Welcome to this week’s edition of our weekly news and events roundup of all things Whippet-related.
- If you’re doing the NYC Half and want to coordinate with other team members with similar goal times to start out with, fill out this form:https://docs.google.com/forms/
d/e/1FAIpQLSeWjUyMw7CcQJ2Z- 71rvIK9xC3Y3WDsrDLQZpsUB9yYybR 36w/viewform?usp=sf_link
- Also, if you’re new to the team, we’d love to have you run the race under the team name! To do so, log into your myNYRR profile at http://www.mynyrr.org and select the team from the drop down menu.
- Megan Jones is organizing a strategy session for the NYC Half on Wednesday at Finish Line. RSVP here: https://www.meetup.com/
- Riri is organizing a trip to the NYC Half expo on Friday. Info here: https://www.meetup.com/
- Tom is organizing a cheer station for the Half: https://www.meetup.com/
- And Matan is organizing a post race get-together! https://www.meetup.com/
- If you are running the race, RSVP here for any updates: https://www.meetup.com/
- The Front Runners are organizing a track meet on Friday, March 23. Check it out: https://www.meetup.com/
- If you’re doing the Boston Marathon, Steve is organizing a shake out run on the Sunday prior to the race in Boston: https://www.meetup.com/
Results – thanks a ton to Martina, who is writing up the results! If you have any results and would like to be featured on our Weekly Wag, make sure to fill out the results form below.
Make sure to help us fill out our results database by entering your non-NYRR results here: http://www.dashingwhippets.
- At the 2018 NYRR Washington Heights Salsa, Blues and Shamrocks 5K, our women placed 3rd. Jessica Chichester placed 6thOA for the women, finishing in a blazing time of 17:53. Brigette Kolson (18:25) and Grace Bowen (18:30) placed 5th and 9th in their AG. Kathleen Servidea (18:30) and Meghan Bongartz (18:53) placed 1st and 8th in their AG.
- Our men placed 4th thanks to Spencer Zidarich (16:12); Ned Cunningham (16:13); Keaton Naff (16:16-3rd AG); Jeremy Arthur (16:32) and Karlo Mendoza (16:49-3rd AG).
- Megan Keane (18:56) placed 4th in her AG. Jennie Cohen (19:09) and Ayaba Kanther (21:47) both placed 9th in their AG. Eris Saari (23:18) and Sarah Woods (23:27) placed 5th and 8th in their AG. Paula Scaminaci (23:36) placed 10th in her AG.
- Frederick Hines (17:04) and Jonathan Kline (17:40) placed 10th and 1st in their AG. Bobby Liu (17:46) and Terrence McGovern (17:57) both placed 9th in their AG. Frank Drury (19:28) and Christopher Pareja (20:09) placed 5th and 6th in their AG.
- Olivier Wijtenburg competed in the mile at the NYRR Night at the Races 4, placing 2nd OA and finishing in 4:14.98.
- James Stucker and Andrea Mascaro ran a really strong Tokyo Marathon, finishing in 2:53:00 and 3:00:27.
- Keith Slyman ran the eMurray Todd Half Marathon in 1:35:23.
2018 Points Races
1. Washington Heights 5K (3/4/2018) (full): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
2. UAE Healthy Kidney 10K (4/29/2018) (full): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
3. Brooklyn Half (5/19/2018) (full): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
4. Queens 10K (6/16/2018): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
5. Team Champs (7/28/2018): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
6. Percy Sutton 5K (8/25/2018): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
7. NYRR 5th Avenue Mile (9/9/2018)
8. Bronx 10M (9/30/2018): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
9. Staten Island Half (10/14/2018): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
10. TCS NYC Marathon (11/4/2018) (register by 2/15!): https://www.tcsnycmarathon.
11. Ted Corbitt 15K (12/8/2018)
All of our apparel is now at one spot at our sponsor, Finish Line Physical Therapy at 119 West 23rd Street, 3rd Floor.
To order gear:
- Singlets: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- New tech T-shirts: https://www.meetup.com/
- Retro short sleeved t-shirt: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Long Sleeved Shirts: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Sugoi track jackets: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Wool hats: https://www.meetup.com/
- Gloves: https://www.meetup.com/
- Running caps: https://www.meetup.com/
- New Jackets: https://www.meetup.com/
- NYC Half Marathon Plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
- Boston Marathon Plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
- Advanced NJ Marathon Plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
- Intermediate NJ Marathon Plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
- Short distance plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
Injury Questions for Finish Line Physical Therapy
Have an ache or pain? Ask a physical therapy professional about it here to receive advice ASAP! http://bit.ly/DWRTinjuryq
If you are a new member of the Dashing Whippets, please join us on Mondays for the New Member and Easy Run, out of Amity Hall. Our website has a new page with FAQs for new members: http://www.dashingwhippets.
Ragnar Relay Discount Code
If you like Ragnars, then you’ll love $100 off of these two races: Ragnar Pennsylvania June 15-16, 2018 or Trail Ragnar Wawayanda Lake October 5-6, 2018. For the exclusive Dashing Whippets $100 off code, click the Ragnar link on our website, or go to our Deals Page on Meetup. Register at www.ragnarrelay.com
(See info on code here: https://www.meetup.com/
If you shop for running gear at http://www.runningwarehouse.
BOA Shorts Discount Code
If you want some cool running apparel, check out the 20% off code at this great shorts/running clothes maker: https://www.meetup.com/
Rabbit Apparel Discount Code
We have a new team discount code for Rabbit Apparel, which has some really nice looking shirts, singlets, and other running apparel. Here’s the site:https://www.runinrabbit.
DWRT’s 2017 Wellness Partners and Sponsors
For health and wellness needs, please consider our Wellness Partners. Thank you, Wellness Partners!
- Sports acupuncture: RunnerClinicNYC www.runnerclinic.com
- Physical therapy: Finish Line Physical Therapy www.finishlinept.com
- Physical Therapy: Sloane Stecker Physical Therapy http://sloanestecker.com/
- Sports podiatry: Lori Weisenfeld, DPM www.loriweisenfelddpm.com
- Sports massage: Body Balance Integrated Massage Therapy www.bodybalancenyc.com
Thank you also to our friends at DermalMedix, Amity Hall, and Running Warehouse!
Follow us on:
Facebook Page: http://facebook.com/
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/