Welcome to this week’s edition of our weekly news and events roundup of all things Whippet-related.
- Make sure to sign up for Team Championships! This is one of the biggest races of the year, so we hope everyone can run! https://www.nyrr.org/races-
- In order to score for the team at Team Championships, you must run or have run a NYRR race under the team name in the 12 months prior to it. There’s only one race that’s still open that qualifies! https://www.nyrr.org/races-
- The Bronx 10 miler is nearing capacity – this is the 8th points race of the year:https://www.nyrr.org/races-
- We had a great turnout at the last Tuesday Night Speed Series. The next one is on July 10. Here’s information! https://www.nyrr.org/races-
Other points races that are open are:
- Fifth Avenue Mile: https://www.nyrr.org/races-
- Percy Sutton 5k: https://www.nyrr.org/races-
- Staten Island Half: https://www.nyrr.org/races-
- Ted Corbitt 15k: https://www.nyrr.org/races-
We lowered prices on some apparel. We are low on inventory on these, so email me before you order to see if we have your size left (sizes are on the Meetup sites, but might not be totally current). Links below:
- Tech t-shirts: https://www.meetup.com/
- Sugoi jackets: https://www.meetup.com/
- Retro t-shirts: https://www.meetup.com/
- Long sleeved shirts: https://www.meetup.com/
Run S.M.A.R.T. Program Roll-out
For information on the new Run S.M.A.R.T program the coaches are using, check out the presentation Megan put together here: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
After you sign up for the app, to get training plans pushed to you on the Run S.M.A.R.T. app, RSVP to the training plans here and the coaches will push the plan to your profile.
- NYC Marathon Advanced Plan: https://www.meetup.com/
- NYC Marathon Intermediate Plan: https://www.meetup.com/
- 5k-10k Plan: https://www.meetup.com/
Other plans coming to the app soon!
Results – thanks a ton to Martina, who is writing up the results! If you have any results and would like to be featured on our Weekly Wag, make sure to fill out the results form below.
Make sure to help us fill out our results database by entering your non-NYRR results here: http://www.dashingwhippets.
- Our women took second place at the 2018 Front Runners New York LGBT Pride Run (5M). Diane Carter (33:25); Laureline Logiaco (33:55); Lauren Dorsky (33:56) and Caitlin Williamson (34:58) placed 6th, 5th, 2nd and 10th in their AG. Atlee Murphy (35:00) was our 5th woman. Veronica Boswell (35:02); Leah Robbins (36:39); Carol Stickler (37:06) and Johanna Amutenya (36:53) placed 4th, 9th, 6th and 7th in their AG.
- The men placed 4th. Kyle Oppenheimer (29:15) and Justin Shane (29:53) both placed 7th in their AG. They were followed by Peter Sesek (30:20); Young Cho (31:28) and Richard Nacin (31:31-6th AG). Scott Batten (31:42) and John Narducci (35:12) both placed 7th in their AG.
- At the 2018 Achilles Hope & Possibility (4M), our women placed first. Diane Carter placed 8th OA for the women, finishing in 26:25. Lauren Dorsky (26:46) and Patricia Choux (28:57) placed 1st and 4th in their AG. They were followed by Margaret Harpin (28:49) and Natalie Kurzyna (30:08).
- On the men side, Joshua Whitcraft (23:30) placed 5th in his AG. Both Matthieu Grigoresco (23:35) and Brett Slater (26:55) placed 3rd in their AG. Wayne Wilkey (26:48) and Mitchell Gouzenko (27:00) placed 4th and 9th in their AG.
- At the PPTC Al Goldstein Summer Speed Series #3, Katherine Edwards placed 5th OA for the women, finishing in 19:52. Maggie Mocete (20:23) and Eliza Ragsdale (20:38) placed 2nd and 4th in their AG. Leonel Perez (17:43) and Rory Coons (19:01) placed 5th and 10th in their AG.
- At the Tuesday Night Speed Series, Ingrid Wells ran the 5000 in 18:04. Karlo Mendoza ran 16:15, Jeremy Arthur ran 16:55, Jordan Rose 17:02, Eric Morley 17:13, and Mike Fosco 17:48. In the 1500, Fred Hines ran 4:33, Matt Wong 4:34, Jonathan Epstein 4:41, and Alex Noble 4:48. Stephen Bione ran 1:00.73 in the 400.
2018 Points Races
- Team Champs (7/28/2018): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Percy Sutton 5K (8/25/2018): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- NYRR 5th Avenue Mile (9/9/2018): https://www.nyrr.org/races-
- Bronx 10M (9/30/2018) (nearing capacity): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Staten Island Half (10/14/2018): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- TCS NYC Marathon (11/4/2018) (register by 2/15!): https://www.tcsnycmarathon.
org/plan-your-race/run-in- 2018?_ga=2.260980173. 1756861461.1516468491- 1713173526.1506293621
- Ted Corbitt 15K (12/8/2018): https://www.nyrr.org/races-
All of our apparel is now at one spot at our sponsor, Finish Line Physical Therapy at 119 West 23rd Street, 3rd Floor.
To order gear:
- New Nike Singlets: https://www.meetup.com/
- New Balance Singlets: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Tech T-shirts: https://www.meetup.com/
- Retro short sleeved t-shirt: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Long Sleeved Shirts: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Sugoi track jackets: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Wool hats: https://www.meetup.com/
- Gloves: https://www.meetup.com/
- Running caps: https://www.meetup.com/
- Holloway Jackets: https://www.meetup.com/
- Summer 5k-10k Plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
- Fifth Avenue Mile/Track Plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
- NYC Marathon Advanced Plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.
- Chicago Marathon Plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.
com/wp-content/uploads/2018/ 06/dwrt_chicagomarathonplan_ 2018.pdf
Injury Questions for Finish Line Physical Therapy
Have an ache or pain? Ask a physical therapy professional about it here to receive advice ASAP! http://bit.ly/DWRTinjuryq
If you are a new member of the Dashing Whippets, please join us on Mondays for the New Member and Easy Run, out of Amity Hall. Our website has a new page with FAQs for new members: http://www.dashingwhippets.
If you shop for running gear at http://www.runningwarehouse.
BOA Shorts Discount Code
If you want some cool running apparel, check out the 20% off code at this great shorts/running clothes maker: https://www.meetup.com/
Rabbit Apparel Discount Code
We have a new team discount code for Rabbit Apparel, which has some really nice looking shirts, singlets, and other running apparel. Here’s the site:https://www.runinrabbit.
DWRT’s 2017 Wellness Partners and Sponsors
For health and wellness needs, please consider our Wellness Partners. Thank you, Wellness Partners!
- Sports acupuncture: RunnerClinicNYC www.runnerclinic.com
- Physical therapy: Finish Line Physical Therapy www.finishlinept.com
- Physical Therapy: Sloane Stecker Physical Therapy http://sloanestecker.com/
- Sports podiatry: Lori Weisenfeld, DPM www.loriweisenfelddpm.com
- Sports massage: Body Balance Integrated Massage Therapy www.bodybalancenyc.com
Thank you also to our friends at DermalMedix, Amity Hall, and Running Warehouse!
Follow us on:
Facebook Page: http://facebook.com/
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/