Welcome to this week’s edition of our weekly news and events roundup of all things Whippet-related.
- Our annual Golden Hammer Party is on January 27! Purchase your ticket here. Early birds get a deal ($50 each up to 120 people!):https://www.meetup.com/
- We are going to get a ton of awards at the NYRR Club Night on 2/1. The team has bought a table and are giving members a $5 discount off the $50 admission price if you RSVP here: https://www.meetup.com/
- Our Thursday workouts have been canceled tonight due to the storm.
- The Joe Kleinerman 10k has been canceled.
- Make sure to log into the Meetup page to see if any further runs are canceled. Be careful when running this weekend – it’s going to be very cold!
- Please make sure to RSVP and update your RSVPs if you’re going to runs so event organizers know who to expect at the runs!
- The USATF NY Indoor Track Championships are on 2/11 at Ocean Breeze. Here’s info: https://www.meetup.com/
- Our spring marathon and NYC Half plans are out! Let our coaches know if you have questions by emailing email@example.com. See below for the links to the plans.
- The first team points race of 2018 is the Washington Heights 5k, which is now open:http://www.nyrr.org/
races-and-events/2018/nyrr- washington-heights-salsa- blues-and-shamrocks-5k
- The second points race, the Healthy Kidney 10k in April is also open: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- If you’re doing the Manhattan Half, RSVP here: https://www.meetup.com/
- Did you get into the NYC Half? If so, RSVP here: https://www.meetup.com/
- Would you like to volunteer at the NYC Half? If so, you can register on http://mynyrr.nyrr.org. Our location will be the fluid Station 4 on the new UA NYC Half course. It is on the FDR just north of 14th Street. Also, RSVP here (but make sure to register as well!): https://www.meetup.com/
Results – thanks a ton to Martina, who is writing up the results! If you have any results and would like to be featured on our Weekly Wag, make sure to fill out the results form below.
Make sure to help us fill out our results database by entering your non-NYRR results here: http://www.dashingwhippets.
2018 Points Races
1. Washington Heights 5K (3/4/2018): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
2. UAE Healthy Kidney 10K (4/29/2018): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
3. Brooklyn Half (5/19/2018)
4. Queens 10K (6/16/2018)
5. Team Champs (7/28/2018)
6. Percy Sutton 5K (8/25/2018)
7. NYRR 5th Avenue Mile (9/9/2018)
8. Bronx 10M (9/30/2018)
9. Staten Island Half (10/14/2018)
10. TCS NYC Marathon (11/4/2018)
11. Ted Corbitt 15K (12/8/2018)
Team tech shirts are here, only $20, and available at Finish Line PT. Singlets and long sleeved shirts are $20. Jackets are $80 (note: these are available at Custom Performance). To order gear:
- Singlets: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- New tech T-shirts: https://www.meetup.com/
- Retro short sleeved t-shirt: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Long Sleeved Shirts: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Sugoi track jackets: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Wool hats: https://www.meetup.com/
- Gloves: https://www.meetup.com/
- Running caps: https://www.meetup.com/
Jackets coming soon!
- NYC Half Marathon Plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
- Boston Marathon Plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
- Advanced NJ Marathon Plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
- Intermediate NJ Marathon Plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
Injury Questions for Finish Line Physical Therapy
Have an ache or pain? Ask a physical therapy professional about it here to receive advice ASAP! http://bit.ly/DWRTinjuryq
If you shop for running gear at http://www.runningwarehouse.
BOA Shorts Discount Code
If you want some cool running apparel, check out the 20% off code at this great shorts/running clothes maker: https://www.meetup.com/
Rabbit Apparel Discount Code
We have a new team discount code for Rabbit Apparel, which has some really nice looking shirts, singlets, and other running apparel. Here’s the site:https://www.runinrabbit.
If you are a new member of the Dashing Whippets, please join us on Mondays for the New Member and Easy Run, out of Amity Hall. Our website has a new page with FAQs for new members: http://www.dashingwhippets.
DWRT’s 2017 Wellness Partners and Sponsors
For health and wellness needs, please consider our Wellness Partners. Thank you, Wellness Partners!
Sports acupuncture: RunnerClinicNYC www.runnerclinic.com
Physical therapy: Finish Line Physical Therapy www.finishlinept.com
Sports podiatry: Lori Weisenfeld, DPM www.loriweisenfelddpm.com
Sports massage: Body Balance Integrated Massage Therapy www.bodybalancenyc.com
Thank you also to our friends at DermalMedix, Amity Hall, and Running Warehouse!
Follow us on:
Facebook Page: http://facebook.com/
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/