Brooklyn Half is available. The race will be on May 18 and registration opens on January 30 at noon. If you have guaranteed entry, you can sign up starting on January 9, but have to claim your spot by January 23. Mark your calendars! https://www.nyrr.org/races-
- RSVP for the next indoor track meet at the Armory here: https://www.meetup.com/
- The coaches are uploading the 2019 Boston Marathon Plan on the Run Smart app. More plans to follow. RSVP here if you would like to have it uploaded to your account!https://www.meetup.com/
- The intermediate NJ Marathon Plan is here: https://www.meetup.com/
- Advanced NJ Marathon Plan: https://www.meetup.com/
- Intermediate NYC Half Plan: https://www.meetup.com/
- Advanced NYC Half Plan: https://www.meetup.com/
Spring training plans for the NJ Marathon, Boston Marathon, NYC Half, and shorter distances have been uploaded. Check the plans out in the links below!
If you have any questions, email the coaches at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Results – thanks a ton to Martina, who is writing up the results! If you have any non-NYRR results and would like to be featured on our Weekly Wag and have the result in our database, make sure to fill out the results form here: http://www.dashingwhippets.
2019 Points Races
1. Washington Heights 5K: https://www.nyrr.org/races-
2. UAE Healthy Kidney 10K: https://www.nyrr.org/races-
3. Popular Brooklyn Half: https://www.nyrr.org/races-
4. NYRR Queens 10K
5. Team Championships
6. New Balance Bronx 10 Mile
7. NYRR Staten Island Half
8. TCS New York City Marathon
9. NYRR Ted Corbitt 15K
All of our apparel is now at one spot at our sponsor, Finish Line Physical Therapy at 119 West 23rd Street, 3rd Floor.
To order gear:
- New Nike Singlets: https://www.meetup.com/
- New Balance Singlets: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Long Sleeved Shirts: https://www.meetup.com/
- Tech T-shirts: https://www.meetup.com/
- Wool hats: https://www.meetup.com/
- Gloves: https://www.meetup.com/
- Running caps: https://www.meetup.com/
- Jackets: https://www.meetup.com/
- 2019 NJ Marathon: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
- 2019 Boston Marathon: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
- 2019 NYC Half: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
- 2019 Winter/Spring 5k-10k: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
content/uploads/2018/12/DWRT_ TrainingPlan_Winter2019_ ShortDistance.pdf
If you are a new member of the Dashing Whippets, please join us on Mondays for the New Member and Easy Run, out of Amity Hall. Our website has a new page with FAQs for new members: http://www.dashingwhippets.
Run S.M.A.R.T. Program Roll-out
For information on the new Run S.M.A.R.T program the coaches are using, check out the presentation Megan put together here: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
After you sign up for the app, to get training plans pushed to you on the Run S.M.A.R.T. app, email email@example.com.
Fort Lauderdale Half Discount
The A1A Half and Full Marathon (Sun. Feb. 17, 2019) has provided us with a 15% off discount code (DASHINGWHIPPETS) and TWO FREE RACE ENTRIES. If you want to beat the cold weather, the race entries will go on a first-come-first-served basis. Entries are non-transferable and non-sellable. Email: sponsorships@dashingwhippets.
DWRT’s 2018 Wellness Partners and Sponsors
For health and wellness needs, please consider our Wellness Partners. Thank you, Wellness Partners!
- Sports acupuncture: RunnerClinicNYC www.runnerclinic.com
- Physical therapy: Finish Line Physical Therapy www.finishlinept.com
- Physical Therapy: Sloane Stecker Physical Therapy http://sloanestecker.com/
- Sports Podiatry: Lori Weisenfeld, DPM www.loriweisenfelddpm.com
- Orthopedic Sports Massage, Sarah Sanborn LMT: https://www.sarahsanborn.com/
Thank you also to our friends at DermalMedix, Amity Hall, and Running Warehouse!
Follow us on: