Welcome to this week’s edition of our weekly news and events roundup of all things Whippet-related.
Note: The long runs are canceled tomorrow due to the rain and wind. Both will be held on Sunday instead.
- If you would like to join people on a trip to the expo, RSVP here: https://www.meetup.com/
- If you’re doing the NYC Marathon, RSVP here: https://www.meetup.com/
- The post marathon party info is here: https://www.meetup.com/
- The NYC Marathon cheer station info is here: https://www.meetup.com/
- If you would like to be connected with people with a similar goal time, fill out this form:https://goo.gl/forms/
- Skyler and Kirby Mosenthal are organizing a DWRT group in Westchester. Check out the Meetup site here: https://www.meetup.com/
- The last open points race of the year is the Ted Corbitt 15k. Information is here: https://www.nyrr.org/races-
- If you are doing the Dash to the Finish, RSVP here: https://www.meetup.com/
- We have new long sleeved t-shirts! Info here: https://www.meetup.com/
Results – thanks a ton to Martina, who is writing up the results! If you have any non-NYRR results and would like to be featured on our Weekly Wag and have the result in our database, make sure to fill out the results form here: http://www.dashingwhippets.
- Meghan Hom placed 2nd in her AG at the Brooklyn Marathon & Half Marathon, finishing in 1:48:02.
- Dave McGrath placed 6th OA and 2nd in his AG at the Blues Cruise 50K, finishing in 4:37:41.
- Sophie Buszwaituk finished the Hartford Half Marathon in 1:40:22.
- Young Cho placed 3rd in his AG at the Post Office Cafe 5k, finishing in 18:43.
2018 Points Races
- TCS NYC Marathon (11/4/2018) (full): https://www.tcsnycmarathon.
org/plan-your-race/run-in- 2018?_ga=2.260980173. 1756861461.1516468491- 1713173526.1506293621
- Ted Corbitt 15K (12/8/2018): https://www.nyrr.org/races-
All of our apparel is now at one spot at our sponsor, Finish Line Physical Therapy at 119 West 23rd Street, 3rd Floor.
To order gear:
- New Nike Singlets: https://www.meetup.com/
- New Balance Singlets: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Long Sleeved Shirts: https://www.meetup.com/
- Tech T-shirts: https://www.meetup.com/
- Wool hats: https://www.meetup.com/
- Gloves: https://www.meetup.com/
- Running caps: https://www.meetup.com/
- Jackets: https://www.meetup.com/
- Fall 5k-15k plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
- NYC Marathon Plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
Injury Questions for Finish Line Physical Therapy
Have an ache or pain? Ask a physical therapy professional about it here to receive advice ASAP! http://bit.ly/DWRTinjuryq
If you are a new member of the Dashing Whippets, please join us on Mondays for the New Member and Easy Run, out of Amity Hall. Our website has a new page with FAQs for new members: http://www.dashingwhippets.
If you shop for running gear at http://www.runningwarehouse.
BOA Shorts Discount Code
If you want some cool running apparel, check out the 20% off code at this great shorts/running clothes maker: https://www.meetup.com/
Rabbit Apparel Discount Code
We have a new team discount code for Rabbit Apparel, which has some really nice looking shirts, singlets, and other running apparel. Here’s the site:https://www.runinrabbit.
DWRT’s 2018 Wellness Partners and Sponsors
For health and wellness needs, please consider our Wellness Partners. Thank you, Wellness Partners!
- Sports acupuncture: RunnerClinicNYC www.runnerclinic.com
- Physical therapy: Finish Line Physical Therapy www.finishlinept.com
- Physical Therapy: Sloane Stecker Physical Therapy http://sloanestecker.com/
- Sports podiatry: Lori Weisenfeld, DPM www.loriweisenfelddpm.com
- Sports massage: Body Balance Integrated Massage Therapy www.bodybalancenyc.com
Thank you also to our friends at DermalMedix, Amity Hall, and Running Warehouse!
Follow us on: