Welcome to this week’s edition of our weekly news and events roundup of all things Whippet-related.
Good luck to everyone doing Boston on Monday!
- If you want to do a shakeout run on Sunday, RSVP here: https://www.meetup.com/
- If you are doing the marathon, RSVP here: https://www.meetup.com/
- If you are going up to cheer, RSVP here: https://www.meetup.com/
- And if you want to go out for drinks after the marathon, RSVP here: https://www.meetup.com/
- The Queens 10k is nearing capacity! This is the next team points race that is open. Here’s info: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- South Brooklyn Running Club is holding a track meet next month. Info here: https://www.meetup.com/
Results – thanks a ton to Martina, who is writing up the results! If you have any results and would like to be featured on our Weekly Wag, make sure to fill out the results form below.
Make sure to help us fill out our results database by entering your non-NYRR results here: http://www.dashingwhippets.
- Our women took first place at the 2018 Boomers Cystic Fibrosis Run to Breathe (4M). Kathleen Servidea placed 2nd OVERALL for the women, finishing in 24:12. Barbara Mann (25:31) and Lauren Lopez (25:51) placed 6th and 8th OA. Allison Jacobsen (27:09) and Genevieve Coffey (27:42) placed 1st and 6th in their AG. Brooke Jameson (27:57) and Patricia Choux (28:04) placed 2nd and 1st in their AG. Catherine Mitchell (28:59) placed 9th in her AG.
- On the men’s side, Matthew Feick (24:04) and Timothy Pedrotty (24:39) placed 6th and 9th in their AG. Neil Carragher (27:20) and Bob Parsons (39:13) placed 6th and 8th in their AG.
- Jeremy Arthur finished the Berlin Half Marathon in a blazing time of 1:15:49!
- Kristen Elkins and Eliza Ragsdale represented us at the Cherry Blossom Ten Mile Run, finishing in 1:08:49 and 1:10:52.
2018 Points Races
- UAE Healthy Kidney 10K (4/29/2018) (full): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Brooklyn Half (5/19/2018) (full): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Queens 10K (6/16/2018) (nearing capacity): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Team Champs (7/28/2018): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Percy Sutton 5K (8/25/2018): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- NYRR 5th Avenue Mile (9/9/2018)
- Bronx 10M (9/30/2018): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Staten Island Half (10/14/2018): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- TCS NYC Marathon (11/4/2018) (register by 2/15!): https://www.tcsnycmarathon.
org/plan-your-race/run-in- 2018?_ga=2.260980173. 1756861461.1516468491- 1713173526.1506293621
- Ted Corbitt 15K (12/8/2018)
All of our apparel is now at one spot at our sponsor, Finish Line Physical Therapy at 119 West 23rd Street, 3rd Floor.
To order gear:
- Singlets: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- New tech T-shirts: https://www.meetup.com/
- Retro short sleeved t-shirt: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Long Sleeved Shirts: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Sugoi track jackets: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Wool hats: https://www.meetup.com/
- Gloves: https://www.meetup.com/
- Running caps: https://www.meetup.com/
- New Jackets: https://www.meetup.com/
- Boston Marathon Plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
- Advanced NJ Marathon Plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
- Intermediate NJ Marathon Plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
- Short distance plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
- Brooklyn Half Plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
Race for Edie 5k
The Dashing Whippets are pleased to be a Sponsor of the Race for Edie 5K, to be held May 20, 2018 in Prospect Park. A gifted runner and cyclist, Edie Perkins ran for the Dashing Whippets before moving to California in 2016. In April 2017, while cycling near L.A, Edie was struck by an SUV turning into her path. She sustained extensive injuries, and is paralyzed from the chest down. Edie’s friends have organized this 5K to assist with the costs of her care.
To register: https://runsignup.com/Race/NY/
Injury Questions for Finish Line Physical Therapy
Have an ache or pain? Ask a physical therapy professional about it here to receive advice ASAP! http://bit.ly/DWRTinjuryq
Spring 2-Massage Special / Body Balance Sports Massage
Our sports massage Wellness Partner, Body Balance Sports Massage, has a new 2-massage promotion for DWRT for the spring. Why not have one prior to your spring A-race, and one after? Also, makes a perfect gift for a spring marathoner!
The deal: (a) $90 for 2 x 30 minute massages; or (b) $170 for 2 x 60 minute massages. (+ tax). (Each must be used by June 1). Details:https://bodybalancenyc.com/
If you are a new member of the Dashing Whippets, please join us on Mondays for the New Member and Easy Run, out of Amity Hall. Our website has a new page with FAQs for new members: http://www.dashingwhippets.
Ragnar Relay Discount Code
If you like Ragnars, then you’ll love $100 off of these two races: Ragnar Pennsylvania June 15-16, 2018 or Trail Ragnar Wawayanda Lake October 5-6, 2018. For the exclusive Dashing Whippets $100 off code, click the Ragnar link on our website, or go to our Deals Page on Meetup. Register at www.ragnarrelay.com
(See info on code here: https://www.meetup.com/
If you shop for running gear at http://www.runningwarehouse.
BOA Shorts Discount Code
If you want some cool running apparel, check out the 20% off code at this great shorts/running clothes maker: https://www.meetup.com/
Rabbit Apparel Discount Code
We have a new team discount code for Rabbit Apparel, which has some really nice looking shirts, singlets, and other running apparel. Here’s the site:https://www.runinrabbit.
DWRT’s 2017 Wellness Partners and Sponsors
For health and wellness needs, please consider our Wellness Partners. Thank you, Wellness Partners!
- Sports acupuncture: RunnerClinicNYC www.runnerclinic.com
- Physical therapy: Finish Line Physical Therapy www.finishlinept.com
- Physical Therapy: Sloane Stecker Physical Therapy http://sloanestecker.com/
- Sports podiatry: Lori Weisenfeld, DPM www.loriweisenfelddpm.com
- Sports massage: Body Balance Integrated Massage Therapy www.bodybalancenyc.com
Thank you also to our friends at DermalMedix, Amity Hall, and Running Warehouse!
Follow us on:
- Instagram: http://instagram.com/
- Twitter: http://twitter.com/
- Facebook Page: http://facebook.com/
- Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/